Idaris

Empathy

Prologue

The year is 2015. The so called world war three had not broken out, the world hadn't ended either. The streets in the major city were grim, many homeless littered the streets, many being teenagers and children of the so called golden age of humanity. Yes it was the golden age, many diseases had been cured, some still reined but there were solutions to help ease those in pain. The gap between the rich and the poor had never been bigger. Children dying of not disease but from hunger and thirst, things that half a decade ago would have been laughable.

The world had changed so much. A girl in a long battered black coat walked along the rubbish strewn streets. Her head lowered, so she could see through her grimy hair but no one could see her face. Anger boiled in her gut, this was the street from which both herself and brother had been stolen so many years ago. Her fists clenched in the pockets of the large coat. Taking long deep breathes as she walked. A shrill of a baby filled the street, the sound heartrenching.

Syphere hated the goverment. They had made her a monster. They had destroyed her brother. Her family. Her precious mother was dead; all because they wanted a weapon to make the world fear that rundown country.

Slowly she stopped in front of a small set of terraced houses. The windows had been smashed through. The walls battered and burnt. The wood of the door buckled and splintered. The garden laden with packets and open black bin bags, spewing it's rotting contents.

Home. Mommy I'm finally home.

A tear slowly ran down her grimy cheek.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Chapter 1

Sho had just finished his shift at the local market. His joints felt stiff and his lower back ached, from constantly shifting heavy boxes along the shop floor. He slowly walked up his street, grateful yet again as it was not as bad as some. These streets had very few homeless and there wasn't as much rubbish on the streets. His rucksack thrown over the one shoulder, his t-shirt hung loose not because it was too big but because of how skinny he had become. His features pinched and he looked pale. Food tasted like ash in his mouth. Black lank almost greasy hair flicked into his green eyes. Sho's long legs consumed by his baggy jeans, that looed as if someone had taken a knife to them. His pace quick but wary, as he slowly made his way towards a grey drab looking apartment building.

"Home sweet home," he mumbled under his breath.

Across the other side of the city, a boy slowly walked along the street. His fist clenched tight, his cheeks blacked with dirt, his lip bleeding. His clothes torn and filthy as he moved with purpose. Dan Razor, or just Razor to his friends. Infamous among the lowest of the low. His weapon of choice an old razor blade. Razor's eyes piercing blue that ripped into a person's soul as soon as he met their gaze. At only fifteen, he was young but his face told a different story. He was an Idrian. Idrian's never back down. Idrian's never say never. Idrian's stick up for their own. He had narrowly escaped the Agents. They were still hot on his heels, but he had survived another encounter.

Iki is going to kill me, he thought. He slowly wandered through the back alleys like a rat. That was the rule of the Idrian's, never be seen and never get caught.

Syphere had taught them that.

Chapter 2

Idaris is not as simple as it seems. They are what the world had made. What humans had done so they could rule over others.

Iki was a proud memember, he made sure security was followed to the letter, but being only seventeen made it hard. Thin arms and legs, with thick glasses perched at the end of his long nose. No one would call him a looker but that didn't matter to him, his brains did. He could use any system, hardwire it, rip it apart and make it better. The facility had increased the output percentage he could use, but in doing so they had made him paranoid, edgy and hulcinate on a random basis. The group had tried giving him sleeping medication to try and sedate him to a level where he was calm but it only made him worse. The only one who could keep him at a safe level was Razor, with regular sparring sessions.

Iki had been watching the CCTV he had installed, his skin itching and he hands flexing as her tappered fingers tapped over the keyboard. His shoulders tight as he felt the inside of skull being to buzz, how he hated it. The only peace he found was pounding into flesh with his fists, only concerntrating on living. His own brown eyes flicked to the camera as he saw Razor coming down the alley that linked to this underground bunker. He slowly stood as he heard a femine voice behind him.

"Razor finally decided to show his face then?" Iki slowly turned knowing Obilva was glarring at his back. Obiliva stood close to six foot making her a giant compared to Iki's five foot five height. She smiled showing bright white teeth. God he hated this woman. She may have been great in a fight with her speed and strength but socially she rotted. Her overly sweet voice did nothing to soften her completely black eyes. Her looks modified to look like a victoria secret model but her attiude was that of a man who thought the world must worship him.

"Yes he's coming Obiliva now if you excuse me, I have a workout to do." Iki span on his heel and walked quickly, before she could make a remark about how the group thought he was shagging Razor. Iki growled as he moved, if only they knew the truth of who he truly wanted.

The club's music was overbearing, as it blasted out into the street. The hooded figure made sure that no one could see his face. His eyes aware of his surroundings as one hand held the handle of his blade. Slowly walking down the street his rucksack light, as he smelt the rotting air. How he loathed the festering rats that dwelled here, but adored the sounds they made as his sword sliced through their flesh like butter. A sadistic smile crept up and curled his scarred lip.

No smile would come to Syphere as she pushed the burnt sofa to one side. Her dirty cheek now dry as she searched through the old paper's on the floor, for anything that would bring back a memory of her mother's face.

Crack.

Someone was in the house with her. Her jaw set as her fist balled, her eyes narrowing as she slowly moved to a standing postion. The sound of scuffling came from above. Slowly and quietly as she could she worked her way towards the rotting staircase. Her steps careful and delicate as she moved up the stairs, so her movements would not alert the intruder she was there.

Chapter 3

The dark figure scuffled on the bare wood, snuffling in a strange way. Syphere slowly creeked the door open. As a growl came towards her, she saw the eyes first the impossible blue of a husky, then the ears pointed atop of his short, matted and grimy hair. His teeth yellowing and human as he continued to growl.

"Easy. Easy there fellow. I'm not going to hurt you," her voice gentle and soothing considering on the inside she was shaking. Slowly he stood, his growls stopped as he blinked several times. His voice was rough as though his throat were parched.

"Syphere....It's me. Kro. I...I know I don't look like me self." He lowered his face his eyes screwed up.

"Kro....Oh god....I.....I'm sorry...."

"DON'T! I don't need your pity! I came to find you after you ran. WHY! Why did you leave the bunker. You know it's not safe!"

"Kro....I needed to do stuff okay? See I'm fine..."

He cut her off sharply, "Yeah and what happens if the Knights had got you! What if....Please don't do this."

"I'm sorry Kro honest. I'll tell you next time."

He simply nodded as he moved over to the girl. His arms formed a vice like grip around her as he held her to his overly hot body. He's breathes coming out in heaving gasps. "I...I searched for you for months....Why did you go....Why..."

"Shhh, it's okay. I was coming back today....I just needed to get away for a little while." Syphere's memory flashed back to when she first met Kro. Only a small toddler giggling and laughing as she played Patty cake with him. He looked human then. She didn't see him again for three years by then he had lost his green eyes and replaced with these blue ones. his skin marred by many bruises and burns as they pushed the small child to his limits. Now he was a teenager, caught between man and wolf, and though she was five years older than him. He towered over her, and held her as though he was scarred she was going to leave again. The last time they had met was when she took him to the bunker, where the Idrians dwelled. She knew he'd be safe there, Obiliva would make sure he got enough to eat and was kept out of the way of those who would hurt him. She thought he wouldn't change anymore, but within a year of her leaving him there, he had got ears. Slowly she hugged him back, "It's good to see you Kro. How'd you know I would be here?"

"I didn't."

"Then how?"

"It doesn't matter, I....I just missed you Sy. I missed you so much!" He shook within her arms as her legs gave way under her. Holding him close, listening to his harsh breathing.