Next Xbox Functionality, Pricing Reportedly Outed

Morisato-Kun

Thurrott notes that the rumored “always online” functionality of the next Xbox is correct. He notes that “the next Xbox must be Internet-connected to use. This is the source of the ‘always on’/’always online’ rumors and isn’t as Draconian as many seem to believe.”

Now Im definitely not buying a fucking Xbox.

Like in my situation now. We can barely pay our bills as it and the internet might be cut off. Great. I'll just play my video----

Oh that's right. My fucking console requires internet to work!!!

For now, all of Thurrott’s information should be regarded as rumor, and we’ve reached out to Microsoft for comment on all of the above.

You do realize that this is all just speculation. It still hasn't been confirmed one way or another. Still, always online would turn off a lot of people, and most would just stick to the XBOX 360's or mod the new ones so they can be offline. I doubt that Microsoft will alienate a lot of their userbase. At worst, I assume that they will make it like Steam, where you can't update anything or play online unless you have internet, plus games bought must be verified online before becoming playable.

Before I start jumping to radical conclusions I think I will wait for the new Xbox to get announced in May and see what is said about it then. If this rumor turns out to be 100% true then I may not buy a xbox, it also depends on the price. I don't feel like buying a gaming console that will not work when my internet is down or if I am getting bad internet connection for some reason which may affect the console.

May 21st is the day I decide hopefully.