Windows 10 Home edition

professa X

OK. So was doing some digging today, on LTSB CB and CCB, and learned that there are three type of updates UI, UX, and security. LTSB will not download the the UI and UX but still allow security. Idk but if that is tru then this is the version people want. I mean I can't see any reason not to update security patches. So if I figure correctly u guys already are Gucci with this particular branch of win10.

Please verify if I'm correct. And sorry if I'm being redundant

"FAQ: How Microsoft will update Windows 10" on Computerworld

Edited by professa X

i installed windows 10 in secondary PC by using dual boot(Not main PC), i used few day and after that deleted  due performance...window 7  performance better than windows 10 during working..may be my ATI driver doesn't  fully support DX12 but booting time faster for windows 10..So later i try to install on laptop to check performance but failed also laptop have released officially windows 10 drivers .. well windows 10 nothing special for desktop ..they mux some app like calendar,contacts ,alarm feature ..also they removed few desktops app which coming until windows 8 like windows media player...

also they released new features likes  cortana ,Microsoft edge..but i didn't  using  working on PC.. use Firefox instead  edge..cortana never helpfully during working...Overall their nothing special for use windows 10 ...But UI is totally awesome for tablets.. ..also their option to change tablets or desktop..also they added action center which doesn't helpfully to desktop...

well u guys can disable  background running updater service by using msconfig  by hitting window key+R key ..

For Gaming

i didnt play any game since i started watching anime ..Sometimes i didnt get enough time  to watch anime ..

Edited by EonJone

I beg to differ. After I installed w10 I computer had a noticeable performance increase. It could be that typically a new os is supposed to be faster. Also they do try to give it a tighter api especially since this is there own kernel they are using. My boot times and usage performance are much better. Maybe the indexing capabilities have improved. Side note: this is running on a five year old hdd which I probably should replace.

Is there any real reason we should upgrade our main PCs at this point? Is it true that it'll delete pirated games, etc?

Aside from the fact it's still kinda new and possible driver support for certain devices aren't added into it yet, I don't notice any real negatives if you like it and how it operates.

I would expect the possibility of one or more hardware devices not working anymore after the update due to a windows 10 driver not made for it yet. I'm not saying it will happen, but its very possible and not uncommon, especially if using an older hardware device that's not updated anymore. Windows 8 had that same issue after being newly released.

As for the pirated game deleting, I doubt it. It may be kind of smart and able to tell easier and limit or stop its usage (Thats a longshot though), but I doubt it will or can just straight up delete them. I would think they best they could do is make them harder to install or have a detector stop it from running.

• Like 1

Apparently there are now Windows updates for Windows 7 & 8 that replicate and do what Windows 10 does when it comes to privacy.

Some of this sounds like Microsoft is now everyones personal stalker.

"You haven’t upgraded to Windows 10 because you’re worried about privacy and you’re using Windows 7 or 8? Microsoft has released a series of updates for your operating system that essentially replicate Windows 10’s diagnostics tracking. The good news, though, is that in Windows 7 and 8 you can control which updates are installed.

We have reviewed the updates in question and will show you how to get rid of them."

You can read about it here if you care enough.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/microsoft-gathering-data-windows-7-8/

• Like 1

Regurgitating what Ars wrote..? I wouldn't even bother with that website.

Relevant to your question earlier: http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/microsoft-accused-of-adding-spy-features-to-windows-7-8/

It goes over the features/programs that report back to Microsoft in more detail than I could be bothered doing at the time~

It also lists some updates that you might want to uninstall. I did and my system still works. Then again, I'm using an Enterprise SKU, so it might not affect me as much as Pro/Ultimate/whatever users.

That's the thing. The only real option left are the 'make your own' Linux distro's like Gentoo. The rest are too restrictive or make certain things decidedly hard (systemd vs other init systems, libav vs ffmpeg).

The thing that sets Gentoo apart is the same thing that is holding back every Linux distro: software. Until creative software developers like Adobe and game developers embrace the Linux platform, I don't see the average Joe making the switch.

• Like 1

That's the thing. The only real option left are the 'make your own' Linux distro's like Gentoo. The rest are too restrictive or make certain things decidedly hard (systemd vs other init systems, libav vs ffmpeg).

The thing that sets Gentoo apart is the same thing that is holding back every Linux distro: software. Until creative software developers like Adobe and game developers embrace the Linux platform, I don't see the average Joe making the switch.

Yup.

Well, that's what most companies are doing now. :embarrassed:

Software has been in a bad shape these past few years, with things like freemium and whatnot. Google has been doing this with Android for quite some time now, and it should come as no surprise this has crossed over to desktop operating systems. Or rather, Windows.

But the difference is that one is open source and one isn't. And Google's open about its snooping. Anyway...I think we should use this thread to post important changes on win10. Latest updates and what they do