Highschool of the dead season 2?

idl12

Well, I have done some research, especially on Polish anime forums, and I'm bringing good news :) Few people are saying that it was announced on convent Love2 in Poland this year, and it will be realised ( if there will be no delays ) on December this year. Dunno which day exactly.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have done some research, especially on Polish anime forums, and I'm bringing good news :) Few people are saying that it was announced on convent Love2 in Poland this year, and it will be realised ( if there will be no delays ) on December this year. Dunno which day exactly.

Please stop spreading the false rumors... if it don't have a source it ain't true, and something this preposterous I wouldn't believe even with a source lol. I'll say it again... there have been no updates since the OVA came out, please check sources before spreading rumors. *sigh*

Im not going to try spreading rumors but at the end of the ova they did say it wasnt over... and the manga is still going on so maybe the people might make a new one but i think the first thing they will do is make a ova and not a whole new series so dont get to hyped and if you really want more highscool of the dead read the manga for now

Im not going to try spreading rumors but at the end of the ova they did say it wasnt over... and the manga is still going on so maybe the people might make a new one but i think the first thing they will do is make a ova and not a whole new series so dont get to hyped and if you really want more highscool of the dead read the manga for now

They did that just leave it open of a season 2 with the OVA. The rights have been sold from the manga author to the anime company, but there's an undisclosed agreement that came with that. So no one knows if that means they have to wait to make a season 2 to follow the manga or not. Also the manga is yet again on hiatus and who knows how long it'll last this time.

Um, so no rumors... It isn't a rumor right-
? :dhh:

Well for once that is a reliable source I'm sure Wake will be happy now. And I'm definitely looking forward to it, as soon as they finish releasing the OVA in dub. But I wonder how long were going to have to wait in order to see it, oh well might as well re watch it. And the comment that kills me is when that guy say " so I got horny and was wondering" classic.

We actually talked about this video (one from the same panel anyway) and this is what I said.

Sadly that's actually not a confirmation of anything. Their just playing to the crowd. Until the company officially announces it.... I do think there will be a season two from what I have heard inside the studio as well though. They keep saying they are "planning" for a season 2. That doesn't mean there WILL be one. Even if there is, we have to wait for more manga and for there to be enough that could take a few years at the pace it's going unless it's decided to be turned into an OVA series where one would come out every 4 to 6 months just to keep it going because the manga author is having a quarrel with his mag company and his slowness about getting chapters together. That's if the studio sticks to their plan of following the manga of course. I don't see why they would change their minds on that though. My real fear is HSOTD manga will be dropped. Things would have to get a lot worst, but still the way the authors have acted to their mag company (respect your employer people!)....

And this is just a bit of added info to it...

They did that just leave it open of a season 2 with the OVA. The rights have been sold from the manga author to the anime company, but there's an undisclosed agreement that came with that. So no one knows if that means they have to wait to make a season 2 to follow the manga or not. Also the manga is yet again on hiatus and who knows how long it'll last this time.

I can never be happy Dan :P Not bout this topic till there is actual news anyway.

Well for once that is a reliable source I'm sure Wake will be happy now. And I'm definitely looking forward to it, as soon as they finish releasing the OVA in dub. But I wonder how long were going to have to wait in order to see it, oh well might as well re watch it. And the comment that kills me is when that guy say " so I got horny and was wondering" classic.

I think since this topic is starting to go in a circle again, because no one is reading earlier posts, I'll wait for some news before I pop back in here. Cya HOTD Fans:byebye:

I think since this topic is starting to go in a circle again, because no one is reading earlier posts, I'll wait for some news before I pop back in here. Cya HOTD Fans:byebye:

Yeah I see your point, guess I'll also be back when I actually see a trailer of a clip shot of the season too so I'm out too.

• 3 weeks later...

From what i understand the anime was given the ok for a second season in 2012, but with chance of delay with vol.10 of the manga's expected released in june of 2012. however the author did sign for a second season for both the anime and manga. The manga season 2 starts at vol.9.

At least this was the info from my digging about it came to result as, but the comp i had found the sources on got fried so i cant give a difinitive estimate on whether the release will be in early or later 2012 for the anime.

From what i understand the anime was given the ok for a second season in 2012, but with chance of delay with vol.10 of the manga's expected released in june of 2012. however the author did sign for a second season for both the anime and manga. The manga season 2 starts at vol.9.

At least this was the info from my digging about it came to result as, but the comp i had found the sources on got fried so i cant give a difinitive estimate on whether the release will be in early or later 2012 for the anime.

Where ever your getting your info, is just plain wrong. The author has nothing to do with the anime except for an undisclosed agreement that only the director and the author know. It has been speculated that it was for the anime to stay true to the manga. But with all the delays for the manga even that is up in the air. Unless your part of the people working on the anime you wouldn't know anything about a release date for when the anime is coming out. And if you did and just said it you just broke several laws. Just saying. As for the manga volumes they have had their dates which more then a few times so I wont hold my breath on that since it's so far away still.