FUNimation Announces some of their Summer 2018 Simuldub Lineup

Koby

zxlzz22.jpgEarlier today, FUNimation announced several titles for their Summer 2018 Simuldub Lineup. All of these titles will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand except Overlord III, which will not be available in Australia and New Zealand.

Continuing:

• Black Clover
  • Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits-

• My Hero Academia: Season 03
  • Steins;Gate 0

New Announces:

• Angels of Death
  • Attack on Titan: Season 03
  • Chio's School Road
  • Dies irae (Episodes 12-17)
  • Hanebad!
  • Harukana Receive
  • How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
  • Island
  • Magical Girl Raising Project (aired 2 years ago in Japan, yet will still be a weekly 'dub' stream)
  • Overlord: Season 03
  • The Master Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar

More will surely be announced as the season draws closer so stay tuned!

UPDATED: June 28th.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

I will be SimulDubbing this using GJM's release. Probably just use the BD release since it is out and completed.

I highly doubt Magical Girl Raising Project will be an actual simuldub. The show aired in 2016, so what's there to wait for on a weekly basis? Absolutely nothing.

Most likely, Funimation will just release the dubbed versions of episode 1 and 2 on FunimationNOW and the remaining episodes once the USBD is released. Like they did with a ton of previous shows that weren't simuldubbed either (Re:Zero, Testament S1, upcoming Testament S2, etc).

Edited by Scyrous

14 minutes ago, Scyrous said:

I highly doubt Magical Girl Raising Project will be an actual simuldub. The show aired in 2016, so what's there to wait for on a weekly basis? Absolutely nothing.

Most likely, Funimation will just release the dubbed versions of episode 1 and 2 on FunimationNOW and the remaining episodes once the USBD is released. Like they did with a ton of previous shows that weren't simuldubbed either (Re:Zero, Testament S1, upcoming Testament S2, etc).

FUNimation has never announced shows in their Simuldub line-up that was just going to be a few episodes then Blu-ray. Adding it to their Simuldub line-up suggests it'll be streamed weekly. But it is odd. They've however not responded to any questions on Twitter or their blog about it.

AnimeNewsNetwork also says it'll be a weekly dub: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-06-21/crunchyroll-funimation-to-stream-attack-on-titan-3-overlord-iii-how-not-to-summon-a-demon-lord-angels-of-death/.133238

1 hour ago, Scyrous said:

It's like Lupin III Part 4. They still released EPs weekly as if it were a simuldub despite having aired years ago. It's not a big deal. I like the current line up. Looks promising. 

8 hours ago, Scyrous said:

Funi has been doing this a lot lately if I remember correctly they did new game and brave witches the same way. It will be weekly thing and they probably will air the TV version only. 

• 2 weeks later...