Vaan, worst square enix character

Shazi

Do you like Vaan?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Vaan?

• Yup
    • Nuu

valid points everyone, but i didn't dislike his stats (i actually don't give a crap about stats) i actually disliked the character, his personality, the way he looks, even his voice was annoying. but again, that's just me

@koby edward was pretty lame, but that's what he gets for sharing a name with a sparkly vampire ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
I have to agree, Vaan is really annoying. His character design is very feminine and just doesn't fit his personality. He didn't even have a great personality either, his voice is also aggravating.

Only character worse then him is Hope.

this is why he wasn't the main charater XD GO balthier!!!!!!!

Vaan: Who are you?

Balthier: I play the leading man, who else?

• 2 weeks later...

He was just a little self righteous, but can you really blame the guy when you have penello as your best friend?

That girl was as boring as watching paint dry. She tried to have a mothering role in both 12 and 12:RW, but that all failed miserably once you realized she was just there to be an annoyance.

Maybe not the worst, but most unnecessary then. Without her vaan may have tried to charm ashe, no?

Vaan isn't the worst character, Tidus is!

It feels like his personality and back story belong to two different characters. If you spend your childhood in the shadow of your abusive father you would NOT grow up to be a cheerful person. He should have been bitter and aggressive according to the example his father set for him.

The only thing they did right was making him whiny, he is a spoiled athlete after all.

oh no way! tidus is a great character! I enjoyed playing him.

I was brought up in an abusive atmosphere and I am still a rather cheerful person.So are you saying I should be better and resentful because of that?

I think they are trying to convey " life is what you make of it." and his character and I have tried to make something good out of it.

• 1 month later...

I agree Vaan was sooo horrible. But aside from his (and Penelo's) utter lack of personality, what I found most frustrating was their complete irrelevance to the main story. they just tagged along offering nothing more than (lame) commentary. Honestly Ashe, Basch, Balthier, and Fran could've done the entire game (after the party formed) without them. Vaan had no purpose, at least edward was good with music...