Koby

Anime of Winter 2015  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Anime of Winter 2015

• Ajin
    • Assassination Classroom S2
    • Dimension W
    • ERASED
    • GATE - And Thus the JSDF Fought There!
    • Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
    • KonoSuba
    • Myriad Colors Phantom World
    • Showa and Genroku Era Lover's Suicide Through Rakugo
    • Snow White with the Red Hair, Season 2

This poll is closed to new votes

You may vote for one and only one series that aired this last Winter season and is included in this poll that you think deserves to be Anime of Winter 2015.

You only get to vote once.

*Anime series are alphabetically ordered for this poll.

Voting ends May 6th.

If your favorite isn't listed then it's your own fault. There was a nominations thread up for a while for everyone to nominate their favorite for this poll. The options here are what was nominated by everyone. We'll run a similar nomination and poll at the end of the Spring 2016 season so be sure to look for it.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Etzimal said:

Pretty sure s1 was simuldubbed and s2 is still being dubbed weekly.

The last episode of S2 was just released in dub.

1 hour ago, rand said:

snow White with the Red Hair dub been released yet?

Just check pika's posts in the dub section. =)

Seems like ERASED is gonna win this. I enjoyed the first half of it, but that second half was some of the most disappointing crap rushed brainless mess of a story I ever had the misfortune to experience. It's unfortunate that despite pretty much the majority of viewers watching it agreeing with that sentiment from what I've read around the net, it still wins the polls based on hype alone. Anyhow I'm not salty, and I'm happy voter turn out was pretty good / decent with over 80 votes currently. It's still far less than I'd like to see given the amount of viewers this community gets on a daily basis (fyi, more than 3,000 viewers daily), but at least we've had more voters this season than the last by quite a huge handful! With that said, if you haven't voted yet, please do so now! Less than 2 days left to vote!

• Like 1

I ended up voting for Ajin. Probably would have voted for Erased had I finished it  but I have yet to start it and it doesn't look like I'll have time to watch it and vote. 

@EtzimalKonosuba definitely had likeable characters. At least for me. If the story was just a bit better I would have voted that instead.

Ajin surprised me that's for sure. Glad it got renewed for a 2nd season. I still need to watch the movie though. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2016 at 8:22 PM, DeathTheKid said:

I ended up voting for Ajin. Probably would have voted for Erased had I finished it  but I have yet to start it and it doesn't look like I'll have time to watch it and vote. 

@EtzimalKonosuba definitely had likeable characters. At least for me. If the story was just a bit better I would have voted that instead.

Ajin surprised me that's for sure. Glad it got renewed for a 2nd season. I still need to watch the movie though. 

Just for the record, what version of Ajin did you watch DTK: the subbed or the dubbed (and which release)?

5 hours ago, Imagine Breaker said:

Just for the record, what version of Ajin did you watch DTK: the subbed or the dubbed (and which release)?

I watched 1-3 by Ganbarou, 4-12 by Underwater, and 13 in English Dub. haha. So much for consistency.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Koby said:

I watched 1-3 by Ganbarou, 4-12 by Underwater, and 13 in English Dub. haha. So much for consistency.

LOL! xD The last time I remember changing so many groups was with Katekyo Hitman Reborn, but there wasn't really any other choice. Enjoying the show is really all that matters and not how.

This has to be one of the worst blocks of anime of any year. Assassination Classroom and staple shows like One Piece continue to be good, but every thing else was garbage. I was very disapointed with Ajin. The animation was atrocious and made the whole anime seem slow. That style needs to be abandoned.

3 hours ago, Freeman-AP said:

This has to be one of the worst blocks of anime of any year. Assassination Classroom and staple shows like One Piece continue to be good, but every thing else was garbage. I was very disapointed with Ajin. The animation was atrocious and made the whole anime seem slow. That style needs to be abandoned.

Opinions.

I for one thought Ajin had some great CGI and don't think modern animation would have done it justice. I'd like to see more anime utilize this style when it's done correctly like this and benefits the show.

One Piece on the other hand has been mostly shit since the time skip due to non-existent pacing. While most anime utilizes 2-4 chapters an episode, One Piece utilizes like 1 page to like half a chapter at max per episode. Hence why why the single arc of Dress Rosa lasted nearly 200 episodes.

The fact that this had at least 3 contenders for AotS in my opinion, I'd say this was one of the strongest anime seasons we've had since 2010. Pretty much most other seasons either had zero series worth AotS or had only a single clear winner which dominated polls.

• Like 2

• Koby unfeatured and unpinned this topic

95 votes, that's not bad for Kametsu, best I saw was like 92 for the winter polls last time.

I think Ajins CG animation let it down slightly, feels so wooden compared to hand drawn but it seems to becoming more popular (Knights of Sidonia, Expelled from Paradise, Five Numbers etc). I don't mind it being used in the background characters/vehicles etc which is becoming more standard practice, but series without drawn animation loose something.

On 25.4.2016 at 7:56 AM, Etzimal said:

Hmm, it seems the voting system is broken, Koby. There definitely should be 1000x more votes under KonoSuba...

+1 KonoSuba is hilarious and worth watching... for me one of the best animes this season...