ZP help!

griver_007

Cheers!

Any tech savvy  here who uses Zoom Player like me?

I need support. You see this software is great, It could play most file types in their full video/audio quality, unless they are corrupted of course.
However, I notice that when an .mkv file is from a Blu-Ray ripped it tends to freeze up.

Not in a sense that its not responding. I tried running my Task Manager and its still running but its not playing.

One time I tried force the seeker bar and it played but the video is messy green but audio is ok.  Please help me out. Thanks!

Regards,

Are you talking about straight playing the m2ts from the BD, or are you referring to playing an encode? Because the problems you go into detail about sound an awful lot like your playing 10-bit video on a playback solution that doesn't support it.

In any case, I'd recommend as always, the superior playback solution of MPC-HC or mpv. Nothing else beats those.

In terms of easy install and use, go the route of CCCP @ http://cccp-project.net

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Renzourin said:

That just made my day LOL

i used to run VLC back when i was first watching anime and then koby told me to get off the shit and try MPC HC and i havent changed since then

At least someone listens to me... :$

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Koby said:

Are you talking about straight playing the m2ts from the BD, or are you referring to playing an encode? Because the problems you go into detail about sound an awful lot like your playing 10-bit video on a playback solution that doesn't support it.

In any case, I'd recommend as always, the superior playback solution of MPC-HC or mpv. Nothing else beats those.

In terms of easy install and use, go the route of CCCP @ http://cccp-project.net

Encode and since you've mentioned 10-bit I've notice that ZP has no problem playing 8-bit videos. So I guess you nailed it. Its not easy for me to give it up since I bought the premium version of it but I will try this MPHC-HC once I've exhausted every technical solutions/recommendations to make ZP work....hopefully!

16 minutes ago, griver_007 said:

Encode and since you've mentioned 10-bit I've notice that ZP has no problem playing 8-bit videos. So I guess you nailed it. Its not easy for me to give it up since I bought the premium version of it but I will try this MPHC-HC once I've exhausted every technical solutions/recommendations to make ZP work....hopefully!

Good luck with that hope it does work for you since you spent money on it. I'm not counting on it though 10 bit encoding has been out for quite some time now at least a year since i started noticing it if your payer hasnt supported it by now its not likely they will anytime soon.

15 hours ago, Renzourin said:

Good luck with that hope it does work for you since you spent money on it. I'm not counting on it though 10 bit encoding has been out for quite some time now at least a year since i started noticing it if your payer hasnt supported it by now its not likely they will anytime soon.

Story of my life! Well at this moment I will send an inquiry to the developers. There's got to be a work around. I hope.

I don't really understand why you'd pay for a video player software when there are so many free options (and better at that) available to start with. Besides not only is their now 10-bit (and has been for like 4 years so it's not even something relatively new anymore), but now 12-bit is quickly becoming a thing from what I've read. I've been seeing h265 12-bit 4K encodes.

• Like 1

Based on description on their page, Zoom Player supports DirectShow filters. This should allow You to change h.264 decoder used by player to one that has better capabilities (e.g. LAV Filters).

If player uses DirectShow by default, that You can change overall options there. Tools like Win7DSFilterTweaker (videohelp link) might be used to change Windows preferred decoders.

• 5 years later...
  • Koby locked this topic