PC Overheating

Koby

Ā 

I'm thinking of getting a 'Solid State Drive' would this help stop annoying shutdown or drive failure

I don't think you should get an SSD.

I tried one out for the first time on this PC. At first it was freaking amazing. The speed was awesome. My PC would fully boot up in less than 6 seconds.

Now, it takes nearly 30 seconds to boot up; and the lack of space means installing a lot of my stuff to do things on other drives.

Maybe prices have came down and sizes gone up, but when I got mine it was 128GB SSD for the same cost of a 1.5 TB drive.

SSDs seem awesome at first but it just seems like they wear down way too quickly. They also apparently have a lot smaller limited number of writes before they just crap out.

Ā 

In my next build I'm not going to use an SSD.

Ā 

-----

Ā 

Are you trying to say you think my problem might have been hdd related?

Ā 

I do not know Koby if u have the same issue as mine. HP tech support told me it should replace with a new HHD or SSD with a fresh OS and drive I really don't know if that would help i will have to see when HP send me my free replacement that i'm still inĀ warranty

My OS is on a SSD.

ok? As I have pointed out, there are other factors that slow your boot time. Besides that, though, you should be formatting that sucker at least once every 6 months. It comes with the territory of having a high performance machine.

But that isn't likely to be your problem. Unless you start having BSOD's with an SSD, things are normally pretty smooth (assuming you maintain them like you're supposed to).

Have you checked the fan connections yet?

I just got my replacement drive in the mail that come with crappy 6 part disc to install W7 OS and driver. I thought HP would give me W8 since that the latest OS and driver but guest it not included in my warranty of my last purchase. Anyway I manage to install a fresh W7 and driver on my new replacement drive it finally stop shutting itself off over night even when encoding it never shut itself off. So i would guest the shutdown issue maybe cause by drive failure

I'm not sure in Koby case but u might try scanning your computer for hardware if it would perform a pass or fail.

Ā 

I also going to replace a new drive on my oldĀ customĀ Dell amd 6 core pc that i haven't use in 2 year that give me the same issue as before. Hopefully it would fix blue error screen and shutdown issue I really don't want to buy a new computer every time it give me problem

Edited by TokyoSama

Ā 

My OS is on a SSD.

As I have pointed out, there are other factors that slow your boot time.

Oddly enough, I was suffering from a slow boot-time on both my Dell laptop and custom-built desktopĀ (both had the same symptom of the welcome screen and desktop background, sans icons and taskbar hanging on me upon startup) until I applied a safe registry fix to disable unnecessary services in Windows, along with disabling a few other unnecessary services on startup.

It could be possible that you are running some unnecessary services/processes in the background, causing your operating system to boot slowly.