just stole a boat

rand

A few hours (5 hours really)  ago i alone stole an entire boat :)  its 20 feet long and made out of aluminium and is in wonderful condition.  When i was in the military i took a diving courses so i guess its put to good use lol.  I snorkeled right up and went to work. The only thing holding the boat down was 3 master locks.  A basic rake and tension wrench and a few seconds of raking the pins and the lock was open it was totally simple.  To keep sound down i pulled the boat out of the marina by using fins and swimming in front and pulling the boat from behind.  The water was bitter cold and i feel kinda dumb because i should have bought a wetsuit for this project as i was in the water for about 20 minutes.  I measured the size of the boat and because its too big it wont fit in my trucks trailer.  So in the middle of the lake i removed the floatation foam and sank the jon boat after getting a gps fix of the location, its now 90 feet under water.  Ill need to wait until 12/12 to pick up the boat because it will be totally moonless and use a bigger trailer.  I got lift bags and 3000 psi scuba tanks i can fill it with then pump out the water using my dewatering pump.

So why go threw all that effort for a simple boat?  Well long story short i love to steal shit, also i know the owner and hes a total dick.  Lets not forget its worth like its not even worth 900 dollars.  I was a pick pocket when i was little not because i needed money but for the rush and thrill.  90% of the time i did not even spend the money unless they were rude.  Im very aware what i did was wrong but its just so awesome to see something you just stole in plain daylight (or in the middle of the night) and know it takes a huge amount of skill and planning to pull it off that is a real rush.

I don't expect a reply to this thread so just consider it a archive entry.

I went to the lake today and did some diving and recovered the boat.  The bow had rammed into the lakes silt and made the boat heavy.  It sank 3 times during recovery because the boat was not totally cleared of water/silt and my dewatering pump clogged and failed.  The lift bags were just plastic 55 gallon plastic barrels with rope threw the openings on top.  I dischared air from the scuba tanks into the plastic barrels to lift the boat and this worked with out problems until i got to about 10-15 feet because the air that was under pressure started to flood out of the barrels.

Ill take some pics tomorrow when i got some time and upload for lolz.

29 minutes ago, idl12 said:

You should definitely post this 100% true story on a publicly visible forum, I encourage you to post pics and personal details for the lulz. there should be at least 1 lonely island reference in said pics. 

I don't use real personal info on the net, i dont even own a facebook account.  End to end encryption is a must, I use tor for 95% of my surfing.  I wont upload raw pics, ofc the hull number will be removed, gps location data on my camera is disabled, landmarks that can identify location is removed, even local plant life is removed because it can be narrowed down to a specific region of where it grows.  Uploading personal data is self incrimination and that is just stupid. To actually encourage users to post personal info is just deplorable. The lack of maturity of this forum never ceases to amaze me, no wonder why monthly donations are almost never met or how new members are completely absent in the community even when new member are in abundance.  Meet minimum required posts, ("1") then leach.  I believe this is because of trolling and limited number of useful posts (2/3 of the posts in this topic are trolling posts).   Might just hold off on the pics...

I went down to the marina and people were saying that the boat is gone because it sank.  So things got even funnier after i heard people were looking for an oil slick from the jp-4 fuel that the outboard motor burns - that was never attached to the boat and the boat had not been fueled in decades.  I did take the boat fishing today at a local lake, only got a few bites on the line, i get more bites on tinder then fishing.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Mr Doovdé said:

its not a story, im facing possible jail time but it is my first time so im not really sure what to expect. just a lot of fml

hmm. theft and destruction of property. U could make plea bargain and try to speak to the owner. dedicate to repairing and doing some sort of service. going to jail won't fix his problem but working for him will.  cleptomania is an actual problem and in some cases hard to curtail.  possibly going into so rehabilitation and "session"  of course u need to actually stop this. I mean Ur only intent was to steal it and that is it. U didn't try to sell it or anything like that. hopefully there isn't any revenge story.  well good luck.  I think u maybe able to get off with a less severe punishment.  but u gotta change. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need a much greater amount of PSI; as the 1,500 ft depth of the water adds on pressure weight, to make the boat raise from the bottom of a body of water? Even if that was the case and you where able to refloat your stolen boat where is the rest of this equipment you're naming coming from? A truck or another boat? Well it couldn't be a truck because you where in the middle of a lake. If you already have a boat then you shouldn't have stolen it; or some would say wouldn't consider, stealing a cheap $900 boat. The price of the tanks, on top of the price of the refurbishing of the boat because of all the rocks that probably tore through the bottom of the boat, or the sand that wouldn't let go completely diminishes the cost of the theft. Nothing about this post says you're an experienced thief either. You created a loose end for yourself on the internet of all places and your technique sounds like you watch way too many movies rather than actually planning it. But for the heck of it let's say you pulled it off with a truck and scuba gear. If that's the case, how did you get the tanks and the empty air filled barrels under water to the boat of yours that is sunken in the average 15000 ft depth of a lake? The only thing that makes sense is the owner not looking for the boat after it sunk because it's not worth the cost of the recovery. Professionally for a boat that size it should cost a couple of grand to get the damn thing out and then refurbish. So there is no logical reason to get the damn thing back, just get another later on and keep life rolling. Forget all that though! None of it matters clearly because the poster got "caught" and now faces jail time so I guess he wont be posting at all after this. What a convenient shame.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zanco said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need a much greater amount of PSI; as the 1,500 ft depth of the water adds on pressure weight, to make the boat raise from the bottom of a body of water? Even if that was the case and you where able to refloat your stolen boat where is the rest of this equipment you're naming coming from? A truck or another boat? Well it couldn't be a truck because you where in the middle of a lake. If you already have a boat then you shouldn't have stolen it; or some would say wouldn't consider, stealing a cheap $900 boat. The price of the tanks, on top of the price of the refurbishing of the boat because of all the rocks that probably tore through the bottom of the boat, or the sand that wouldn't let go completely diminishes the cost of the theft. Nothing about this post says you're an experienced thief either. You created a loose end for yourself on the internet of all places and your technique sounds like you watch way too many movies rather than actually planning it. But for the heck of it let's say you pulled it off with a truck and scuba gear. If that's the case, how did you get the tanks and the empty air filled barrels under water to the boat of yours that is sunken in the average 15000 ft depth of a lake? The only thing that makes sense is the owner not looking for the boat after it sunk because it's not worth the cost of the recovery. Professionally for a boat that size it should cost a couple of grand to get the damn thing out and then refurbish. So there is no logical reason to get the damn thing back, just get another later on and keep life rolling. Forget all that though! None of it matters clearly because the poster got "caught" and now faces jail time so I guess he wont be posting at all after this. What a convenient shame.

the boat was just an aluminium boat shell that i sank in 90 feet of water, sinking the boat in no way effected the boats structural frame and nothing on the boat would be damaged by flooding.  I dont know of any lakes besides the great lakes that have water depth of more then 10k, while the lake im at had a max depth of 120 feet..  I go scuba diving but the rate is decreasing due to lack of interest.  I do have basic scuba gear and that alone is enough.

I gave the boat back and got legal representation, he says that for this jail time is out and that i was worrying about it too much.  Ill have to pay restitution to the family, court fees , legal representation fees with community service and 1 year unregulated probation at most due to it is my first offensive on record and that is likely to be expunged.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Doovdé said:

the boat was just an aluminium boat shell that i sank in 90 feet of water, sinking the boat in no way effected the boats structural frame and nothing on the boat would be damaged by flooding.  I dont know of any lakes besides the great lakes that have water depth of more then 10k, while the lake im at had a max depth of 120 feet..  I go scuba diving but the rate is decreasing due to lack of interest.  I do have basic scuba gear and that alone is enough.

I gave the boat back and got legal representation, he says that for this jail time is out and that i was worrying about it too much.  Ill have to pay restitution to the family, court fees , legal representation fees with community service and 1 year unregulated probation at most due to it is my first offensive on record and that is likely to be expunged.

see. i told u there was hope. but for real get a job doing this if you need to

Still not sold on it but it's good to see that you're sticking around. Don't take my disbelief as me trying to shit on you, by the way. I don't very much agree with people and their imaginative stories to vent for their eventless life- which is what usually happens when one reads about a privately posted crime. You're story is solid, I just like poking holes in stories to find the falsities in them. Especially for crimes, I used to run deep with some darknet crews so I know about crimes plenty. Also: 15000 ft 1500 ft is the international depth average for lakes, just a fun fact.

((By bad, I was smoking a blunt. It's 1500 ft. xD))

Edited by Zanco
1500 ft
  • Like 1