Nero D. Ace

Chris or Leon  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Chris or Leon

• Chris Redfield
    • Leon S. Kennedy
    • Neither of them
    • Both of them

Capcom stated Resident Evil 5 was the last main franchise game of the series. Meaning there will NOT be a Resident Evil 6 unfortunately. Most of the side story games suck as well. If they aren't going to make more main story games then I'd like to see them redo 1, 2, and 3 and give it controls like 4 & 5. I hated those old tank like controls.

Where did you get that info from koby? this is the most recent info I found on it hinting towards an RE 6

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=262534

http://kotaku.com/5628130/more-about-resident-evil-6-soon

Both cite the same Spanish event.

It was some official statement made by Capcom during an interview. However you never know when they might change their mind. Heck Square-soft sure did. They once stated they'd never make a sequel to a Final Fantasy game cause sequels usually tend to ruin the crap or whatever. Now we have lots of sequels to FF7, FFX-2, sequels to FF12, and now spin-offs coming for FF13, as well as FF4 sequel, and talks of a FF8 sequel, along with complete remakes of FF7, FF8, and FF9 being hinted at and talked about on Square Enix of Japan's Official Twitter. So while Capcom officially stated in an interview that Resident Evil 5 was their last, you never know when sales of the game might change their mind and convince them otherwise.

As for your sources, I honestly wouldn't trust some Spanish sourced website over official comments directly from those with the ability to actually say yes or no.

While they did say no more numbered games (main story) they did talk about making more side story games. Maybe those sites are confusing some new side story game with the main franchise and naming it 6 unofficially in their news?

That's why I was asking where you got it from. I looked all over for RE 6 news and all I could get was that. I wanted to see the official statement cause I couldn't find one and It would help me from getting my hopes up.

Aye, I tried looking for it and couldn't find it anywhere, but I did find some more confirmation about RE6 "rebooting" the series. So perhaps they have already changed their mind and RE6 is already being made?

As for this topic's point. I like both Chris and Leon and it'd be hard to choose which I prefer, maybe Leon just a little.. but I'm going to have to vote on "both".

What Koby said is correct. There are only two possibilities that Capcom is thinking about. One is to not make any more games of the series, and the other is to "re-boot" the series with RE6. They haven't really decided what they want to do yet (to the public, at least). They may have already started development on RE6, but it would be a "re-boot" of the series, if they are making it. The only other game I know in the series that is under development is Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS, but that is another Gaiden title in the series.

As for my vote on which is better, I would have to say both as well.

Also, I think it would be nice if they re-made Resident Evil 0-3 with the control system of Resident Evil 4+5.

Masachika Kawata only said their not planning to make a RE6. I hope they do cause I heard remarks from Capcom that said RE5 is the last of its kind...THANK GOD!

As a die hard Biohazard fan seeing 4 and 5 pretty much killed my intrest in RE games. But Out of Chris and Leon I say Chris, but if Leon is in another game they better make him like he was in Degenration, just cold and to the point. My favorite person in RE is Claire cause as a kid I had a crush on her cause come on one of the hottest females in game history.

As a die hard Biohazard fan seeing 4 and 5 pretty much killed my intrest in RE games.

Personally I much prefer 4&5 over the rest of the series and so does pretty much everyone I have talked to or played them with in real life. I just can't stand the tank controls of the old games. I am playing a human, I'm not driving a damn tank so don't make me move like one.

RE5 is personally my ALL time favorite Co-op playing game. I simply LOVE playing it with a friend and I wouldn't change anything to do with the gameplay. Only wish we could possibly buy bullets but that isn't a big deal and well at least give us a bigger inventory to hold. With only nine items you really can't take much. Handgun, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle or Machine Gun with ammo for those three guns takes up 6 of your 9 slots. Then take at least 1 healing, maybe a grenade, and that leaves you 1 or two open slots to have anything to do with so you can pick up something.

If it went back to the old gameplay style of 1-3 I would not play the series anymore. I'd stick to RE4 and RE5 and just play them over again.

Personally I much prefer 4&5 over the rest of the series and so does pretty much everyone I have talked to or played them with in real life. I just can't stand the tank controls of the old games. I am playing a human, I'm not driving a damn tank so don't make me move like one.

RE5 is personally my ALL time favorite Co-op playing game. I simply LOVE playing it with a friend and I wouldn't change anything to do with the gameplay. Only wish we could possibly buy bullets but that isn't a big deal and well at least give us a bigger inventory to hold. With only nine items you really can't take much. Handgun, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle or Machine Gun with ammo for those three guns takes up 6 of your 9 slots. Then take at least 1 healing, maybe a grenade, and that leaves you 1 or two open slots to have anything to do with so you can pick up something.

If it went back to the old gameplay style of 1-3 I would not play the series anymore. I'd stick to RE4 and RE5 and just play them over again.

I like the controls of 5 thats it. I hate the co-op cause to me RE is a single player game. 4 and 5 to me is unplayable cause I don't like online games and thanks to the very low AI they always get killed. In 4 that girl kept getting killed and in 5 she shoots everything that moves not to forget that going into the inventory doesn't pause the game which sucks when your low on health and your mixing herbs.

Im just glad I own Director's Cut all the way to Outbreak File #2 and all the games on the Wii to play with. I will never go back to 4 and 5 I guess its cause I grew up playing the games since they first came out. If they do make a 6 it has to go back to the old horror style instead of the action co-op ways for me.

Also they need to just dump the whole Weskler as the main villian its getting very old.

Also they need to just dump the whole Weskler as the main villian its getting very old.

I'm pretty sure 5 killed Wesker for good.

I agree though they should give the option to play it without a partner. If you don't want to play with a friend then you shouldn't be forced to have an AI either. I personally like the Co-Op as I play it offline with my sister, but I also think there should be a setting to play it alone as you said.

As for herbs I've never had a problem with it as like I said lack of inventory space meant I mixed as soon as I picked them up if I was even able to, so it was a quick healing process. If you don't have all 4 slots filled with guns you can place one there and then hit the d-pad and hit the use button and you are healed without ever having to open the Inventory Menu.

In RE4 I did dislike having to protect the girl who couldn't do anything for herself but that portion didn't/doesn't stop me from enjoying the game.

Capcom stated Resident Evil 5 was the last main franchise game of the series. Meaning there will NOT be a Resident Evil 6 unfortunately. Most of the side story games suck as well. If they aren't going to make more main story games then I'd like to see them redo 1, 2, and 3 and give it controls like 4 & 5. I hated those old tank like controls.

I thought it was the last part of Chirs' Story but hey, I could be wrong

Any who, I vote Kennedy, hes just bad ass and he is always chasing Ada's sweet sweet BaJunga-Dungas

I voted Leon, since Re 2 and 4 are my all time favorite RE games, I would've really liked five, if only they hadn't taken out the merchant that 4 had, plus 4 actually scared me at times, 5 excited me, but I never really felt the consequences of playing it in the dark as I thought I should.

• 2 weeks later...

ok this is going off topic again but i surprised nobody brought this up but RE 5 can't be the last wesker survives that volcano explosion O.O so there has to be a RE 6 if not then wat would be the piont of a secret ending??? thats like saying the secret ending of kingdom hearts was just there to look pretty and

LEON ALL THE WAY WOOT!!!!MAN