Torrents?

Okay so I've used torrents a lot in the past. Then one day I get an email from my internet service provider saying I've downloaded lisence material and can either A) delete it, B) go to court or C) have them cancel my internet.

Now my question is how can you tell the ones that can get you in trouble? It's not like I distribute it and make a profit. I just used it all for my own personal recreation.

Well that happens very rarely. Usually it's always from a particular ISP that it happens to/from. I've had my ISP shut down my internet before but it was over something I didn't even download anyways. O.o Either a company is keeping track of peers on certain torrents or your ISP is watching what you download. It's as simple as one of those two.

I use torrents for a lot of stuff though such as the latest ongoing Anime in Japan. However I've stopped using torrents for Hollywood movies and such as that seems to be targeted more.

Well that happens very rarely. Usually it's always from a particular ISP that it happens to/from. I've had my ISP shut down my internet before but it was over something I didn't even download anyways. O.o Either a company is keeping track of peers on certain torrents or your ISP is watching what you download. It's as simple as one of those two.

I use torrents for a lot of stuff though such as the latest ongoing Anime in Japan. However I've stopped using torrents for Hollywood movies and such as that seems to be targeted more.

Yeah I have been trying to stay away from torrents every since that happened just in case my ISP happens to be monitoring me. I guess I'll just stick with MU and other sites like them just to be safe since there's no real way to make sure I am safe with torrents.

better delete what they've told you to before you end up in court or without net and i download alot of stuff via torrent i actually hate direct downloads and i dont have any irc resources T_T *looks at BN with puppy dog eyes* but your right stay away from hollywood movies and anything insanely popular their gonna be watching that shit like hawks i usually just go for anime and anything old like ages of empires that kind of stuff

Lol, you are giving our country a bad name. Don't make me come over you and spank you! :) Kidding lol. I am afraid you are totally right.

Ooh spanking lol :D

I don't remember anyone being arrested here for something they did online, except those morons who threatened the president on bookface.

I have never used torrents for download before because I thought they all were in a special file type that you have to have a program for it or something and isn't there a chance that can happen with any download site?

Tbh yes it can happen on any sites. However it is a lot easier to be tracked with torrents because of random trackers people can put on any file. However with MU or other file sharing sites, to catch someone dl from there the person trying to catch you would have to themselves put up the file. Even then I think you could fight it because MU and all of those other sites have a 'strict' policy on copyrighted info. So to sum it up. MU= unlikely to get caught. Torrents= more likely.