Shibuya Kaidan/The Locker Review.

Today’s review is on the movie Shibuya Kaidan also known as The Locker .

This movie starts out with our cast at a campsite having a good time drinking and telling stories of the horror nature . When it first began I thought it was going to be a slasher type horror which turned me off a little bit but as it progressed it got a bit better .

This is your typical Japanese horror movie “Dead girl with long black hair trying to kill you genre “ I really don’t have anything to complain about when it comes to acting and production but the story really never went anywhere I sat through 2 hrs. 23 mins of movie and never found out the real reason behind the senseless killing or even why she started doing it to them to being with .

Maybe this movie will have another sequel and clear some of this up for me but I highly doubt it will since it was made back in 05.

Alright here comes my thoughts.

The on location filming is always a big plus from me.

I liked most of the actors and the second part had my fave actor so double plus to that.

For a “Dead girl with long black hair trying to kill you “ movie it was ok.

The movie seemed low budget but was still done nicely.

Dislikes

The story since this is a two part film I thought everything would be cleared up at the end but no it wasn’t

It left me with more questions then when I started which really bothered me most J-Horror movies I watch at least give me some kind of ending not this one thought .

Other than that all I can complain about was the shaky camera work and the fact that it wasn’t that scary of a “Horror” movie but I’ve seen worse much much worse at lease this movie made up what flaws it had with a little eye candy (Scenery included).

My Ratings

Story: 3 out of 5.

Like I said before it just didn’t satisfy me and had no real ending to me.

Price: 4 out of 5.

$15.99 on Amazon.com Defiantly at renter Only two reasons I would buy it it is cause Kenichi is in at and this dvd was published by the no longer Geneon / Pioneer and could become a collectors item to.

Overall: 3 out of 5

This isn’t a horrid movie as some say It’s just not very good and it hope they make another part and end the story.

Other Info

Director: Kei Horie Writer: Osamu Fukutani Producer: Issei Shibata

Rated PG-13 for violent content, language.

Genre: | Horror | Thriller

Studio: Geneon [Pioneer]

DVD Release Date: September 13, 2005

Run Time: 143 minutes

Edited by Emotional Outlet