horror anime

wardog

When They Cry, Elfen Lied, RIN Daughters of Mnemosyne, Hellsing, When the Seagulls Cry (Umineko no Naku Koro ni), Biohazard 4D Executer, Resident Evil 4: Incubate, and Resident Evil: Degeneration all are pretty good Anime that can be classified as horror. But I've never found any live-action or animated show that has ever been scary though. =P

When They cry first season is really good for horror. TBH I don't really see horror in anime, I more just look at and think 'yet another anime with a @#$%ed up storyline'.

Yeah but you do not have a clue what the hell happened in When They Cry season 1 without watching season 2. As everything you think happened in the wrap up of season 1 gets twisted around still. You have to see season 2 to understand anything, but unfortunately only season 1 was ever dubbed, and there is no word if season 2 will get dubbed.

i will have to take a look at when they cry ,thats one i havent seen advertised here in england brilliant ,thanks .straight jacket i thought was pretty good i boght that in english dub a ople of months back could do with more episodes though ,kurozuka is looking good i havent seen them all yet though

I suppose Hellsing: Ultimate, though it doesn't strike me as creepy so much as gory, which I don't mind.

Besides that, though, the closest I can come up with isn't even close: Hide & Seek. The premise was several children wearing masks for some reason (yay my expert description) while evading monsters in an enclosed, abandoned town. If memory serves, it was a short movie. I didn't find it all that creepy, but there was an interesting concept that could be turned into a really creepy story.

I would have to say that When They Cry is my favorite right now, I have only seen season 1 so I'm still holding out on completely deciding. I do also like Hellsing and Hellsing: Ultimate. I also very much enjoyed Devil Lady, tho I'm not to sure if that one counts as a horror. :)