Best Windows 10 edition

Midghost

I going to buy to windows 10 but i need to know which is best Windows 10 Edition Please Help.

Which windows 10 edition should i buy Between 

Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Pro 

Please answer which is best for gaming or multimedia task.

Edited by Midghost

Honestly for everyday use there isn't really a best version of windows 10 in my opinion, as all windows 10 editions in there core forms are practically the same. But my personal preference for Windows 10 would be the Pro/Professional Edition solely for the reason that you can defer upgrades. This function is also available on the Enterprise edition as well. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hagi said:

Honestly for everyday use there isn't really a best version of windows 10 in my opinion, as all windows 10 editions in there core forms are practically the same. But my personal preference for Windows 10 would be the Pro/Professional Edition solely for the reason that you can defer upgrades. This function is also available on the Enterprise edition as well. 

The enterprise edition actually has a hidden option to completely shut off the internal keylogger, IIRC.  Source: I have a pirated copy of Enterprise installed in my PC.  and This reddit post

19 hours ago, hagi said:

But my personal preference for Windows 10 would be the Pro/Professional Edition solely for the reason that you can defer upgrades. This function is also available on the Enterprise edition as well. 

For clarity: defer != disable. You will get shitty upgrades eventually. If you don't want shitty upgrades then the only option is LTSB.

12 hours ago, Badguys said:

The enterprise edition actually has a hidden option to completely shut off the internal keylogger, IIRC.

It's not hidden. It's a secpol option.

• Like 1

Regular Enterprise is the best. It has all the features of Pro with the ability to turn telemetry down to the lowest possible level.  The only thing that sucks about it is that there's really no legal way to get it outside of being in a corporation. You would have to pirate it.

Don't bother with LTSB, it's literally a barebones meme version of Windows 10.

7 hours ago, Nintendon't said:

The only thing that sucks about it is that there's really no legal way to get it outside of being in a corporation. You would have to pirate it.

You can purchase standard Enterprise licenses easily. Whether it's legal or not is up to the buyer.

7 hours ago, Nintendon't said:

Don't bother with LTSB, it's literally a barebones meme version of Windows 10.

Barebones is best bones.

Why is the best Windows 10 SKU a meme?

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by JohnFlower

Because having Windows 10 without any of the new features is pointless. You're better off using 8.1 if you want a barebones fast Windows OS. More control, a lot less telemetry(spying), faster, etc.

Otherwise, Regular Enterprise is the master race for Windows 10. It can do everything that LTSB has too. Also, why even bother with a key from one of those dodgy sellers? You run the risk of it being stolen or MS deactivating it. Might as well just pirate at that point.

Edited by Nintendon't

2 hours ago, Nintendon't said:

Because having Windows 10 without any of the new features is pointless.

Quickfire question: what 'features' will I miss if I choose Enterprise N LTSB over regular Enterprise?

You're better off using 8.1 if you want a barebones fast Windows OS. More control, a lot less telemetry(spying), faster, etc.

All Windows 8.1 SKU's shipped with Store and a variety of pointless applications. Quite far from barebones if you ask me.

Can you provide a recent source for this 'Windows 8.1 is faster' claim?

Otherwise, Regular Enterprise is the master race for Windows 10.

Answer the quickfire question before making such bold claims.

Also, why even bother with a key from one of those dodgy sellers? You run the risk of it being stolen or MS deactivating it.

Some users (like Koby) prefer to have a legit copy even though such a decision can be detrimental to their mental health.

I mean, you can go through the countless leddit threads in r/microsoftsoftwareswap and check the number of people complaining about it being stolen or deactivated by Microshaft. I'm sure you will find at least one troll claiming such.