Fate/Zero encode video comparison

Hark0n

Based on discussion on deanzel's status update, a decision to make comparison between two possible encodes for dual-audio release was made.

Comparison uses BD remux in place of JP-BD (from Nyaa).

Episode 01:

____________JP-BD___________vs_________mawen1250_________vs___________UTW_____________

ypbsp1z.jpg kft98hf.jpg euGwNcw.jpg
gIv6lPZ.jpg htayjXt.jpg 26i8BDh.jpg
wnbijhG.jpg lBpgoJ6.jpg WWGYqhf.jpg
TsPoecX.jpg AuV7wVg.jpg Y676Zyy.jpg
wBaSW7l.jpg Mhp9MqR.jpg OBgdbvg.jpg
m4umQtr.jpg YsGCDU2.jpg UTcZxVe.jpg
nvUfTJF.jpg PZE3Ktr.jpg FrH7DmG.jpg
yosQiE5.jpg Dn5Bfi9.jpg X7DJ94f.jpg
PGJ7a5v.jpg RczJ9II.jpg MTDQd9d.jpg
9ettjjU.jpg AcQfDXi.jpg krxOGWh.jpg
KRQ1WD4.jpg fUQlsci.jpg ZlynIlV.jpg
1VDU6RA.jpg YqNueTO.jpg sfCUyIl.jpg

Screenshot gallery link: http://someimage.com/GMZx (note that the picture order in gallery is different - UTW, BD, mawen1250)

Episode 02:
It turns out there is a image limitation for posts. Comparison for episode 02 posted in separate post.

All screenshots taken with AvsPmod 2.5.1 using ffms2_FFVideoSource.

Edited by Hark0n
  • Like 1

Buuuuuuut... I wanted to set the record for the most comments in a Status Update (interested in actually figuring out what that is). And thanks for the comparisons. I'm trying to download the mawen version myself so we'll see how that goes...

I did add a reply in the status update, but I don't believe it is possible to make reasonable comparison there (is it even possible to post pictures?).

I am currently seeding mawen1250's release (from Nyaa), but speed is not too great.

• Like 1

Can u guys tell any difference. I certainly cant....

The source (JP-BD) has noticeable aliasing which is fixed in both encodes. Check the screenshots with fire, noise difference in those is fairly visible.

I will add more screenshots when I finish downloading EP 02, I hope it will have more noticeable differences in action scenes (I will probably only include those from end of episode).

• Like 1

Episode 02:
(Remux at Nyaa was downloading too slow, so I am using different JP-BD remux for EP 02)

____________JP-BD___________vs_________mawen1250_________vs___________UTW_____________

BrpxPe4.jpg 0iD68Mw.jpg B8RTvIx.jpg
MvzuCmH.jpg 4sHwJWT.jpg 93ZtotW.jpg
wXmJGmX.jpg MfVe8cj.jpg EPJuXcr.jpg
xmQYlZk.jpg CtWePlz.jpg d6MewUJ.jpg
kH5jLmb.jpg E5nA5pb.jpg OAlNkHF.jpg
1JnNo0I.jpg KitrF3v.jpg Hgi6cvh.jpg
37EXFzf.jpg RTWpfDX.jpg MgjyNVy.jpg
2DaTz7n.jpg M4N4zUj.jpg 2KByT8P.jpg
GAaIMjw.jpg P93oyTF.jpg xzYJE7H.jpg

Screenshot gallery link: http://someimage.com/BWyZ (note that the picture order in gallery is different - UTW, mawen1250, BD)

All screenshots taken with AvsPmod 2.5.1 using ffms2_FFVideoSource.

Edited by Hark0n
  • Like 1

Yeah... so this won't be downloaded in like forever. Only getting connected to like 1 seed/peer on the Nyaa torrent (I'm assuming that this is you Hark0n, Lativa?) and going at 150 Kb/s max. The AnimeBytes torrent (which I thought would be better) is even slower at like 10 Kb/s...

bvnCe2K.gif

Edited by deanzel

Yeah... so this won't be downloaded in like forever. Only getting connected to like 1 seed/peer on the Nyaa torrent (I'm assuming that this is you Hark0n, Lativa?) and going at 150 Kb/s max. The AnimeBytes torrent is even worse at like 10 Kb/s...

I could free up some place in seedbox and try to seed from there, but it will still take some time to do.

Alternatively I could use other means to send the file to You (MEGA, FTP).

• Like 1

Yeah... so this won't be downloaded in like forever. Only getting connected to like 1 seed/peer on the Nyaa torrent (I'm assuming that this is you Hark0n, Lativa?) and going at 150 Kb/s max. The AnimeBytes torrent is even worse at like 10 Kb/s...

I could free up some place in seedbox and try to seed from there, but it will still take some time to do.

Alternatively I could use other means to send the file to You (MEGA, FTP).

Yeah, that would definitely be better if it isn't too inconvenient for you. That or direct/private seeding (something like that). I'll see if it picks up at all but it was pretty bad last night (was today) and of course my client crashed when I was having it run on my older computer. Now, it's running on my newer main laptop.

EDIT: I should be able to grab the first two episodes. I'm at like 50% for both of them but speeds are getting worse :(

Edited by deanzel

OK! First will try with seedbox, if that fails, that I will look into other alternatives.

Currently uploading. Improved torrent seeding can be expected in about 12 hours from now (probably).

I'll still be here as it is down to 40KB/s. Thanks! :)

Edited by deanzel

Ok cool. That helps just as much.

If you guys are using a client like Vuze which can block/limit certain leechers, I am the one in 'MURRICA with Cox (68.99.something I believe). I am not one of the 10 leechers from China who are not sharing...

EDIT: God damn the Chinese fuckers getting 1+ MB/s down while I'm getting 70-80KB/s :(

EDIT 2: Thank you based French seeder (JF or H0) seeding me at about 2MB/s. 

Edited by deanzel