Manga Vs Anime

RinOkumura

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

There are on occasions that I do in fact prefer the anime over manga.

I know not everyone likes the 2003 Full Metal Alchemist Anime Adaptation because it differs from the manga, whereas Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a more faithful adaptation. But I favor more so the 2003 adaptation. So in that case, I do prefer the anime over the manga. But tends to be very rare that I do. It more so depends on whether I feel its been adapted right, which includes Art Styles and General Tone of the show.

There have been numerous Manga's that I love, adapted for television, and sometimes I look at the finished product and react with "What the hell happened?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/16/2018 at 3:46 AM, Kaetokiha said:

Both are good, but animes tend to left some information about the story and characters out cause they can't put everything on screen. Manga is better if you want to know everything about that title.

I agree with you.

Especially on Heavens Lost Property and the last film they did was so rushed compare to the manga.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 9/6/2017 at 7:16 PM, RinOkumura said:

What do you think of the topic on manga vs anime? Which is better? Or do you like both? 

I love both to be perfectly honest. 

I enjoy mangas that have great art or the anime is poorly adapted such as one punch man second season or berserk but honestly I prefer Anime over manga cuz it adds more style to a character just look at Jogo and geto's walk, that was epic ❤️

Edited by Ahmad

• 2 months later...

Both all the way. Personally, I don't often read manga, haven't done it since 2019. While renting them from the library. 

I do know how to say for Naruto. For example, not really a spoiler since it's still around the beginning of the tale. The 3 protagonist meets Kakashi for the first time, during the intermission before they meet up with Kakashi for the next day to train. Naruto was punching his personal dummy in his room. That didn't appear in the anime. So-

I've always preferred anime, but over time, I've come to believe that there are instances when manga is better than anime.....at least, an anime adaptation of a manga.

In 2021, I finished the Attack on Titan manga, and I still haven't watched the conclusion to the anime.  I will when time allows for it, but I already feel as though the anime's portrayal won't be anything like I imagined from reading the manga.  Unfortunately, I know one or two people who still haven't finished Attack on Titan, so I'm going to have to keep things minimal.  One hint I will drop is that,

Spoiler

during the Rumbling,

I had this tune playing in my head, specifically the part that starts at 7:39; those eight beats per second amidst a terrifying ambiance just felt so fitting....

....which brings me to my next point.  You all know how people have long said that books were always better than movies?  This argument holds true with manga.  While manga still depicts characters, rather than with books requiring you to imagine how they would look, manga still provides for opportunities for you to imagine things.  For example, when I read I Am a Hero, I imagined Hideo to sound like Yong Yea....though I could blame that on him resembling Yong Yea.  But, you can also imagine sounds, ambiance, and even background music.

Of course, I think I'm just telling people what they already know when I explain my experience with manga.  Overall, perhaps my preference to anime has to do with how I was never much of a reader, being preferential to depictions (cartoons, videogames, movies, etc).  However, I ought to consider reading more manga, especially considering that most anime are adaptations of their respective manga (thus, anime could be seen as "advertisements"), and quite often, the anime adaption has some changes implemented, some changes often involving toning things down or changing how they happen altogether.

Edited by Dave55811
Edited where the comma is placed after the spoiler.