Links being shared on public sites and urgent archiving

Hey I don't know if this is the correct place to share this... 

but basically some guy on 4chan posted direct links to most of Cartoons uploads and they have been shared on /r/MegaLinks which is notorious for having links get taken down. Here is the thread https://www.reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/6tbfb3/meta_4chans_cocomics_cartoons_board_has_a_current/

Does anybody have a premium mega account so they are able to import them to their account to archive them just in case they do get taken down. It will be a shame if these get taken down because other people decided to share them on other sites.

• Like 2

That thread is ridiculous. ¬¬

Near the end you've got people going "Did anyone manage to grab (Insert Show Name) before it went down, and would be willing to reup it? And this only about an hour after the thread was created.

There shouldn't even be a need to re-up anything so soon! I've downloaded from 3-4 year old Mega links here that were still live.

It's not rocket science people!

Do

1. Join Kametsu

2. Follow site rules and engage with community in a friendly manner

3. Enjoy grabbing your favorite shows and thank the up-loader

4. If you're going to share outside of Kametsu, then be nice enough to upload/import and create your own links

Don't

1. Post hundreds of someone else's links in a public space and say "Get them quick before their taken down!"

All these people had to do was join Kametsu and keep their damn mouths shut.

The experience here is so fantastic, who wants to ctrl-f through reddit and 4chan anyways? I've been spoiled by this place, and am eternally grateful for it. I dread the thought of Kametsu disappearing.

• Like 9

Only thing we could really do is make it as difficult as possible for someone to compile a big list of shows

using encrypted links, Separate links per episode, no thread showing where each show thread is

If they're going to go ahead and post hundreds of things on another site, lets make them work for it at least

or drastically raise the post count needed to see the links but then people will just spam every thread until they can

Edited by EccentricOne
  • Like 3

What pieces of shit. Who would do that kind of thing. Just kill a community for reddit karma. GOD I'm so pissed right now.

Yin Yang Yo is down ffs. These people are utter trash.

God damnit.

Edit:

there needs to be some encryption like ppl said. Some anti leeching in place. This site works because it's a walled garden. We also need some other hosts beside MEGA.

Edit #2:

there needs to be a rebuilding initiative. I can contribute some of the shows, but there are a lot here. Maybe a list with what we can salvage or not?

Edited by Googler123
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Googler123 said:

Edit #2:

there needs to be a rebuilding initiative. I can contribute some of the shows, but there are a lot here. Maybe a list with what we can salvage or not?

Yessss I suggested this too, does anyone know exactly which of cartoons's threads are dead as a result of this travesty? I have a bunch of his stuff

• Like 1

Just now, DabDeity710 said:

Yessss I suggested this too, does anyone know exactly which of cartoons's threads are dead as a result of this travesty? I have a bunch of his stuff

Archived 4chan thread is here http://archive.is/06og7

we have to check manually for dead links. But we need better anti-leeching in place before we upload our stuff just to be taken down again.

6 minutes ago, Googler123 said:

Archived 4chan thread is here http://archive.is/06og7

we have to check manually for dead links. But we need better anti-leeching in place before we upload our stuff just to be taken down again.

Well i personally don't upload I send my stuff to Raven and he uploads it and he uses multiple file hosts for everything like I'd like to see them steal his 1f links lol

Edited by DabDeity710

This happened before too, mostly tooncores links and the scooby doo collection. I tried reporting to megalinks mods though they were never takendown even though the megalinks rule states no direct linking or importing.

If they decide to choose option 2 for DMCA, it will remove even the imports to other accounts so if you really want something download it before it's gone.

Edited by Shinnosuke
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Googler123 said:

It seems not. Yin Yang yo is down though.

Edit:

But we need some input from Koby on what can be done. Idk how concerned he is about cartoons but they're still part of the site.

Koby's in the process of a move and while I'm not sure how concerned he is with cartoons either I kno for a fact he's concerned with scum sharing ANY kametsu link outside of this site

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

Koby's in the process of a move and while I'm not sure how concerned he is with cartoons either I kno for a fact he's concerned with scum sharing ANY kametsu link outside of this site

That's good to know. I haven't talked much to the admin and I'm not in the 'inner circle' so to speak but I can tell the cartoons section is not his main thing, however sharing links outside of the site is still breaking the rules. Maybe linkcrypting becomes mandatory. It should help with anime section too.

It will protect against these determined fucknuts. At least a bit ...

5 hours ago, Shinnosuke said:

If they decide to choose option 2 for DMCA, it will remove even the imports to other accounts so if you really want something download it before it's gone.

That's good to know, thanks for the info dude.

10 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

Can we start asking new users how they found this site and ban them if they say reddit?

I don't know man, I don't think that'd be a good idea. The result of doing that could be similar to throwing gasoline on a timid fire.

Just because they heard about Kametsu from reddit doesn't necessarily mean they are here to cause problems, for all we know they would follow the rules and be a great community member.

If we start making people guilty by association it might cause an even bigger issue to be born from those actions. They could end up coming back and bringing their friends to seek vengence. 

We might be better off "killing them with kindness" so to speak to keep them here so they can see the benefits of this forum vs using reddit.

• Like 3