To the far reaches of interesting conversations..

Fleshrip

Casually ignores all talk of Breaking Bad. (I don't watch no TV.) I still haven't played Persona.

Also, i quote so much because i'm afraid that someone else will post before me and then no one will understand to who i am replying to, because this forum does have ALOT of users -- like, many many.
Bacon though! I don't know anything about it -- since we don't really cook that stuff at all in Lithuania. Only when i started living in UK is when i tried bacon. Which was .. 4 months ago. I only tried it then the first time. ewe;

P.S Your username is really lovely. Just wanted to mention that.~

It's cool, the quote button is there to be used. I've been tossing around the idea of making a forum game wherein we build a quote pyramid until we reach character limit, but that sounds like a BBCode nightmare, haha.

Trying new things is good, haha. I actually don't eat a lot of pork, bacon is just about it. I mostly stick to fish and chicken, but speaking of first times with food, I had never eaten a steak until I was like 19. I ordered it medium rare because apparently that's the best way to eat steak--not for me! It was terrible, haha. I didn't eat steak for another year.

And thanks, it's been my username since I've been here. I think I pulled it out of a dictionary and it's technically breaking the character limit for usernames. This means I will never change my username ever.

First off, you win a medal for realizing that it was terrible. The Persona anime took nothing good from the game and was only actually decent when it was doing gag comedy. For some recommendations, try the ones I put in my last post and maybe Welcome to the NHK or RideBack. I don't recall any terrible cliches in either of those.

As for Canadians, most that I have met have been interesting to a degree. People watching is fantastic here.

As for mythology and such, I would recommend finding this fantastic book called "The Encyclopedia of Things that Never Were" by Michael Page and Robert Ingpen. Chock full of fun stuff and over half is folklore.

I don't think i deserve a medal for realising something outright obvious. It was just really bad.

I even suggested my friend to start to watch it since he always was interested in Persona, but could never play it -- let's just say that was a mistake because now he thinks that Persona is some kind of kids' game..

And i'll definitely check out the book! I might as well try to get a physical version of it since i don't really like reading it through e-readers or internet and whatnot.

We should sometime get together and read/inspect all those folklore-ish stories !!

Casually ignores all talk of Breaking Bad. (I don't watch no TV.) I still haven't played Persona.

It's cool, the quote button is there to be used. I've been tossing around the idea of making a forum game wherein we build a quote pyramid until we reach character limit, but that sounds like a BBCode nightmare, haha.

Trying new things is good, haha. I actually don't eat a lot of pork, bacon is just about it. I mostly stick to fish and chicken, but speaking of first times with food, I had never eaten a steak until I was like 19. I ordered it medium rare because apparently that's the best way to eat steak--not for me! It was terrible, haha. I didn't eat steak for another year.

And thanks, it's been my username since I've been here. I think I pulled it out of a dictionary and it's technically breaking the character limit for usernames. This means I will never change my username ever.

You can't ignore Breaking Bad! It will haunt you until you watch it since alot of people are talking about it. It's really good!

I think it's one of the higher rated shows on imdb! Same goes for Persona, you just can't miss it in this lifetime!

And you haven't eat steak till 19 !? Oh my god, i love steak! That is just so crazy to hear!

You should give it another chance -- maybe a hard-cooked one will do the job for you!

Oh! So you say that you can't use that many character for a username in this forum anymore? Well then your name is one of a kind.~

Never really been super big on TV, haha. If I start watching something, it's either complete and I can marathon it, or I'm interested enough to maintain a schedule. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who stops watching a show for six years if I miss a single episode. It's like, every weekend I'll watch some show, but if I miss one episode, I stop caring entirely, even if I've been following it for the past eight months. I do the same thing with webcomics.

I hear Persona is great and from what I've heard gameplay is right up my alley, I just haven't gotten around to it.

I've had steak since then, on several occasions (one ended with some sort of food poisoning or stomach bug, I'm not sure), but it's not really my favourite, haha. I very much prefer a nice piece of salmon for my luxury meals.

But yeah, I've been EO since I was like 14, I'll be EO when I'm 94. Probably, anyway.

But yeah, I've been EO since I was like 14, I'll be EO when I'm 94. Probably, anyway.

But you don't need to watch it necessarily on TV! Just download the eppies and make a marathon! Believe me, Breaking Bad is worth watching.

Are there any other shows you've seen and really liked? Same goes for games. Any really memorable ones?

Also, i noticed you like Homestuck alot. I don't really know what's it about at all, i just know how characters look. >w<;;

And yep! I also was thinking that when our generation gets old then we will still all probably be internet people -- so the whole internet will be full of grandmas and grandpas. We're gonna be awesome as senile people!

Edited by Fleshrip

Television just doesn't hold my interest, haha. From what I've heard about the show, Breaking Bad is not really something I personally would find entertaining. I'm also one of those people who doesn't react positively to active attempts to get me to try something--the more I'm pushed, the more I associate the show with negative emotions, and by then I definitely don't want anything to do with it. That happened to me with Song of Fire and Ice/Game of Thrones, and the books by Stieg Larsson.

There aren't any television shows I watch with any real regularity. I like Adventure Time and Regular Show, but I don't go out of my way to watch them. If the episodes drift by on my dash, I'll watch them, but I don't await for episodes with bated breath, haha.

Most games I like are turn-based and strategy RPGs. I'm not super big into fast-moving games, haha. The only game I play with any regularity is the Sims, and even that I put aside for months at a time.

Almost every fandom I've fallen into, it's because I've seen a lot of people talk about it on Tumblr or on the other fora I lurk around. Homestuck I got into because of the Gunnerkrigg fandom--I didn't get any of their jokes or references, so I finally sat down and read it to see what was going on. Now I am a Homestuck, haha. The comic is on a several month hiatus while Hussie works on the adventure game if you've been meaning to read it, though.

I can't wait for the Tumblr generation to get old, because they're already pretty weird. "Back in my day, our kokoros were filled with dokis for fictional characters and we liked it! We liked having our hearts ripped out by our precious babbies!"

First thing that comes to mind is high-tech sex change but see how he's so old, it might be some prostate exam or a less painful form of removing kidney stones. The reasoning for his expression of his face and body language is that the anesthetic wore off and he is in shock because he sees this thing on his dick that seems to sting like a giant bee. It obviously hurts more because he's old. At least that's my reasoning behind it.

I can't wait for the Tumblr generation to get old, because they're already pretty weird. "Back in my day, our kokoros were filled with dokis for fictional characters and we liked it! We liked having our hearts ripped out by our precious babbies!"

I'm actually not too big on shows either. People push me to watch The Walking Dead all the time -- same for Game Of Thrones, but i just never get around it..

I actually do agree that the more someone shoves you to watch some kind of show - the less you are likely to want to watch it since there's this one person who's been pestering me to watch GoT all the time and that just kind of turns me off from it.

I guess i was being kind of a hypocrite just now then, right? Haha.

Turn based rpg's? So do you like Disgaea? The only turn based ones i ever played were the first Disagea and Gungnir (on PSP). Both were pretty fun, but i lack the patience to finish them fully.. I never played Final Fantasy Tactics. Alot of people praise that game to no end. Have you played it? Is it really such a good strategy rpg?

I don't know about you, but i am gonna lurk on the internets to no end when i'm old -- since i wont have anything to do anyways. Especially if i'm going to be on pension and whatnot.

But i think we all know what is going to happen when your generation gets old -- half of us are gonna pretend to be 20 year olds or something.. >>;;

i think this might be interesting

while i googled for animes with oranges, i found this (i don't think it's classified as above pg-13)

I am totally confused by your post. :c

Job is a confusing person, he gets strange if we don't take him out for walks, haha.

And nah, it's cool to be excited about stuff! I wasn't upset by it in the least. No worries. o3o

I like Disgaea, I've played it on the DS. It's pretty cute, but I've never finished it. And I do love FFT, but I'm way too stupid to complete that game, haha. I ended up getting stuck because I was overlevelled but underpowered, so everything was killing me. The newer FFT games like Advanced and A2 are a little easier on me and I did complete those--I even clocked in over 300 hours on FFTA, even though a lot of people didn't like that game. u-u

I like Disgaea, I've played it on the DS. It's pretty cute, but I've never finished it. And I do love FFT, but I'm way too stupid to complete that game, haha. I ended up getting stuck because I was overlevelled but underpowered, so everything was killing me. The newer FFT games like Advanced and A2 are a little easier on me and I did complete those--I even clocked in over 300 hours on FFTA, even though a lot of people didn't like that game. u-u

Disgaea is good, but gets kind of ridiculous when you get to hitting millions of damage. Also hate how you have to do the easier bits of dungeons to get to actual leveling grounds, then you can't easily get back.

FFT is good, personally I liked FFTA2 the most. Even after you finish the game in its entirety, you can still unlock stuff and try to beat the super god mode palace place. I've fully played through it twice.

Actually that's exactly what turns me off from Disgaea.
Since i don't like grinding at all in my games. Of course in some JRPG's that might be acceptable, but not as much as to reach thousands of levels and such. I just like to go forward with my story.

I grew up on old RPGs, so level grinding is something I do even if the game is designed not to require it, haha. I just like to go slowly in games anyway, so I end up overlevelled almost all of the time.

La Pucelle is one of my favourite tactical RPGs, and I was grinding to beat some of the extra dungeons. I eventually got tired of it and quit, deciding instead to just finish up the game so I could see what the ending is. I ended being like hundreds of levels higher than the final boss, so it was a total cakewalk. Same thing happened with FF12, haha.

I grew up on old RPGs, so level grinding is something I do even if the game is designed not to require it, haha. I just like to go slowly in games anyway, so I end up overlevelled almost all of the time.

La Pucelle is one of my favourite tactical RPGs, and I was grinding to beat some of the extra dungeons. I eventually got tired of it and quit, deciding instead to just finish up the game so I could see what the ending is. I ended being like hundreds of levels higher than the final boss, so it was a total cakewalk. Same thing happened with FF12, haha.

I grew up with RPG's like Final Fantasy, The Chrono Series, Legend Of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Wild Arms and many many others.

I loooove RPG's too and i don't think theres antyhing wrong with grinding. It's just that the more i grow up -- the less i like to waste time on grinding and stuff. Since there's so many games, but so little time so i end up trying to finish them faster.

I don't rush through games or anything, i just don't spend the time somewhere where it's not needed.

Currently i'm playing Tales Of Graces F and i reeaaally love it! It's so so so so fun! It's been a while since i last played an actual JRPG games since the PS3 has a serious lack of it.

But actually on that game i've grinded sevelar times already even when i didn't need it. I like to stop at some area which gives quite the experience points to make myself stronger too.

I like grinding, but not when grinding is totally necessary in order to progress. >w<;;

Oh no! You guys are all drooling over games and I'm not a video game fan :( I've only played Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was something like 4 but that was it. I was not a gamer kid......so I can't understand a word you're saying above me.

Aw, don't worry! It's totally fine! There are other things apart games that you can engage into!

Like movies, tv shows and all sorts of series. The world is full of brilliant ideas and stories that everyone can enjoy.

But for me in particular -- a game let's me enjoy a certain story and be a part of it. Be there and experience it myself -- that is the beauty of gaming.

There are video games for everything, you'd be hard-pressed not to find a single game that appeals to you. You like mysteries? So many mystery games. You like romance? We got romance out the wazoo. You like vampires? Oh my god there are so many games about vampires, you don't even know.

We got games about fashion, trains, hacking computers, cooking, intergalactic warfare, and pixels doing the dirty. There are games that are nothing but collections of different varieties of solitaire and crosswords.

You just have to look past most of the lame AAA titles (which are mostly FPS these days) and you'll find all the variety you see in books and television.

Lolz I think I got it. I do play games, just not video games, lolz, my bad  :misdoubt:!

I like hidden object and puzzle games  A LOT! That's what I play at work when I'm free. Not much of card games, I'd like to play with a real pack of cards, if so. Hm.....board games are fine......scrabble, chess and that lot.........I have to admit I play dress up games too once in a while and then I take screen shots if the outfits are nice......I like fashion stuff and I collect such pictures both from magazines and also jpgs.