How do you guys store and backup your files?

Data disks aren't very reliable

At least idk how to take care of them

I keep my data disks stored in sleeves and multiple dvd/cd wallets and I store them in cool dark places.They last awhile if you are not storing them in a spnindle where they can get scratched up. They way I look at is if an external hard drive fails then I am out of a shit load of anime and movies and it can take hundred of hours to download those episodes and movies,   But if a data dvd is destroyed then I am only out anywhere from 12 to 26 episodes or 5-6 movies depending on quality. I can easily get back that many episodes or movies.Plus if a friend or family member wants to watch something I can hand them the dvd insteaf of a whole harddrive.

On the other side of that, you're spending a long time burning all that data to the discs. Especially if it is TBs of data. Add in to that that the data is unupdateable unless you get DVD-RWs which significantly increases the amount you'd have to spend for your backup plan.

This isn't to say that the thought hasn't crossed my mind though. When my anime collection was only about 80GB I used the disc plan with my HDD plan. Now that it's nearing 3TB+, it's near unfeasible for me to have anything besides the HDD because of the cost associated with it. Cloud based storage would be ridiculous because my upload speed is only about 80kb/s and DVD-R couldn't work because I'm constantly updating TV rips to BD rips to Dual Audio BD Rips.

I didn't burn my collection all at ounce.So when I do burn  I only spens around 12 minutes at a time  burning a dvd depending on the writing speed I am using. Since burnable dvds are cheap it is easy just to toss out old versions and burn what I want to update.