Welcome to Kametsu: Introduce Yourselves! ^_^

Koby

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

I'm Hika, a 20 year old from Indiana, USA. I like to program and watch anime, even though I haven't watched any anime in a while. I enjoy a good anime involving mecha, cyborgs, robots, any kind of that stuff - what can I say, I'm a huge geek. ;)

I recently graduated from high school (last year) and will be going to college soon. I'm also about to be certified in the A+ computer tech certification status. I mostly code in PHP and I am currently coding a simplistic yet extendable blog system. Thanks for reading and I hope to meet you all.

aha! finally i found the intro topic. i was looking for this the other day.

anyway lemme answer the basic questions for a decent intro, i'm way out of practice with net communities. 

i found kametsu because cartoon world used to be a source for me and apparently they moved here. i don't know too much about kametsu but it seems pretty okay so far. there have been some discussions that didn't make me feel like joining in, but everyone's got their own opinions. idk how active i'll be, maybe a little, maybe more. i prefer using irc/chat more than forums. for anime? hmm. bakemono, death note, hxh, punch line, and some ghibli films. i don't do a lot of anime watching anymore, honestly. i spend too much time watching game grumps.

video games? ehhhh.... i'm in the same sort of boat as i describe with anime. currently i really love stardew valley, but the only long standing games for me are smash bros (project m rip), earthbound, classic mario, and stepmania. i could describe more in detail but i can get kinda boring about it.

i don't have many more hobbies anymore. i used to make digital collages but i'm a nothing now. i don't know how active a community it is here, but i guess that's the only question i'd have. what's the average age here? what seem to be popular topics? thank you 

Hello everyone!

I found this forum while searching the web and it looked like a cool site to join. I'm not really known for being active on forums but this site seems like a great place to hang out with friendly and chill people at least. So I might become more active than usual over time.

Top five anime(in no particular order):

1. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R1 & R2

2. Dragon Ball Z

3.  Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

4. Naoki Urasawa's Monster

5. Neon Genesis Evangelion

To be honest with you all, I am more of a manga reader than an anime watcher.

Top five Video Games(in no particular order):

1. Fallout 3

2. Skyrim

3. Grand Theft Auto V

4. Just Cause 2

5. Hitman: Blood Money

My other hobbies include making some YouTube videos every once in a while. I do the video editing on these videos. Me and my friends are making an abridged series of Code Geass. We're also working on a podcast as well.

I do not make any graphics, at least one's that are worth keeping around.

Yes, did I do this right?

• Like 5

Hello, my name is Ryan, also known online as 'IkarosBD'. I currently reside in Irving, Texas, USA and I'm a bonafide born-and-raised Texan.

I've known about Kametsu forums for quite a while but never really made time to join until today. I'm usually online each and every day, typically after I get off of work, and I know a few people here from the IRC as well, so I see no issues becoming active here as well.

My interest in anime is pretty strong, and I'm not locked to any particular animation style or genre - if I watch the first episode of a particular series, and I take a liking to it because of storyline, character development, or otherwise, then I'll continue watching it all the way through. It is because of that, I can't really name any particular series that would be my favorite because I flip around so constantly from series to series. Just know that I have a strong interest in anime.

I'm also quite a gamer, though 99.9% of my gaming is completely on the PC these days. I haven't owned a console since the original XBox. I have in the past also owned an N64 and SNES. The games I'm currently working on (in no particular order):

1. Trails in the Sky (both first and second chapters on the PC)

2. Mass Effect Trilogy (currently on Mass Effect 2)

3. Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas - (no, I haven't gotten to try Fallout 4 yet, before you ask)

4. Deus Ex series (especially Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

The vast majority of the games I play are through Steam. My Steam profile is available upon request, I won't post it out in public.

When I'm not at work, watching anime, or playing games, I often write programs and code PHP. I'm a hardcore fan of Linux, and know my way around any Linux system pretty well. I also maintain the very IRC network that this forum's IRC channel is on - I'm a root network administrator/IRC Operator on that network - so if any of you who frequent the channel have any issues regarding the IRC network, I'm always present in the Kametsu channel (using the name Ryan, or the name Ikaros which is my bouncer client), you can always contact me directly there as well.

It is a pleasure to meet you all, and I look forward to participating in the community further.

• Like 1

Hello, I'm not really good when to comes to introductions, but I'll try my best.

My name is FLCL and I stumbled upon this website while browsing the internet and was surprised to see just how active this site was and decided to join.

I really like anime, I always have, but within the last year or so, I began watching anime much more consistently and have just been trying to watch as much as possible. When it comes to watching anime, I'm pretty open minded and I'm willing to watch absolutely anything so long as it's well executed.

Here are some of my favorite anime as of right now in no particular order

1.) Fooly Cooly (If you couldn't tell by my username lol)

2.) Cowboy Bebop

3.) Serial Experiments Lain

4.) Legend of the Galactic Heroes

5.) Tatami Galaxy

6.) Mushishi

7.) Full Metal Alchemist 2003

8.) Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal

9.) Revolutionary Girl Utena

10.) End of Evangelion

Well, I guess that's all, I'm really looking forward to being part of this community and I'll try to be as active as possible :]

Edited by FLCL