Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

avalpsychicguy

Can someone please explain Ben 10 to me?

11 posts in this topic

It's my understanding that the new Ben 10 is total crap.  I'm assuming the original series is good, of course.  Everyone always loves the original.  But what about the other 3?  I'm wondering what the general consensus is on those.  As someone who's never seen an episode of Ben 10 in my life, I just want to know what I might be getting myself into.  Also, Omniverse's description on Wikipedia confuses me.  Is it a sequel series, an alternate universe, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Personally I think everything before Ben 10 Omniverse is pretty good. Ben 10 original being the best, I enjoyed the slightly more mature storytelling of Alien Force and Ultimate Alien

Omniverse is where the show shit the bed for me, Ben became much dumber, totally retconned character... Gwen and Kevin left. The show turned to a more comedic style which might have been good if it was actually funny.

Omniverse is a direct sequel to Ultimate Alien which itself was a continuation of Alien Force, which was a continuation of the original. Shame it retxons everything good about the series

Edited by EccentricOne
1 person likes this

Hmm, okay.  Anyone else agree with EccentricOne?  Just want to get as many opinions as possible.

On 8/24/2017 at 4:33 PM, avalpsychicguy said:

Hmm, okay.  Anyone else agree with EccentricOne?  Just want to get as many opinions as possible.

Yes I agree to what @EccentricOne said completely.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, DRX said:

Yes I agree to what @EccentricOne said completely.

All righty, then.  Two opinions is a strong correlation, so I'll leave Omniverse off my list.  Thanks!

Anyone else is welcome to give their opinions, though.  I'm not closing this topic just yet.

1 person likes this

what happened to make the series/franchise go south?  Was there creative changes or was it just whole sale changes on the entire team?

I remember watching the sporadic episode many years ago and enjoyed it.  WAnting to get into it again, but hearing stuff after a certain point is not very good is concerning

1 hour ago, 5knuckleshuffle said:

what happened to make the series/franchise go south?  Was there creative changes or was it just whole sale changes on the entire team?

I remember watching the sporadic episode many years ago and enjoyed it.  WAnting to get into it again, but hearing stuff after a certain point is not very good is concerning

Based on what EccentricOne and DRX said, the first 3 series are the ones to watch.  I'll pass on the 4th series and the recent reboot, since those are the ones that are apparently bad.  Also, EccentricOne described what happened to the 4th series, if that helps you at all.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:26 PM, avalpsychicguy said:

It's my understanding that the new Ben 10 is total crap.  I'm assuming the original series is good, of course.  Everyone always loves the original.  But what about the other 3?  I'm wondering what the general consensus is on those.  As someone who's never seen an episode of Ben 10 in my life, I just want to know what I might be getting myself into.  Also, Omniverse's description on Wikipedia confuses me.  Is it a sequel series, an alternate universe, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Terrible show that is popular with kids.

On 10/12/2017 at 11:02 AM, olympustenay said:

Terrible show that is popular with kids.

Not really sure which one you're referring to, unless you think they're all terrible.  In the latter case, I would have to disagree, because I'm most of the way through the original and loving it.  I can't wait to watch Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.

As a side note, just out of curiosity, is there anyone out there who actually likes Omniverse?  Just wanna make sure I see all sides before I totally dismiss it.

1 person likes this

Personally, I couldn't handle sitting through the original series if Ben were any more childish and bratty, Gwen is an improvement at least, I don't think the show is bad, but I just cannot relate to the main character, at all. (Even more so than the average kid centered TV show)

I do agree that the first three are the ones to watch, but PERSONALLY I find the second and third better simply because the main character is more bearable, if it were not for that, I'd massively prefer the first.

4 hours ago, avalpsychicguy said:

Not really sure which one you're referring to, unless you think they're all terrible.  In the latter case, I would have to disagree, because I'm most of the way through the original and loving it.  I can't wait to watch Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.

As a side note, just out of curiosity, is there anyone out there who actually likes Omniverse?  Just wanna make sure I see all sides before I totally dismiss it.

Okay @avalpsychicguy I have to be totally honest with you, there are quite a few episodes of omniverse that truly were worth watching :ph34r: