New Modification: Tall (Rectangle) Profile Pictures / Avatars

Koby

I've did some custom editing of the templates to work around and allow users to have tall avatar / profile pictures. This seems like a popular feature on various other places I frequent so I've been excited to introduce it here.

Currently works on Brave, but I'm working on implementing it to the other themes all themes .

When you upload an image, it'll ask you to crop in a square. Have no fear, this 'crop' is only applied to the other various sections of the site such as 'last post info', etc. However on the left of posts in the post template, you'll see your full featured profile picture!

Also it still works responsively, as if you're on a mobile, it'll switch to the cropped square version everyone has been accustomed to all this time.

My current profile picture is just a test to ensure it was actually working as intended.

Let me know what you think. Do you like this idea or do you hate it?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pollux said:

What would the dimension limit be with this feature?

250x250 is max it'll let you upload, but to keep from breaking templates it'll resize to 170px width.

For example, the image I uploaded was 200x350 so it was resized to 143x250 to be within the 250x250 limit.

4 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

With the longer size and ultimately bigger picture, are you going to/have you increased the maximum allowed file size?

Anything between 250KB and 350KB should be fine, irrc its 150KB at the moment?

300KB is what I'm setting it to.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Nekone locked this topic