Doctor Who

Lantern89

I've found that since Steven Moffat has become the head writer and show-runner, that I enjoy Doctor Who less and less. I LOVED season five, then after that, meh. I don't get excited to see the next episode, and I feel like I don't care anymore. And that is depressing, because I was so into the show a year or two ago.

I'm interested to see how Peter Capaldi will do. I honestly know nothing about the actor, so I can't even make a guess.

Did anyone else really just not like the end of Smith's Doctor? I was really annoyed. And the introduction of Capaldi really pissed me off also. I hope they actually develop on him more as the brief shot of him in the Day of the Doctor was of him being quite badass.

I did.

He went out like a boss.

Did anyone else really just not like the end of Smith's Doctor? I was really annoyed. And the introduction of Capaldi really pissed me off also. I hope they actually develop on him more as the brief shot of him in the Day of the Doctor was of him being quite badass.

Ugh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Capaldi still has the potential to be one of the best Doctors but his intro was just /weak/. I wasn't impressed with the episode as a whole though, since there was no reason for Amy to be there imo. Whatever emotional impact they aimed for seemed forced and diluted because of the way it was written and all those fucking commercial breaks for Atlantis or whatever their big new thing is.

Ugh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Capaldi still has the potential to be one of the best Doctors but his intro was just /weak/. I wasn't impressed with the episode as a whole though, since there was no reason for Amy to be there imo. Whatever emotional impact they aimed for seemed forced and diluted because of the way it was written and all those fucking commercial breaks for Atlantis or whatever their big new thing is.

I thought Amy was there to sort of 'complete the circle' or whatever?

Or maybe they just wanted two people with wigs to feel each others hair.

I think it did.

The Doctor's final regeneration, of this cycle, and the start of an adventure to restore his homeworld and end the last great Time War.

His burden of being the great Satan of his people removed, and now known to be their Savoir.

I also think, though I have a feeling I'm giving Mottof too much credit, the line 'how to you fly this thing' might mean The Doctor lost some of his memories and must now search to get back to himself.

Edited by Tanis

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also interested in seeing how Capaldi plays out. His prior roles are very unDoctor like. He's also not a very viable love interest (a little too old for Clara in my opinion). I think he's going to definitely tone down the flamboyant aspect of the doctor, but with a fresh new batch of regenerations, they have the ability to play around.

I'm also interested in seeing how Capaldi plays out. His prior roles are very unDoctor like. He's also not a very viable love interest (a little too old for Clara in my opinion). I think he's going to definitely tone down the flamboyant aspect of the doctor, but with a fresh new batch of regenerations, they have the ability to play around.

I think this is a good thing.

I've gotten more than a little annoyed with the whole 'The Doctor falls for a human' tripe that Moffat keeps pushing.

Let's have less romance, and more ADVENTURE!

• 1 month later...

My favourite was David Tennant because his departure actually brought me to tears when he said "i dont want to go" as for for matt smith hmm two minds about him he was ok in some parts but other times he annoyed me so Capaldi hopefully will be a bit like Tennant but i wish they would hurry up and show the new shows i cant wait any longer XD

On the horror channel they are showing classic Doctor who episodes. It is on as i write this. Concerning Capaldi i have not seen much of him but i think he will make a good doctor but will be different to tenant and smith bringing an eccentric older wiseguy charisma to the role kind of like the very first Doctor William Hartnell.

• 1 month later...