To the far reaches of interesting conversations..

Fleshrip

qqcraw.jpg

Hello everyone!

I hope you all won't destroy me for such a topic, but i just want to see if anyone feels the same way or has the same problems.
So the main question i have is:
"Have you ever had a problem of finding interesting people to talk to?"
While this might sound a stupid question -- let me elabore on it a little bit.
I don't considering myself a really really interesting person. I certainly don't want to put myself in high regard or anything -- especially considering that english is not my first language, but i really have a problem of making friends that would really interest me.
So far, being on the internet for around 8 years i guess -- i just managed to make one friend that i simply have no problem of searching for a topic to talk about.
I just feel like with alot of people the conversations dont go smoothly at all. And it's not like i want them to go smooth right from the beggining, but i find myself getting stuck alot in converations where i would be looking at the screen trying to think of the next thing to say because there just isnt much to talk about with the person, really..
I'm not even going to mention the people that write to you just for their own entertainment. Those conversations usually go like this:

Friend: Hey.
You: Hey there.
Friend: How r u
You: I'm great. How about you?
Friend: good
You: That's great to hear!
Friend: yah

And that's it. After that the conversation is pretty much sealed and the other person just expects you to ask them something more and to just .. entertain them.
I've been trying to find more people to talk to, play games with, share common interests. People that i wouldnt have to second guess every word i say.
This topic is both a question to you, peepz -- and a request if any of you would be willing to take a chance of getting to know me; and each other better.
While this may look pathetic to some -- i'm fine with it. I just love talking, i love conversations, i love meeting new people and hearing about their points of view and their interests.

That's about it. What do you think? Did anything i say make sense or is it just me? ewe;;

I would like to try to talk to you! I can't say that I'm terribly interesting either lmao I have a couple questions that would gauge our compatibility though.

What kind of things do you like? Are you into Homestuck? What kind of animes do you like? What shows do you like? Do you write,rp, or make graphics? What's your favorite video game series, genre, and specific game? What kind of music do you listen to?

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Like 1

This is utterly pathetic and I WILL DESTROY YOU FOR POSTING SUCH NONSENSE!!!! bahaha jkz jkz. First lemme just say welcome to the forums since you didnt post a thing up or ya did and I missed it lol. I've had sooo many convos like the example you put, some happening right now lol so it's not so much interesting people are hard to find. It's more so just hard to find someone who share your interests. Either way if you're looking for someone to talk to, game with or w.e I don't mind you pming me. Always nice to meet new ppl and make friends right?

So yeah Ill take a chance to get to know ya

• Like 1

I don't typically have troubles finding people I have things in common with, but I also allow for things like "do you enjoy the existence of bacon" as a reasonable starting point. I too am a pretty uninteresting person, but being affable and being interesting are two different things, so even if you think you are not interesting, you can still be a friendly and enjoyable person to be around.

I mean, it's okay for conversations to die out and go quiet. It happens all the time. It takes me a while to get to a point where I'm okay with talking about random stuff with people over things like IM and Facebook because I don't want to feel like I'm being burdensome--there's only a handful of people I'll reach out to and start conversation myself, and that's okay, haha.

But, it's not pathetic, it's okay! We can be friends. It will help if you let us know, as Pinkie asked, about your interests and the sorts of things you do in your free time. o3o

Well I am terribly interesting and have no clue what you're talking about. Actually, I completely understand what you're talking about. And I'm probably uninteresting to people that don't like me. But that's just my point! I never realized just how interesting I was until I met someone who was interested -- and theirs only one person in the world that I have absolutely effortless conversations with. If people don't find you interesting, make yourself interesting -- and you already have! You write shockingly well -- with excellent punctuation -- AND English is your second language? You are brave enough to throw yourself on the mercy of an entire forum? You make banner graphics for chat topics? All very interesting. Don't let awkward conversations get you down -- we all have them. And -- please! -- jump on some RPs or the Art & Lit boards and spread your fantastically punctuated ways.

I'm sorry everyone if it will seem like i'm quoting too much, but i would just like to take the time to talk and answer everyone. I don't want anyone to feel left out or neglected so bear with me, please?

What kind of things do you like? Are you into Homestuck? What kind of animes do you like? What shows do you like? Do you write,rp, or make graphics? What's your favorite video game series, genre, and specific game? What kind of music do you listen to?

Oh! Ughm! That's a lot of questions .. but i like the enthusiasm! (can i call it ..that?)
I generally like dolls, dresses, haunted things, ghosts, horror, asian culture, myths and legends -- i like alot of things, really! I'm very open-minded to new stuff.
I have heard of Homestuck and i've been feeling it getting more and more popular. Perhaps you could get me into it?
Lately i haven't been watching many animes at all since most seem too cliche for me, but i would appreciate any recommendations!
Talking about shows i really really love Breaking Bad! The amount of tension in that show is off the charts!
I do play with Photoshop once in a while, but i'm just a humble user for now as you can see from my banner .. ehehehe. ;;
Writing though, i do like very much. I haven't written that much stuff, but i do like anything to do with creation. I love to create stuff, to speak my mind out and to call something my own. My creation.
I really like Persona!
Also, i don't want to elaborate too much on here since alot of people just might be bored by it, so if you would like to talk more about all this stuff then we can definitely PM each other!~

Either way if you're looking for someone to talk to, game with or w.e I don't mind you pming me. Always nice to meet new ppl and make friends right?

Thank you! For both answering to the thread and both giving me a chance at knowing you.
I'm just tired of the shallow people that don't have much to say -- and once again i sound like i think too high of myself, but .. you know what i mean? The basic "what's going on" convos? They're just bleeeergh..

But, it's not pathetic, it's okay! We can be friends. It will help if you let us know, as Pinkie asked, about your interests and the sorts of things you do in your free time. o3o

Oh, believe me. There's so much i have to say, but usually when i write my giant walls of text then people either don't really take the time to read it or just outright complain that i elaborate about it way too much, but it's not my fault i have so much things to say about all sorts of different things!
Also, talking about bacon seems extremely interesting. Is it weird that i dont like bacon in particular, but i love any bacon-flavored stuff?
Like bacon chips or bacon soup?

You write shockingly well -- with excellent punctuation -- AND English is your second language? You are brave enough to throw yourself on the mercy of an entire forum? You make banner graphics for chat topics? All very interesting. Don't let awkward conversations get you down -- we all have them. And -- please! -- jump on some RPs or the Art & Lit boards and spread your fantastically punctuated ways.

Thank you so much! Your post completely flattered me. I really appreciate when people compliment my grammar since i really try to improve it every single day by learning new words and smarter phrases.
Ughm! And the RP? I don't know -- i haven't really RP'ed that much. I'd love to if you could show how things work around there!
And about the banners.. yeah, i just like making my threads look nice and clean. I'm just kind of a person like that, ehehe.. ;; /awkward laugh

Thank you everyone for the responses. I already feel so warmly welcome here!

Edited by Fleshrip
  • Like 1

Bacon is delicious, but I don't often actually eat it outside of a restaurant context. Mostly because I'm too lazy to cook it. Bacon is dangerous cooking.

Gah! I always press the quote on top! Not used to the quote button being on the lower side of the user post yet.. uwu;;

Also, i quote so much because i'm afraid that someone else will post before me and then no one will understand to who i am replying to, because this forum does have ALOT of users -- like, many many.

Bacon though! I don't know anything about it -- since we don't really cook that stuff at all in Lithuania. Only when i started living in UK is when i tried bacon. Which was .. 4 months ago. I only tried it then the first time. ewe;

P.S Your username is really lovely. Just wanted to mention that.~

Breaking Bad? Ah! That reminds me that I've got to watch last season! I'm been so bad about keeping up with things. Such a great show though!

Yah! Heisenberggggg! It's amazing!

Actually i haven't watched the last season myself because i'm waiting for them to finish it.

I'm not one for waiting episodes each week so i try to watch shows only after they're done with a season, you know? nwn;;

Breaking Bad? Ah! That reminds me that I've got to watch last season! I'm been so bad about keeping up with things. Such a great show though!

Yah! Heisenberggggg! It's amazing!

Actually i haven't watched the last season myself because i'm waiting for them to finish it.

I'm not one for waiting episodes each week so i try to watch shows only after they're done with a season, you know? nwn;;

I'm the same way. I'd much prefer to marathon a season in two eye-reddening days than watch it over three months.

Oh, yes, I find it very hard to find people to talk to. My problem isn't so much a general interest sort of thing (in fact, one of the main people I talk to I share very little common interests in) but a personality compatibility issue. Although, common interests are, of course, a perk. Because I don't know what all you would want to know, you're more than welcome to ask me anything via this thread or any other means of communication of your choice (if I also have it.)

Just want to start off by saying welcome to the forums, its a great place and I hope that you enjoy it. I might not see you around quite as often since we have a 6-8 hour time difference (yay canada) but would love to get to you know nonetheless.

First off, I do have problems with talking to people in real life. If I am not accompanied by someone that I know well, I tend to be highly introverted. I am the king of small talk though, I can talk about weather and other such nonsense for almost an hour!!!! Still, only my closest friends and family really experience my chattering about anything and everything.

I generally like dolls, dresses, haunted things, ghosts, horror, asian culture, myths and legends

When you say myths and legends, is there a specific grouping that you prefer (Greek mythology, European fairy tails) or just a general love of the things that never were? I am a huge buff and most of what I read is fantasy, so its great to meet other people who enjoy a good legend.

Lately i haven't been watching many animes at all since most seem too cliche for me, but i would appreciate any recommendations!

Well, if you haven't watched the Persona one then you may enjoy that although it has cliches everywhere. If you look at my MAL account on my profile, anything 8 or above is what I think is good and not horribly cliched to death. Still, any parody series would fit the bill (Binbogami Ga, Needless, Carnival Phantasm)

Oh, believe me. There's so much i have to say, but usually when i write my giant walls of text then people either don't really take the time to read it or just outright complain that i elaborate about it way too much, but it's not my fault i have so much things to say about all sorts of different things!

If you have something to say, feel free to say it! Even if someone else doesn't care much about it, the are also other people who will read the massive walls and try to respond. Normally when I make massive walls, I will do a TL;DR bit at the bottom so people who didn't bother reading still get the general gist of it.

All in all, welcome and I hope that you enjoy your stay. I can vouch that Kametsu has interesting people so hopefully it goes well.

I'm the same way. I'd much prefer to marathon a season in two eye-reddening days than watch it over three months.

I know, right? I mean-- even whena season ends i still get this anxiety of "Wait! What's gonna happen next?!" and the fact that i'll have to wait 5-6 months for that doesn't help.

I'd rather deal with the sudden "HNNNNNNGG WHY DID IT HAVE TO END!?" moment for once every season then to experience that every week! ><

persona yessssss which is your favorite persona game?

I really liked the 1st and the 2nd one and i'm planning to replay them at some point when i have the time, but i really loved the 3rd one.

I loved the atmosphere, the creepiness, the characters, everything about it was so loveable! I totally adored Jumpei's jokes. He's a great comedic relief for the series.

But! I did enjoy the 4th one quite a bit, but maybe it just didnt have the same effect to me as the 3rd one since it pretty much had the same system going on except with a new skin thrown on. It was still very great though!

What about you? Which one did you like theee most?

Oh, yes, I find it very hard to find people to talk to. My problem isn't so much a general interest sort of thing (in fact, one of the main people I talk to I share very little common interests in) but a personality compatibility issue. Although, common interests are, of course, a perk. Because I don't know what all you would want to know, you're more than welcome to ask me anything via this thread or any other means of communication of your choice (if I also have it.)

Maybe the things that a person hast to say has to do with personality too. Since some people are so shallow and only touch the surface of things -- then it's just really hard to engage in some sorf of meaningful conversation with them.

So for me it probably mostly depeds if the other person is willing to talk. If i'm going to be throwing sentences forth without any of them being thrown back -- then it just will not work at all. 

I'm a blabbermouth gmpwegmwepg.

All in all, welcome and I hope that you enjoy your stay. I can vouch that Kametsu has interesting people so hopefully it goes well.

I'm only quoting part of your message so it just wouldnt take up so much space! But i'll answer everything.

First off, i love Canada. I think it's a beautiful country and i would love to visit it one day.

Actually, my best friend, the one friend that is able to hold my interest for such a long time that i mentioned in this thread IS from Canada. So hey? Maybe we could be buddies too! I'm not generalizing that all Canadians are the same though, i'm just saiyan! >3

With myths and legends it probably has to come more from folklkore and/or asian myths.

It's usually scary stories, horror myths or anything to do with haunting. Though i do appreciate all sorts of stories. 

If you have any interesting ones to recommend then please do so! 

And the Persona anime was bad .. really bad.. somehow in the game it didnt feel as corny, but in the anime -- ehhhh-- i didn't enjoy it at all. There was just something missing. Anything else to recommend?

And thank you for the welcome! I'll be sure to be as active as i can and try not to annoy everyone!

I know, right? I mean-- even whena season ends i still get this anxiety of "Wait! What's gonna happen next?!" and the fact that i'll have to wait 5-6 months for that doesn't help.

I'd rather deal with the sudden "HNNNNNNGG WHY DID IT HAVE TO END!?" moment for once every season then to experience that every week! ><

ESPECIALLY WITH BREAKING BAD! I watched the first three seasons marathon, because I found it and just got hooked, then that cliffhanger. . . Ah! The writers are absolute geniuses!

ESPECIALLY WITH BREAKING BAD! I watched the first three seasons marathon, because I found it and just got hooked, then that cliffhanger. . . Ah! The writers are absolute geniuses!

Which cliffhanger was in Season 3? I don't remember it -- well, actually i think i DO, but i just want to make sure (please tell me in spoiler tab) -- because if we're thinking about the same thing then YES! I absolutely agree with you. It had me in anticipation the whole month even though i knew it would come back way later than that.. /sniff

Which cliffhanger was in Season 3? I don't remember it -- well, actually i think i DO, but i just want to make sure (please tell me in spoiler tab) -- because if we're thinking about the same thing then YES! I absolutely agree with you. It had me in anticipation the whole month even though i knew it would come back way later than that.. /sniff

Jesse's visit to Glen's apartment with the gun. I was like, "HOLY SHIT! He's officially Heisenberg's lacky! He crossed his only line!"

-Whistles- Boy am I late for this, THE QUEEN SHALL HAVE MY HEAD FOR IT! Too late, already lost it.lol. Anyways, I don't have much to go off of, but I know what you mean by it being hard to find someone interesting to talk to, I for one have found only one person so far that I enjoy talking to, and am always looking for more. Just like Dark saying:

Either way if you're looking for someone to talk to, game with or w.e I don't mind you pming me. Always nice to meet new ppl and make friends right?

I too feel the same.

I do have a question (I don't know if this has been asked, sorry if it has) But you said you enjoy myths, might I ask which ones interest you? I too am a myth fan.

With myths and legends it probably has to come more from folklkore and/or asian myths.

It's usually scary stories, horror myths or anything to do with haunting. Though i do appreciate all sorts of stories. 

If you have any interesting ones to recommend then please do so! 

And the Persona anime was bad .. really bad.. somehow in the game it didnt feel as corny, but in the anime -- ehhhh-- i didn't enjoy it at all. There was just something missing. Anything else to recommend?

And thank you for the welcome! I'll be sure to be as active as i can and try not to annoy everyone!

First off, you win a medal for realizing that it was terrible. The Persona anime took nothing good from the game and was only actually decent when it was doing gag comedy. For some recommendations, try the ones I put in my last post and maybe Welcome to the NHK or RideBack. I don't recall any terrible cliches in either of those.

As for Canadians, most that I have met have been interesting to a degree. People watching is fantastic here.

As for mythology and such, I would recommend finding this fantastic book called "The Encyclopedia of Things that Never Were" by Michael Page and Robert Ingpen. Chock full of fun stuff and over half is folklore.