Windows 10 Home edition

professa X

Metered option doesn't work on Ethernet. And that only applies to non Enterprise level SKU Windows 10.

Also I wouldn't want to be part of a P2P network, since fuck that. You be uploading updates for other people as well.

From what I understand, deferring upgrades just mean you won't be installing new features other than the required security updates. Hence why I said it's a better idea to use that hide updates tool if you really want to prevent those updates from installing into your OS.

Woops. Should have been clear. I meant that u would have the ability to opt out of the p2p. I figured u would want to opt out [emoji14] And yea its sucks that Ethernet doesn't have metered. Why only WiFi? It doesn't make sense to me. Edited by professa X

Metered option doesn't work on Ethernet. And that only applies to non Enterprise level SKU Windows 10.

Also I wouldn't want to be part of a P2P network, since fuck that. You be uploading updates for other people as well.

From what I understand, deferring upgrades just mean you won't be installing new features other than the required security updates. Hence why I said it's a better idea to use that hide updates tool if you really want to prevent those updates from installing into your OS.

Woops. Should have been clear. I meant that u would have the ability to opt out of the p2p. I figured u would want to opt out [emoji14] And yea its sucks that Ethernet doesn't have metered. Why only WiFi? It doesn't make sense to me.

Don't know, maybe because Microsoft thinks when you're using Wi-Fi you're mostly not on a local network to share files. I use ethernet to share all my media and whatnot across all my PCs/Laptops/Tablets/Mobiles, as Wi-Fi is too slow for my needs unless you have 802.11AC but I have no money for that. Ethernet is cheaper and easier.

Though the problem is, it doesn't make sense when it comes to devices that does not need an ethernet cable. I.e. tablets, mobile devices, etc. I have all my PCs/Laptop on Ethernet at home though.

U said that that option isn't available for enterprise? I was perusing (lightly) about enterprise and it seems they intended it for big orgs (although some the so called enterprise features should be available for every one) and they probably thought big orgs that need the features of enterprise won't be installed on tablets.

But then again I could be horribly wrong

Though the problem is, it doesn't make sense when it comes to devices that does not need an ethernet cable. I.e. tablets, mobile devices, etc. I have all my PCs/Laptop on Ethernet at home though.

U said that that option isn't available for enterprise? I was perusing (lightly) about enterprise and it seems they intended it for big orgs (although some the so called enterprise features should be available for every one) and they probably thought big orgs that need the features of enterprise won't be installed on tablets.

My bad, what I meant was there is a metered option for the Enterprise SKU, but to defer updates or upgrades there is probably a more elegant way of doing it. Rather than enabling metered connection.

Microsoft probably will be adding in features that allows you to control what kind of updates you want on their Enterprise SKU soon enough.

My bad, what I meant was there is a metered option for the Enterprise SKU, but to defer updates or upgrades there is probably a more elegant way of doing it. Rather than enabling metered connection.

Microsoft probably will be adding in features that allows you to control what kind of updates you want on their Enterprise SKU soon enough.

I don't have enterprise but they had better. Data sensitive companies like def. Con. Companies need that control.

Nice convo doe. I learned a bit more today. MAD PROPS ZP

I just tried again with the Group Policy settings on LTSB. Doesn't work any more. It used to simply check and report back which ones were ready for download, now it's downloading and installing right after checking...

I just tried again with the Group Policy settings on LTSB. Doesn't work any more. It used to simply check and report back which ones were ready for download, now it's downloading and installing right after checking...

Group Policies settings never work properly for me. I don't know why, but some of the features such as QoS do not work at all. I was trying to throttle some programs and applications that love taking up all my upload speeds,  thus making my internet crawl to halt effectively.

Then again, I'm a scrub so meh.... Don't really care though~

You can try gpupdate /force. Some features are only available on Enterprise/LTSB though...

I will give it a shot later, kinda busy today and whatnot.

Hey is Enterprise exclusive to corps? Or can any individual buy it?

It supposed to be volume licensing. But there is always some dude in the shady corner that might sell it to you one of the businesses Volume keys...

I think JohnFlower got his enterprise edition from MSDN, like I did. I have subscription to it.

Edit:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/default.aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Developer_Network

If you are curious...

Edited by ZeroPenguins

Speaking about KMSpico, that shit was installed on my tablet I got recently... Not cool, never again am I going to buy from a Chinese store. I had to use my MSDN key to properly activate it.

Also the whole point of LTSB is basically to give control for companies to manage what they install into their Windows 10 OS. It's supposed to be a barebones Windows 10 with the core functionality of being an OS but with the benefits of Windows 10 backend improvements on performance and security. It doesn't mean that they can't install those features which were stripped out on LTSB. LTSB also has all the features of the Enterprise level SKU, so it's not like it's missing them. Just the bullshit Metro/Modern UI apps store shit that isn't needed.

AFAIK, if a business wants to install Microsoft edge on their Windows 10 LTSB, I don't see why they can't...

• Like 1