Domain Renewal

Koby

I got an email saying the domain (kametsu.com) will be expiring soon (in August), and well the registrar I use has sent emails saying that ICAAN or something is raising prices of .com renewals up by 7% and .net renewals up by 10% starting in July. So I went ahead and renewed the kametsu.com domain early. It's been renewed for another 2 years. So we don't have to worry about the domain name until August 2012. xD Just thought I should give the heads up, as this is at least proof we have no intentions of disappearing anytime soon like so many other sites do. I have owned the kametsu.com domain since 2005, so when it's up for renewal again, we would have existed for 7 whole years. Longer than most Anime related communities last.

Eh I was thinking you needed a donation to help renew it too. I'll try and donate 5$ anyway next week when I get paid...

@Kobe do you have any google ads or anything adverting this site? How much do they cost anyway?

Google blocked us from the program years ago and refused to state a reason or clarify other then to say "we were getting too many clicks" in other words according to that, if someone hates you or your site such as a rival site, they can go and click the ad a whole bunch and Google will ban them from their program. Kind of gay if you ask me.

We were using Yahoo ad's but at the end of April they ended their ad program. Since then, I've looked into Clicksor but they denied the site for approval. So I ended up implementing a global LinkBucks script, which all outgoing links end up displaying an ad or page for link bucks and they pay us. Not a whole lot, but this is the first month we have tried it and it's averaging about $1 a day, or $30 a month.

Google blocked us from the program years ago and refused to state a reason or clarify other then to say "we were getting too many clicks" in other words according to that, if someone hates you or your site such as a rival site, they can go and click the ad a whole bunch and Google will ban them from their program. Kind of gay if you ask me.

We were using Yahoo ad's but at the end of April they ended their ad program. Since then, I've looked into Clicksor but they denied the site for approval. So I ended up implementing a global LinkBucks script, which all outgoing links end up displaying an ad or page for link bucks and they pay us. Not a whole lot, but this is the first month we have tried it and it's averaging about $1 a day, or $30 a month.

I meant where we advertised our site on other sites but thinks for the explanation of the reason we didn't have them here.

I meant where we advertised our site on other sites but thinks for the explanation of the reason we didn't have them here.

I haven't done any actual advertising in like 6 months. I was going around Yahoo Answers answering questions about where to find this dub or that dub a while back by sending people to the forum or site. Then after that a lot more people started coming cause we started getting links for certain keywords and getting ranked fairly well in search engines. If you try Google for example, most terms with English Dub either one of our sites or the forum pulls up on the first page and sometimes even the first result. As of now, the last time I checked statistics about 55% of the viewers each day come from search engines.

Only about 32% are from the USA now, when even just 8 months ago over 70% of the visitors were from the USA. So that goes to show we have been gaining a lot of viewers from other places in the world lately, and word of mouth helps a lot. I see a lot of intros stating "Hey my friend told me about this place"... etc.

It would be awesome if we could have several people to start advertising us around at other forums and answering questions on sites such as Yahoo Answers and other similar places. We could always use even more active visitors.