Non Turnbased RPG

fma2232

I've played turn based rpgs for so long ive slowly begun to hate them there fun but the style of turn based has slowly become boring to me i was wondering if someone could recommend me some non turn based rpgs for the Nintendo ds, PlayStation 2 and/or xbox 360. any would be fine i like the new .hack series was fun kingdom hearts is amazing but thats about all ive played besides chaos legion if anyone remembers that...

• 3 months later...
Games like Mass Effect don't interest me though for some reason.

Im the same way I can't understand HOW thats an RPG it plays like that Ghost Recon game. I list it as a 3rd person shooter because thats all you really do is shoot. It even has the shooter regenrate health by not getting hit for a while.

To the thread starter sorry man I used to hate turn base till I played Persona 3 now its the only rpg still I play. But maybe if you can find the original xbox game called Dreamfall The Longest Journey, Im not sure if it will play on the 360 though.

I'm the opposite way. I'd take turn-based any day of the week over shit like Final Fantasy 13 where you don't even actually play it, the game plays it self.

I miss the old traditional RPG's that were actual RPG's and not CG movies disguised as a game.

It's too bad that there is practically no real RPG's within this generation of consoles. RPG's are blending in to become nothing more than Action Games or simple CG movies.

I'm the opposite way. I'd take turn-based any day of the week over shit like Final Fantasy 13 where you don't even actually play it, the game plays it self.

I miss the old traditional RPG's that were actual RPG's and not CG movies disguised as a game.

It's too bad that there is practically no real RPG's within this generation of consoles. RPG's are blending in to become nothing more than Action Games or simple CG movies.

hmmz you should try this game i found earlier its called the plight of tamriel its very hard and quite fun and old fashioned its hosted here

http://tolariansaga.net/Plight.zip

uhh... a good RPG is Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion. Very good game, and a real gem.

I highly recommend checking out Oblivion if you don't already own it. I also suggest The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind even though it looks a little dated. There are plenty of mods around the net that make it look a lot better. (If your getting it for pc XD...) If not, the unmodded xbox version is still loads of fun.

One thing I have to say about morrowind if you choose to get it is that I didn't like it at first, but I played it anyway. After about 5 hours into the game I really started to enjoy it. Now it's one of my top recommendations.

Rune Factory 3 is pretty good, even with the Harvest Moon parts. If you're like me you also enjoy the farming but you could completely skip and and explore dungeons, craft weapons and items, etc.

The World Ends With You is close to the best DS RPG but, since battle takes places on two screens, it can take awhile to learn. You also have the option to have the CP control the top during battle and can even adjust the difficulty of battle any time not in one. It's been out awhile so you could find it cheap.

While Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is turn based, you can dodge enemies (and even damage Goombas if the dodge jump land on them) and there some decently fun minigames. The best part is the giant Bowser fight where Bowser get really tall and fights castles and robots in a way similar to Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. The battles are turn based like I said but you're always having to watch the screen lest the enemy destroys you or mess up your super moves.

Turn based but doesn't feel like it with the amount interaction in battles.

Rune Factory 3 is pretty good, even with the Harvest Moon parts. If you're like me you also enjoy the farming but you could completely skip and and explore dungeons, craft weapons and items, etc.

The World Ends With You is close to the best DS RPG but, since battle takes places on two screens, it can take awhile to learn. You also have the option to have the CP control the top during battle and can even adjust the difficulty of battle any time not in one. It's been out awhile so you could find it cheap.

While Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is turn based, you can dodge enemies (and even damage Goombas if the dodge jump land on them) and there some decently fun minigames. The best part is the giant Bowser fight where Bowser get really tall and fights castles and robots in a way similar to Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. The battles are turn based like I said but you're always having to watch the screen lest the enemy destroys you or mess up your super moves.

Turn based but doesn't feel like it with the amount interaction in battles.

Oh yeah I forgot about TWEWY Its an awesome game.