Anime and Manga based Novel suggestions

McLEMUR

Hi I'm looking to expand into the world of Light Novels that are based on anime and manga.

I have taken the first steps by completing Novel 'Spice & Wolf' + side stories, to the total of 17 books, and now I'm stumped. I liked S&W and rate it highly, so now I'm looking toward SAO, but the only thing that is stopping me is that SAO is still Work In Progress. It's also behind with fan translations and official release of main story arc. 

I have several questions:

- Dose SAO novel has a lot of cliffhangers at the end of the volumes? (will I go insane with anticipation between the volumes?)

- What other Novels bases on anime or manga are out there, and worth reading? (preferably fully translated, or have a solid point where you can stop reading until next volume)

- I tried to look up some novels but unfortunately MAL dose not poses accurate information about them. I mean about release dates, scanlations, and translation groups and progress of the groups. Is there a website where i can look up that info? (like in Anime -> AniDB, Manga -> Baka-Updates, or Visual Novels -> VNDB)

Edited by McLEMUR

Baka-Tsuki is a decent place for light novels. Not too sure other than that.

I hear good things about monogatari novel series, never read it myself. I have read the toradora lightnovel, pretty good but it's not like I go back to read it again. Well, sorry. I'm not too much help, ahah. Good luck with your adventures!

Yeah thanks!

Baka-Tsuki dose have some novels, but its far from complete list of translated ones. (cause it didn't list S&W) But its still a good place to start.