I need user input!!

Best way to download encodes/anime!  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which you prefer? a well seeded torrent or file hosters?

• TORRENTS
    • HOSTERS

I voted "torrents" ...but I did wish we could have voted for both ....I like the idea of having the choice of either using a torrent or a host to download from ....that way if either one has troubles..you can fall back on the other downloading option....

but ...I believe that in the future  ..it will be private FTP's that  will become the favoured  option as home networks become more and more powerful....but rthen ...the future IS just that .."The Future"

I can always feel good about living out in the country since it fits my way of life so well... but every once and a while when I see people that have these unimaginable internet connections to me, I do sometimes wonder what it would be like!! There is exactly one choice for internet here that isn't massively capped and that's AT&T DSL 6mbps about 750-800kb/s down and 50kb/s or so up, with a 150gb limit a month to top it all off... I just love AT&T... I'm being a bit sarcastic here.

Yeah, even though most likely you are already uploading torrents because of the majority. But I'll still state this anyway.

All in all, I prefer IRC downloading, mainly because not many files get removed or however it works (don't really know much about IRC). File Hosting I would prefer over Torrents, I do torrent, but only specific things, which isn't TV/Movies at all. I avoid it as much as possible because of governments tracking downloaders (they especially try to track uploaders), which can happen, but not even close as it does with Uploaders.

When you are an Uploader to torrents you will always risk yourself from getting caught, and if it's a TON of copyright content, well we all know how far that will go...

Not only that, but for a torrent perspective, you have to worry about seeders, if there isn't much, then it takes forever... or if there is any at all in the first place.

For me, torrents aren't worth it, because of getting caught, and the issue with seeders and such.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hosters are always better. With torrents you can never tell when your file is going to download and for me, they are always slower.

Use zbigz. They are an online service that downloads torrents at rediculously high speeds and keeps them there for you to download as if hosted. But you get only 60kBps download from them. (which I find barable since 3rd world internet is 110kBps)

Anyway, it's difficult to say. A well seeded torrent is very fast, nearly unbreakable (a BIG pluspoint), and if a torrent is well seeded you will barely upload while downloading (I don't seed cause in the 3rd world internet is still super expensive and you pay per megabyte). However, they have very short life spans, like a month only. Public torrents are fine, cause 3rd world countries aren't worth copywriters' efforts.

Hosted files can be slow and break often. If they survive for more than, say, 3 days, it'll be up for months or years before dying.

Personally I download mainly hosted files cause it's easier to get episodes for 50-100MB ea rather than 250-400MB HD files. So I can download more and faster.

I voted for torrents though.

IRC are nice, but outdated. There are better alternatives out there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I do NOT and can NOT download torrents, so my answer is simple ............ filehosters.

The real question is which are the best ones to use.  Rapidgator and Uploaded are TERRIBLE in my opinion (for free users that is), but they are very popular.  I find Sockshare and Putlocker to be much better choices as they allow large file sizes, unlimited downloads, and 99% of the time No Captcha.  Mediafire is also a good choice, and I find that Zippyshare seems to take their time responding to take-down notices, so files stay alive longer than other hosts.

• 2 weeks later...