Thoughts on One Drive

kozala

Well, besides  ARRBEE007  who has it, and me who's borrowing it from him, for me, it is downright good. The biggest pros for me is that I don't have to worry about files getting expired and people downloading at great speeds. Only con is I can only upload 3 files at a time, even with it's sync desktop feature, unless I use z-o-o-m file uploader but that works half the time.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2017 at 10:21 PM, imhere4snacks said:

Cool thanks for giving me more info.  I was given a deal of 200 GB storage over two years for free, so I thought I would use it.  

Onedrive is the most convenient cloud storage service I have ever used. It's 74 dollars last time I renewed the subscription. I used to be a leech, but as i got older, i saw that actual people were dedicating their spare time to puting these file all over kametsu together. I was inspired to contribute, even thought I do not have the time to. I started using onedrive by accident really, When I bought my computer it came bundled with a mouse, a sleeve thing, mcafee antivirus and a one year onedrive subscription. that was in early august one year, and, it wasn't until the following january that I saw how much cloud storage space I got . The links i shared from the cloud had no adds displayed, no file limitations, no expiration date, fast constant speeds, no need for those premium link generator websites; and the best part, convenience and piece of mind. I was so happy with the subscription that i renewed it, and I shall continue to until I die, or turn 30; whichever comes first.

When my files from mega started disappearing [and I had 23 accounts, yes 23], It got inconvenient and time consuming to check all of them because of the "50 gb" file limitation. I stopped uploading to them and switched over to onedrive full time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay here is an update.  I'm using One Drive!  I've forgotten how slow my internet speed it is to upload, like around 2 GB uploaded a day - unless the uploaded file gives an error and stops then I become  >:(

pZacX2Y.gif

I had to split my larger files to around 1GB size due to the errors.  So I finally have one movie uploaded! 

So with my calculations (147GB in total), I predict I will have Studio Ghibli films to share in like 10 weeks LOL.

d/l'd from torrent https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/13565059/Studio.Ghibli.-.Movie.00-20-OVA_[1984-2014].[1080p.BluRay.x264

Thanks to group DorianHD

Can I ask if you are reading this check to see if this link works, please?

My.Neighbor.Totoro.[1988].1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD 4.5GB

Files split

Let me know!

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hayato said:

I get annoyed by the constant spam barrage of OneDrive on Windows10. It constantly loads itself without asking and insists I create an account or login. I have no intentions of using it, searching for ways of removing it has led to zero positive results on how to get rid of it. 

Don't know much about Windows 10 just googled this so I could read what you mean...

https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

THAT WOULD SH*T ME with how you cannot uninstall it only hide it.  Hope you find a solution Hayato! 

11 hours ago, Hayato said:

I get annoyed by the constant spam barrage of OneDrive on Windows10. It constantly loads itself without asking and insists I create an account or login. I have no intentions of using it, searching for ways of removing it has led to zero positive results on how to get rid of it. 

You can disable it on Windows 10. I have it set to not start when the computer does on my 3 computers with Win 10 Home. It would be much better if it could be removed, though, since I never use it, but it does still use it for when I switch computers with my Microsoft account to keep my personalization settings synced between computers.

53 minutes ago, ragnawind said:

You can disable it on Windows 10. I have it set to not start when the computer does on my 3 computers with Win 10 Home. It would be much better if it could be removed, though, since I never use it, but it does still use it for when I switch computers with my Microsoft account to keep my personalization settings synced between computers.

I have it set to not start, but that doesn't stop it from randomly popping up insisting I either login or sign up either.

1 hour ago, Koby said:

I have it set to not start, but that doesn't stop it from randomly popping up insisting I either login or sign up either.

That's weird. I don't know what I did, but it hasn't come up asking to log-in or sign in since the day I disabled it. I guess I did something else with it that others don't do, but I'm not sure what I did, if that is the case. It has been almost a year now without it popping up at all on any of my computers, not even in the taskbar notifications area..