Nintendo Switch

Dervell

Got my replacement Joycon back and all is right in the world :D

Still absolutely loving my Switch so far especially its hybrid nature. The one thing that I want to point out is that I may be wrong about my price drop prediction before the end of the year. With the current state of demand and people not giving a flying shit about the $300 price tag, I actually kind of doubt that it'll drop in price over the coming Holidays. Hell Nintendo has already ordered to over double their original production for the Switch for this year. Maybe there might be a little pack-in, but that's it.

With Zelda out now, and Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, etc all out by the holidays, I don't think that Nintendo will feel like they need to cut the price. Thus, I actually think it'll take even more time for them to make a "improved" Switch than what people were anticipating (and not that it'll improve that much anyway). If the Switch was struggling or dead-on-arrival, I think Nintendo would be more for pushing a cheaper price and a new version sooner.

Basically, if you're thinking of buying one, might as well try to get one sooner rather than later because knowing Nintendo, they will rest on their laurels and not give consumers anything extra until they have to at least imo. Thoughts?

• Like 1

I delayed the final battle with Ganon for as long as possible, but just beat it all. While it was a pretty epic battle, I was a bit too OP for that mofo. F'n fantastic ending and game. Best Princess Zelda for sure and too bad there was no bang scene at the end. I've basically finished everything, all shrines, most side quests, 500+ Korok seeds, all upgraded armor, so there is nothing left for me, but it says I'm only at "66.00/100%" finished :P Those extra Korok seeds must count an awful lot...

Can't wait for the new DLC and the Hard mode. That will definitely get me coming back again. Now, to find a PS4 Pro and play Persona 5...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, warlord8 said:

Just get a regular ps4 and play persona 5 with your fancy school bag. Also, over on GameFaqs it seems the game doesnt take advantage of ps4 pro's beast mode. 

Nah. I want the best for my baby :P (Says the person who doesn't even have a 4K TV...)

I did give in yesterday and finally open my Collector's Edition. The bag is so sexy...

Edited by deanzel

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/mario-kart-8-deluxe

So it looks like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is killing it in the reviews which is what most of us thought was gonna happen. Finally adding real battle modes and battle maps to the Mario Kart 8 formula was gonna be a guaranteed success. Who else is getting this next week?

My biggest dilemma is whether to go digital or physical for this one. I usually prefer physical due to being able to resell and because I can use the BB/Amazon 20% discount, but this might be the one game where all the conveniences of always having the game on me might outway that all. Just wondering what way others are leaning toward.

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyanLove said:

I'm so jealous of anyone whose been able to play the switch already! I am one of those people who waits for like... a system to go obsolete before I buy it. /Sob. So it will be a long time before I possibly purchase one, but I am super curious about it!

I don't really care about the Switch system itself. It's the games I'm interested in - thus I will need a Switch. Ugh. 

Well I've always been a Nintendo fan, so I am actually interested in the system itself. I would love  to see them come out with something strong. Not sure the Switch is it, but I definitely want to try it too. I've never really had an interest in the WII U, so I don't want to see the Switch become another Wii U, if you know what I mean. Which isn't entirely fair since the Wii U could be a fine system, I haven't tried it either.

Breath of the Wild looks like it would be fun but, that's it's main selling point right now, isn't it?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/puyo-puyo-tetris

Puyo Puyo Tetris is getting a lot of good reviews as well, and I tried out the demo on Switch the other day, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love puzzle games (Tetris, of course) and the style was definitely right on. I was hesitant to get it at the $40 Switch price, but the digital version costs "only" $30 on the Switch eShop. I think that I'll probably buy this game along with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe digitally so I can have some quick on-the-go gaming available to me at all times.

Now, if a Lumines title were to be released on Switch, I'd die and go to heaven :x

Daaaaaaaamn. I was at BestBuy today returning a couple things and was just staring down a copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for like 5 minutes... :/

I want it so bad (and have the 20% BestBuy GCU discount for physical releases), but I'm gonna attempt to hold out for the digital version. I haven't made the plunge yet on the digital version because I'm hoping to see if any deals pop up for Nintendo eShop cards. They used to have like decent 15% off deals on them especially with combining eBay coupons (I should have loaded up back in January), but they've stopped allowing the codes to work on gift cards recently...

My other hope for a discount on the digital version is when/if MyNintendoRewards finally launches their Switch section, that MK8D might have like a 10%-20% discount for some gold coins. This one is definitely me pushing my luck to the max.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2017 at 9:06 AM, genkiambit said:

I wonder what Nintendo was thinking when releasing the New 2DS XL.  I understand the need for a cheap portable option, but not focusing on the switch's ability to be an on-the-go system is a missed opportunity in my opinion.

It's been said a few times over they don't want the switch to completely replace the DS family, but rather be like the big cousin in essence, running side by side offering a different playstyle for a different audience.

• 5 weeks later...