SOTW #139: Guns [Closed!]

Alice

Nagisa - Good sig, bad render. There is a small amount of white around the border, it is easiest to see it on the black edges and is especially noticeable due to the pop-out sig.

I have the dark skin and no matter how much I look at my entry I can't see what you supposedly see.  I see no white along the border anywhere.

My votes:

firedogx10

dn_angel000

malfahad

I just checked with a printscreen, it seems like its just part of the gun and my colorblindness is making it stand out. Still, if you zoom in on the gun tip then it is pretty clear that there is a light grey around the edges.

Nagisa - Good sig, bad render. There is a small amount of white around the border, it is easiest to see it on the black edges and is especially noticeable due to the pop-out sig.

I have the dark skin and no matter how much I look at my entry I can't see what you supposedly see.  I see no white along the border anywhere.

My votes:

firedogx10

dn_angel000

malfahad

I just checked with a printscreen, it seems like its just part of the gun and my colorblindness is making it stand out. Still, if you zoom in on the gun tip then it is pretty clear that there is a light grey around the edges.

I still don't see it.  I zoomed in a lot and everything looks like part of the gun.  I took a really long time rendering.  Hmm...I can see it in the render but only the original and that is only because its like 6200 by 3300 something...You must have spider vision to see it in my sig.  LOL

Edited by Nagisa

I still don't see it.  I zoomed in a lot and everything looks like part of the gun.  I took a really long time rendering.  Hmm...I can see it in the render but only the original and that is only because its like 6200 by 3300 something...You must have spider vision to see it in my sig.  LOL

Its probably my colorblindness. Some colors really stand out from others, and all the rest blend together. Guess since they aren't the same color then it stands out to me. Anyways, so sorry for my eyesight ruining your sig for me

Its probably my colorblindness. Some colors really stand out from others, and all the rest blend together. Guess since they aren't the same color then it stands out to me. Anyways, so sorry for my eyesight ruining your sig for me

I'm sorry to,  I thought I had it all...after spending so much time rendering.  Oh well.

malfahad: maybe adding a border and centering the render  would make it  look better.

Nagisa:for the render in the back you should of used a different render of yoko and the text is kind of plain a more elegant text would of been better.

dn_angel000:the reason you got third for me is because of the gun that pops-out it has a light source on it and that kills it. having that render not pop-out would be much better for your signature.

everyone did a great job for this week.

Edited by firedogx10

Moodkiller, your entry was not allowed because you far exceeded the size limitation which are clearly stated in first post.

• Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.

Yours is 800 x 508.  I'm sorry but is way too big and the rules are clear.  Please follow the rules next SOTW so that I can be able to allow your entry.

Hey Nagisa, I do understand that, and applied that to my entry in my post.... I just added a url reference to it (which goes to the larger version of it through dropbox) so that you could see more detail in it if you wanted. I havent seen it stated in the rules that this wasnt allowed and I thought that people would like to maybe see it in more detail... 

*EDIT - I will remove the link so that its just the picture and wont ref link it again the future...

Vash.the.Stampede.220%203.180854.png

(click for a larger image)

Theme: Magic

Edited by Moodkiller

Sorry about that, but we have to use the pics' link to link them on the voting post. I won't be adding it even thou you fixed it because it is at a disadvantage since votes have already been cast and voting ends tomorrow.

That did occur to me... The other option is to right click on the original image and copy image url. I hate sound selfish, but would a re-vote be an option?

I sadly dont enter often enough to take advantage of SOTW as I dont have the skills,  but like you did you on yours, I worked really hard on this entry 

That did occur to me... The other option is to right click on the original image and copy image url. I hate sound selfish, but would a re-vote be an option?

I sadly dont enter often enough to take advantage of SOTW as I dont have the skills,  but like you did you on yours, I worked really hard on this entry 

Your hard work really shows because it really is quite good.  Hm, normally this isn't something we do, but seeing as I'm the only running at the moment due to Apollo being busy.  I'll allow it this one time.  Just please avoid this in the future. 

I will allow those whom have already cast there votes to change them to add yours if they so wish.

• Like 1

Your hard work really shows because it really is quite good.  Hm, normally this isn't something we do, but seeing as I'm the only running at the moment due to Apollo being busy.  I'll allow it this one time.  Just please avoid this in the future. 

I will allow those whom have already cast there votes to change them to add yours if they so wish.

THANK YOU SO MUCH NAGISA :D. I really appreciate it and I promise I will not do this again in the future (as an extra precaution you may want to add the rule 'No external linking allowed') but I can see how this would be common knowledge to people.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused to the other signature entrants as well as the voters. But this will not happen again. Thank you once again Nagisa :), and thank you for the compliment. 

• Like 1

THANK YOU SO MUCH NAGISA :D. I really appreciate it and I promise I will not do this again in the future (as an extra precaution you may want to add the rule 'No external linking allowed') but I can see how this would be common knowledge to people.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused to the other signature entrants as well as the voters. But this will not happen again. Thank you once again Nagisa :), and thank you for the compliment. 

You are very welcome.  Yeah, I've never seen anyone do it before.  I think because it is common knowledge for the most part so it was never added as a rule.  I only just recently became a GFX Mod. 

Your work is really good.  You should enter more often.  I like people you try really hard at there work because it shows.  It was really hard to choose my top three because of so many to entries.

You are very welcome.  Yeah, I've never seen anyone do it before.  I think because it is common knowledge for the most part so it was never added as a rule.  I only just recently became a GFX Mod. 

Your work is really good.  You should enter more often.  I like people you try really hard at there work because it shows.  It was really hard to choose my top three because of so many to entries.

That fair enough... lol its only me then xD

And thank you, I really appreciate the compliment :), I will take your advice and try and enter as often as I can. Glad I made it into your top three.

My votes:

Nagisa - The pop out is really well done! Looking at yours now, I know what I would have changed on mine... The only thing that didn't grab was the text, but the rest it awesome

firedogx10 -  good alround sig, nice big size and the text works really well, a border inside the with in the sig would have made it for me

dn_angel000 - Just missing a word or two, the rest is great.

Why is there a size limit on sigs in these contests anyway? I don't see the big deal as long as long as someone isn't making their sig the size of an entire page.

Its exactly that. Plus there are signature size limitations for the forums, so it is good that the SOTW competitions work within those limitations. Also I have edited my previous post to add Moodkiller into the proper rankings.

• Like 2

Why is there a size limit on sigs in these contests anyway? I don't see the big deal as long as long as someone isn't making their sig the size of an entire page.

That is the way the rules are.  You aren't allowed to have your sigs bigger than 600x220 mainly because having them to big slows down the web page for those with slower connection speeds.  Koby has had theses rules long time and they are part of the normal forum rules.

Edited by Nagisa