Random and Prob Unpopular thoughts

chlo

I feel that in most cases the guy should pay for the date.

high priced coffee is not worth it . 

Binge watching a show after it has finished airing on tv is not the same as waiting and anticipating its release. 

Public displays of affection are gross! Go somewhere private . 

Getting more hours at work >>> partying with friends

if you have an amazing average in a class please do not come up to me talking like "omg i think i failed that test "

being up early is better than being up late

eating breakfast is gross

typing/posting how you talk is better than one long drawn out post . 

16 hours ago, Zachimillius said:

Books are a pain in the arse when it comes to moving though. So many boxes...

Yeah. Books are a high maintenance hobby, for sure. I built a library over many years... what was shown in the image is a tiny portion I had on display at one time. They are lots a fun to pack and move, yes.

I actually do all my reading on a tablet. But, for me nothing can take the place of real books. But, I don't just own them so I can read them. I don't just love the stories, I love the books themselves. :) Psycho... Reader...  yeah!!! xD

I think if you ask any comic collector they will tell you the same thing. No matter how cool the e-book and digital versions are for reading, and they are amazingly cool, you still gotta have the real thing.

We... R.O.D. -> Read Or Die, I guess.  :ewhz:  :red_heart:

Edited by Garo7

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2018 at 5:14 PM, Garo7 said:

Yeah. Books are a high maintenance hobby, for sure. I built a library over many years... what was shown in the image is a tiny portion I had on display at one time. They are lots a fun to pack and move, yes.

I actually do all my reading on a tablet. But, for me nothing can take the place of real books. But, I don't just own them so I can read them. I don't just love the stories, I love the books themselves. :) Psycho... Reader...  yeah!!! xD

I think if you ask any comic collector they will tell you the same thing. No matter how cool the e-book and digital versions are for reading, and they are amazingly cool, you still gotta have the real thing.

The way you are with books, that's the way I am with Blu-rays and DVDs. I have way too many but I like owning physical copies of stuff I really like. Plus, there are times when I want to watch something and I don't want to have to stream/download it.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 8:14 AM, Garo7 said:

There is a certain je nes sais quoi to the tactile experience of reading a real book.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was pretty hard on the "real books" bandwagon for years, and absolutely refused to even give a traditional eink device a chance. Then my allergies kicked into high gear, and my collection of books began to consume my living space. I was having trouble even cracking one open without having a coughing fit. Finally gave cold plastic a try. Now I love my Kindle. The only books I keep around are ones that nobody else has bothered to digitize yet, and which I intend on digitizing myself eventually.

Baseball fans are the most pompous group of sports fans ever. Their season has over 100 matches in it, each game is mostly 5 hours of people just standing around and spitting on the ground, yet they act like every game is of life-and-death importance, and that the entire world should stop and let them monopolize every screen in existence every single time one of their billion games is on.

• 1 month later...