(Solved)Jdownloader safe?

Daviddaman91

I wanted to try to use Jdownloader because of how much my Tucan Manager crashes on me recently. I was just wondering if this program is safe from being tracked? Also I am using a mac so if anyone has any other download manager suggestions I am open to try new ones :). Thanks for the help!

I wanted to try to use Jdownloader because of how much my Tucan Manager crashes on me recently. I was just wondering if this program is safe from being tracked? Also I am using a mac so if anyone has any other download manager suggestions I am open to try new ones :). Thanks for the help!

you see, i tend to use it alot.. some people say that it uses a lot of ram as it is used longer. also, when jdownloader crashes for me. my ip is being tracked by any filehosting site that you are currently using for. when that happens, i can't access that filehosting site it will only say to the mozilla firefox 'the website is taking too long to respond'

i usually use this when im getting batch downloads of megaupload when i go to work, i also use this for hotfile links.

advantages:

- auto extract (if a password is needed, you will just to type the password and for all of the file with that password, you don't need to type it again.

- can use IP proxy

- just copy a link from any filehosting site and you it will automatically pasted on jdownloader manager for tracing and authenticating the file / link.

- auto reconnect if ever a link is stopped / crashed.

- continue links that are crashed / stopped / paused

disadvantages:

- too much pop up's (in case of you copying some links, there will be pop ups)

- when jdownloader crashed (not the link), the filehosting site that you are currently using will track your IP (very bothersome)

- uses alot of ram while time passes by.

you see, i tend to use it alot.. some people say that it uses a lot of ram as it is used longer. also, when jdownloader crashes for me. my ip is being tracked by any filehosting site that you are currently using for. when that happens, i can't access that filehosting site it will only say to the mozilla firefox 'the website is taking too long to respond'

i usually use this when im getting batch downloads of megaupload when i go to work, i also use this for hotfile links.

advantages:

- auto extract (if a password is needed, you will just to type the password and for all of the file with that password, you don't need to type it again.

- can use IP proxy

- just copy a link from any filehosting site and you it will automatically pasted on jdownloader manager for tracing and authenticating the file / link.

- auto reconnect if ever a link is stopped / crashed.

- continue links that are crashed / stopped / paused

disadvantages:

- too much pop up's (in case of you copying some links, there will be pop ups)

- when jdownloader crashed (not the link), the filehosting site that you are currently using will track your IP (very bothersome)

- uses alot of ram while time passes by.

Hmm. Okay Yeah I've noticed the same thing with your IP getting traced. I didn't know about it using up a lot of RAM though. Do you maybe suggest another download manager that is similar but doesn't use up as much RAM? Because I really like Jdownloader but if it is going to use up all of my system resources I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Hmm. Okay Yeah I've noticed the same thing with your IP getting traced. I didn't know about it using up a lot of RAM though. Do you maybe suggest another download manager that is similar but doesn't use up as much RAM? Because I really like Jdownloader but if it is going to use up all of my system resources I'm not sure if it's worth it.

here's the deal:

i usually use jdownloader if im at work (just leaving my laptop in my house). but when i'm with my laptop.. i usually use megamanager for megaupload, and rapidshare manager for rapidshare links.. and just a regular mozilla firefox download for hotfile.

also, i don't know about people saying that it really sucks alot of Ram but when i tried to check it in task manager, my ram usage is still 1gb ram used.. that's when i simultaneously using jdownloader and watching some downloaded media file (that's why i said that `people are saying`" the only real deal here is that your IP is being tracked if there will be a crash in jdownloader.

well, i hope that it helps! :D

here's the deal:

i usually use jdownloader if im at work (just leaving my laptop in my house). but when i'm with my laptop.. i usually use megamanager for megaupload, and rapidshare manager for rapidshare links.. and just a regular mozilla firefox download for hotfile.

also, i don't know about people saying that it really sucks alot of Ram but when i tried to check it in task manager, my ram usage is still 1gb ram used.. that's when i simultaneously using jdownloader and watching some downloaded media file (that's why i said that `people are saying`" the only real deal here is that your IP is being tracked if there will be a crash in jdownloader.

well, i hope that it helps! :D

Sadly they don't make MU managers for Macs. And I haven't noticed anything in Mac's task manager with an overload of resources. So idk But I am weary of my IP getting tracked as I have already gotten told something from ISP haha.

If you want a download manager that doesn't use much of your resources then you should definitely check out cryptload. I am using it for months now, and didn't have any problems, it worked flawlessly till now. http://www.cryptload.info/

I may look into Cryptload. Poetic told me she used that too so I may try it out. Thanks Oblivia :)

EDIT: Except I can't download it until the developers release their new version for Mac :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use Jdownloader to great success. I have noticed it tends to be a bit resource heavy, though its not bad on my system. It tends to run heavy due to the fact that it uses java. Java as a whole tends to run heavy. That and since it is heavy just set all you links up and let it run while you sleep