Last Animated Movie You Watched?

Kid Ryan

On 6/24/2016 at 10:30 PM, LucifericImp said:

Batman: The Dark Knight Return pts. 1&2

Justice League: War

Justice League: The Flash Point Paradox

DC's animated movies are awesome

Indeed they are. Flashpoint, Batman vs. Robin and Under the Red Hood were my favorites out of the 15 or so I've seen

On 7/25/2016 at 11:35 AM, testing123 said:

How was it for someone who isn't really familiar with the story?

That depends. I never read the comic, but know what it's about and why many people like it. The animated movie... to a lot of people, was a disappointment. The stuff that adapted the original comic were awesome. But because the source material wasn't enough to fill out an hour long movie (it took up 45 minutes, actually), it had to be extended somehow.

So the first 30 minutes of this are about Batgirl. And they butcher why people like her to the moment where we see the infamous tragedy occurs, you don't feel the impact like you're supposed to. I'll just say it out outright, in the first 30 minutes, Barbara Gordon has sex with Batman. Plus what they did with her character makes a lot of people really dislike this movie. 

Whether or not you read the original Killing Joke comic, you can pick this up and I recommend skipping the first half hour. The rest is worth watching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Predaking-117 said:

That depends. I never read the comic, but know what it's about and why many people like it. The animated movie... to a lot of people, was a disappointment. The stuff that adapted the original comic were awesome. But because the source material wasn't enough to fill out an hour long movie (it took up 45 minutes, actually), it had to be extended somehow.

So the first 30 minutes of this are about Batgirl. And they butcher why people like her to the moment where we see the infamous tragedy occurs, you don't feel the impact like you're supposed to. I'll just say it out outright, in the first 30 minutes, Barbara Gordon has sex with Batman. Plus what they did with her character makes a lot of people really dislike this movie. 

Whether or not you read the original Killing Joke comic, you can pick this up and I recommend skipping the first half hour. The rest is worth watching.

I haven't read the original Killing Joke comic. I only know what it is about, somewhat. Tonight I'll watch it and let you know how I feel about it. I most likely won't skip the first 30 minutes. I'm pretty immune to filler.

On 7/28/2016 at 9:49 AM, Predaking-117 said:

I saw this movie earlier today and I've read the comic and I have to agree. To me the first 30 minutes feel like a unconnected story that was forced on the original content to make the movie longer, even if you plan to watch the movie as a whole I recommend that you skip the first 30 minutes the first time you watch it. The way the first 30 minutes ends it really does take away from the impact of the infamous tragedy but I can't really say why without spoiling it. The last 45 minutes is pretty much identical to the comic so you can get the full experience without having to read it.

5 hours ago, millsbuddy said:

Finding Dory for me. It was very... different from the original, though it was still very enjoyable to watch.

It was a great movie, just had some issues with the ending. Surprisingly not a lot of people on here had my concerns about the ending like I did.

Zootopia                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             CfT6AIcUIAAf-jU.jpg

• 2 weeks later...