Looking for a tear-jerker anime!

Breathless

Any of Key's animes will get your emotions flowing (These include Clannad, Kanono 2006, Air TV, Angel Beats, etc). I'm PRETTY sure those have been recommended at this point though, so what other ones were good...?

Elfen Lied, if you can get past the violence, extreme gore, etc. and actually pay attention to the story line.

Shuffle.... I haven't seen it in a while. I'm pretty sure it's not tear-jerker worthy but it's still sad and emotional at times - Just learn to ignore the severely spiked personalities of some of the female characters.

... I'm horrible at suggestions =v =||l

• 2 months later...

I think Shuffle could be considered a tear jerker for sure. Usagi Drop is up there, plus nearly anything Key makes. I remember Madoka Magica bringing a tear or two to my eye as well. Ai Yori Aoshi brought the water works a bit, but that may be because I can be a real sucker for romances on occasion. I remember the most recent to make me (and my current ex) was Angel Beats. Incredibly done and it wasn't really a one off like some other are, it can be a cry fest at times while watching it.

EDIT; I just finished PuPiPo! and it brought a tear to my eye as well. Surprising considering it's just shorts.

Edited by JimDaddy

• 1 month later...

I recommend Elfen Lied as well.

As well, perhaps:

Code Geass (ending is pretty sad)

Blassreiter (has some sad sacrificial moments)

Gungrave (some sad bromance moments)

Phantom: Requiem of the phantom (again, some sad moments here and there)

Wolf's Rain (the last 4 episodes are crazy)

As well, I've heard White Album 2 is kinda sad (Haven't watch myself, but you could try it)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_of_the_Fireflies

what people have been posting is sad but grave of the fireflies takes the cake.  Its a movie you will watch one time and never watch again (like the rocky horror picture show)

On a side note watching grave of the fireflies is like taking a date to watch schindler's list its just a bad idea...

forget about this post im giving you bad ideas

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...