Yo wassup with dat?

professa X

yo we need to livin this board up/

So tryin to figure out what so enticing about bleach. it so slow paced. the only thing i want to see is non stop zangesu ichigo or maybe ichimaru. just wanna see some serious twisted sinister plot. i am on the first filler arc by the way!

Edited by professa

IMO
I find the manga had better pacing. Because there's not a lot of dialogue there is a lot of emphasis on the fight scenes and chapters feel rather short, but if you read the manga in bulk it's rather enjoyable.

The anime has pacing problems because you can't watch it faster just because there's no dialogue. It will play at the same speed no matter what. So it's slow~, + filler arcs are a drag. (Well, I've seen worse fillers).

There's just not much going on in the world of chinese cartoons to discuss at the moment. :(

Nintendon't is right, we'll have a better time discusiing why we don't give a shit about anime these days

I personally don't discuss anime because noone else wants to. The only threads that are alive are the sort of 'notification threads', like "I just finished this anime, 7/10".

Any threads about a said anime will get some wishy-washy response like. "lol it was good." And then you won't see that person again. That's why I spend most of my time in the gfx section now.

(Even this thread didn't get much reasonable responses...)

I feel bad about not posting in the anime section, but I rarely watch it anymore or when I do it's older series that I doubt anyone else would care about so I don't try talking about it. (I just haven't found a new one that interest me)

Also I'm freakin' awful at talking about anything in general, so I hang out in the gfx section most of the time too.

Oh, and to reply to this thread topic, I've only seen maybe 10 random episodes when I would be waiting on something to come on adult swim, so never really "watched" Bleach :o

I haven't because even the current ongoing anime I watch, they aren't exactly the main stream series for this season, and I doubt there are many people that I could talk about them with.

For example, majin bone, sailor moon crystal, dramatical murder, fairy tail 2014 might be considered mainstream, yu-gi-oh! Arc-v, dragon collection, pokemon xy, tenkai knights, jojo's bizarre adventure star dust crusaders, ect.

Besides a few others, I am watching also anime that finished a while ago, like hetalia world series, astro boy 1980's, marvelous melmo, babel ii 1970's, kurenai sanshiro, hurricane polymar, rewatching sonic x, ect.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

I couldn't get past episode 15 of bleach, I saw some random fights and one big fight that cme much later when my mom was watching it, but it still bored me.

There is a reason it isn't in shounen jumps big 3 anymore in japan.

I heared a while ago that even the manga sales dropped for it.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

Well the reason for it not being a big part of the 3 is mainly because the Anime stopped going on. Or it's just that bad.

But yeah, I watched it for a bit, skipped so many episodes because of bount and then I was so confused becaues random fights were happening.

I haven't because even the current ongoing anime I watch, they aren't exactly the main stream series for this season, and I doubt there are many people that I could talk about them with.

For example, majin bone, sailor moon crystal, dramatical murder, fairy tail 2014 might be considered mainstream, yu-gi-oh! Arc-v, dragon collection, pokemon xy, tenkai knights, jojo's bizarre adventure star dust crusaders, ect.

Besides a few others, I am watching also anime that finished a while ago, like hetalia world series, astro boy 1980's, marvelous melmo, babel ii 1970's, kurenai sanshiro, hurricane polymar, rewatching sonic x, ect.

I know a lot of Kametsu users are watching Sailor Moon Crystal (myself included). Would be cool to discuss this with others here. I've mainly only talked about it on Facebook when someone brings it up. The animation has been really poor quality though; episode 2 they even failed to color within the lines and had the blue from Moon's shirt colored into her hair in some scenes etc... and that CG sequences are pretty bad.

Well, then the only choice they have is to end the series. It was a good run

So since Bleach is not part of the big 3 anymore, does this mean that Fairy Tail has taken Bleach's place.

I'm not sure about everyone, but I'd rather discuss about gaming than anime

Edited by LimitLess
  • Like 1

Honestly, I feel the big three will be Naruto/Bleach/Onepiece. And when someone takes their place, it will be the 'new' big three- having a distinction between the original and new.

I actually feel that is a pretty interesting topic myself, ahah. I'll make a thread: Clicky linky

Bleach hasn't been in the big three for years. It currently ranks #15 on the Japanese Manga sales.

Naruto sells more than 2x Bleach, and One Piece sells like 9x Bleach.

One Piece btw has been the #1 Manga sold since pretty much it's creation.

It's huge over in Japan. It just never got as much attention in the West compared to Bleach/Naruto due to 4kids crap.

Well, then the only choice they have is to end the series. It was a good run

So since Bleach is not part of the big 3 anymore, does this mean that Fairy Tail has taken Bleach's place.

I'm not sure about everyone, but I'd rather discuss about gaming than anime

The big three is only for shounen jump series, fairy tail is kodansha.

As I was saying before, since a while ago, Toriko surpassed Bleach in views and manga sales a while ago, and are still doing pretty good, though it is not that well known outside of japan.

Bleach is doing a little better in sales recently, but not that good, just better then it has been doing for a long while.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

I'm not that big off a fan of Toriko, ahah. I mean, it's kind of funny and kind of absurd, but I found it feels a bit recycled after a while. :x Not that it's bad, but I can't watch so much of it. :x

Bleach is doing a little better in sales recently, but not that good, just better then it has been doing for a long while.

I think that's because they finally got back into the fighting arc. As I said, it does feel slow on a chapter to chapter basis, haha. :3

Hopefully it keeps it up, I would feel bad if it would drop any lower. :S It was one of my first anime, so would like to see it finish in a more popular ranking.