96 members have voted

1. 1. Physical or Digital Media??

• Physical (DVD, Bluray)
    • Digital (DDL)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Digital (DDL) for a few reasons.

1. This ain't the 90's. A categorized disc folder, book, and/or album is not how I want to travel with my media.

2. I don't play any video games. (1 of 3 reason for any disc)

3. In case  of a fire most disc are toast. Even a primary storage will be harmed. But having all DDL backed up on a  8Tb drive in a safe local can really be a life saver.

4. All media at a click and not having to insert/eject discs. Saving time.

5. When you have you Anime/Manga on display people want to touch, examine, borrow (hell to the naw), and ask questions (unrelated to the show).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When it comes to music I like physical. I like to have the disc itself and the actual booklet. I do rip all my music to disc though so that I can play whatever I want from my pc at the click of a button and transfer whatever I feel like listening to over to my phone. When it comes to movies it depends on the title. For most movies digital is fine but my absolute favorite movies I like to have the Blu-Ray of. All of my anime is digital because I live in the U.S. and anime is not nearly as readily available here as it is in other parts of the world.

Depends on the type of media. Digital's way more convenient but it's also fickle. I've had mad digital shit get corrupted and theres always the bullshit with licensing agreements not getting renewed and shit becoming unavailable. Physical's annoying but it's durable. For tv I can go either way, but for reading and gaming I prefer physical (honestly not sure why I prefer physical for reading, keeping books in good shape can also get annoying, but for whatever reason I prefer physical).

• 2 months later...