SOTW #119: CLAMP

Apollo

wonTi.jpg

SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #119
Theme: CLAMP (mangaka group)!

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Friday, June 28.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.

ATTENTIONYOU MUST HAVE A THEME SUBMITTED WITH YOUR ENTRY AT THE TIME OF VOTING! OTHERWISE YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE POLL!

Edited by poetictragedy

VOTING

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Sunday, June 30.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

EXAMPLE:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

ENTRIES:

∂яεαмεя

SakuraampKero_zpsde5383ad.jpg

lemmingllama
Mokona.png

Emotional Outlet

saks.png

Breathless

wtnr.png

SerafinaStar

qmt9.jpg

GoddessLuna

ClampCuteness2_zpse45d099d.png

Radical Ed

darkness_by_radical_ed360-d6aeolr.png

Apollo

gate7copy.jpg

Edited by Apollo

RESULTS

FIRST PLACE

Apollo

SECOND PLACE

Radical Ed

THIRD PLACE

∂яεαмεя

POINT BREAKDOWN:

Apollo - 22

Radical Ed - 17

∂яεαмεя - 13

GoddessLuna - 8

Breathless - 7

SerafinaStar - 3

lemmingllama - 1

Emotional Outlet - 1

Edited by Apollo

For the sake of clarification, I'd like to add that Code Geass will not be allowed. The last time we did a CLAMP theme, we allowed it because technically CLAMP did the character designs, but then almost everyone made a Code Geass entry. It practically wasn't even a true CLAMP theme anymore. And since Code Geass isn't really a CLAMP series, we're not going to make the same mistake again. Other collaborative projects such as Blood-C aren't allowed either. To keep things simple, the theme will be limited to the "real" CLAMP works listed here.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

Due to the absolute lack of signatures here, I have decided to put my exceptional skills at Paint to good use. If it helps, I also coloured in the background with my eyes closed and used the undo key whenever my render turned yellow. Additionally, I played darts and the combination of the three dart totals decided exactly how slanted the render would end up.

Mokona.png

Theme: Creepy

• Like 4

I've never entered in a graphics contest before but I'm willing to try it out. Just to have another entry if you'd like. Not to mention it'd let me play around with Photoshop for something fun rather than school work all the time. Just had a quick question. I know it says not to use other people's artwork in the rules so I just want to get some clarification before I start anything. If I get a render from another website, say for this competition a render of one of the Chobits characters, I can use that right? Also, should I edit this post with my submission or make a new post?

You can use renders, even if you didn't make them. The provision about not using other people's stuff is like... I can't submit one of Poe's signatures as my own.

And you can make a new post or edit that one, it doesn't make much of a difference, haha.

Anyway.

Here's the original. I lost track of what I was doing halfway through, haha.

saks.png

Theme: Homestuck

[backflips into the sun]

• Like 1

You can use renders, even if you didn't make them. The provision about not using other people's stuff is like... I can't submit one of Poe's signatures as my own.

I kind of figured that's what it meant but just wanted to check. Thanks.

The original image

My submission:

qmt9.jpg

Theme: Maybe something dark? Dark themed anime or a dark color theme?

Edited by Serafinastar
  • Like 2