[SUGGESTION] Real-Debrid.com, unlimited traffic to MEGA & many premium file hosts

alexia

I recently discovered a great service at Real-Debrid.com. For €4/month (or €9 / 3 months), they provide completely unlimited download traffic for MEGA and a bunch of premium file hosts (one notable exception being NitroFlare, which is not supported). I can recommend it to everyone. Also, if you add your Real-Debrid account to JDownloader, it will try to download through Real-Debrid for any file host supported by that site. (You may want to go to "Settings -> Account Manager -> Usage Rules and add the hosts you use to prevent it from trying to download directly through the hoster in "Free Mode".)

@nyuszika7h this does sound a little bit sketchy to me, to be perfectly honest. I for one am not up to spending money when there are alternative solutions available that cost nothing. However, that's just me. If people want to take advantage of it, that's fine, I just kinda wish it had a bit more weight in the recommendation department to back it up.

That being said I could see some merit in it. But like with any online transactions, my recommendation is be damn sure you'll get what you pay for. Too many online scams these days to be absolutely sure of anything. I'm NOT accusing this of being one, I'm just saying people should be wary online.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IkarosBD said:

@nyuszika7h this does sound a little bit sketchy to me, to be perfectly honest. I for one am not up to spending money when there are alternative solutions available that cost nothing. However, that's just me. If people want to take advantage of it, that's fine, I just kinda wish it had a bit more weight in the recommendation department to back it up.

That being said I could see some merit in it. But like with any online transactions, my recommendation is be damn sure you'll get what you pay for. Too many online scams these days to be absolutely sure of anything. I'm NOT accusing this of being one, I'm just saying people should be wary online.

I know most such services sound "sketchy", and the file hosters certainly do not like them so this is a cat and mouse game and there's no guarantee it'll always work (although these sites do tend to make an effort to fix broken sites). But with this site your payment is actually registered as being sent to a proper company unlike some others where it goes to some random individual and your transaction history shows you bought some Steam game key or such. And sure, with everything that's "unlimited", there may be some unwritten artifical limit but I haven't found one so far. It's not like I leech terabytes of content with it every day. But the ability to paste even 200+ links at once and JDownloader integration is really great. And I can definitely understand people who prefer not to pay anything at all, but in my opinion it's well worth it instead of messing around with IP changes and such. It gives you so much more for your money than a MEGA premium account. And by paying monthly you can minimize the risk of something bad happening, e.g. being banned from the service or stopping support for certain file hosts with no refund, at the cost of paying slightly more overall while you do stick to the service.

Edited by nyuszika7h

1 hour ago, nyuszika7h said:

I know most such services sound "sketchy", and the file hosters certainly do not like them so this is a cat and mouse game and there's no guarantee it'll always work (although these sites do tend to make an effort to fix broken sites). But with this site your payment is actually registered as being sent to a proper company unlike some others where it goes to some random individual and your transaction history shows you bought some Steam game key or such. And sure, with everything that's "unlimited", there may be some unwritten artifical limit but I haven't found one so far. It's not like I leech terabytes of content with it every day. But the ability to paste even 200+ links at once and JDownloader integration is really great. And I can definitely understand people who prefer not to pay anything at all, but in my opinion it's well worth it instead of messing around with IP changes and such. It gives you so much more for your money than a MEGA premium account. And by paying monthly you can minimize the risk of something bad happening, e.g. being banned from the service or stopping support for certain file hosts with no refund, at the cost of paying slightly more overall while you do stick to the service.

Very well written. Yes, I can see the benefit, there was never any doubt there. If the published/advertised features actually work, and the payment goes to the company and not to some individual, then yes I suppose there's no worry is there? I might give it a try myself, if I ever did more downloading from places like MEGA.

8 hours ago, Nabull said:

Really?

:haha:

5e9e0699c1.png

"Hello user123456, 

A successful login to your account recently occurred from an unknown location, to ensure that you are at the origin of this connection we are sending you this email that contains a 6-digit security code you have to confirm with following address: 

<url here>
Security code: <code here> 

If you are not at the origin of this connection thank you NOT to validate the security code and immediately change your password to prevent thieves from gaining access to your account. 

Sincerely, The Real-Debrid team. "

1 hour ago, Garrton said:

Change your email address, maybe someone has a list of email addresses and is trying them on Real-Debrid.com

Especially Real-Debrid is not asking for human verification when you want to reset your password.

IMO, just use a different email for those services.

Yeah, I always use my spam email address for these kinds of services and just keep an eye on its inbox every now and then, so I'm not too worried. Thanks for the pointers.

Might just let the password manager generate a password and change it to that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

On 9/1/2017 at 1:40 AM, ZangoUnchained said:

If i'm going to pay to download shows, I might as well just pay for the shows themselves, they certainly deserve it.

Believe me, I would do that, if they were not insanely overpriced, especially shows from Disney and Nickelodeon. $20–30 every 10 episodes? No thanks, I'd rather support the creators in other ways.

On 9/1/2017 at 3:41 AM, Shinnosuke said:

There are threads on forums that say real-debrid corrupts files so the crc no longer match. Maybe worth checking before you use it.

Strange, I've never had issues like that. Issues like that should be reported in their forum or directly to support. But was it confirmed that the corruption was caused by Real-Debrid and not any of the multiple other possible reasons?

1 hour ago, Moodkiller said:

Yeah, I always use my spam email address for these kinds of services and just keep an eye on its inbox every now and then, so I'm not too worried. Thanks for the pointers.

Might just let the password manager generate a password and change it to that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

You can also change two-factor authentication to require TOTP (Google Authenticator) instead of email under "My Account".

Edited by nyuszika7h
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

They can't really do much more than blocking Real-Debrid's IP addresses and terminating their accounts. They are already doing the former already, I got an IP address blocked error on two links earlier, but I was able to simply generate them again and it worked as they used a different IP. I haven't had that error since then yet.

(NitroFlare's owner is known for DDoSing premium link generators, which is why Real-Debrid doesn't support that site, but I don't think MEGA would go THAT low.)

Edited by nyuszika7h