Girl Baby Names

Koby

We've discussed names like Sophia, Adalee (various spellings), Adalyn, Renee, Viviana, Vivian, Harper, etc..

Most of the names we had came up with before were boy names. -_-

I like Adalynn Renee Dill, but she doesn't care for the initials (so picky, lol).

I liked Vivianna (various spellings) but she said it was too hispanic and suggested Vivian which I don't care for. My girlfriend is half mexican though, so although our little girl will likely be ghostly white like I am, I don't really see any problem with names and ethnicity.

Vivian and other variants are really great names, haha. My Latin teacher liked strong names like Maxine and Maximilian.

I personally don't like it when people just take names from different cultures that aren't their own (appropriation). Like I'm not gonna give my kid an Arabic or Japanese name because neither of us have anything to do with those cultures. But what other people do is their business, haha.

One of my friends has a child named Cadence, and her sister is named Harmony. Other names up for consideration were Jody and Violet (I personally liked Violet).

• Like 1

I've always liked Vivienne / Vivian, and basically anything that can be shortened down to "Vivi". Such a cute nickname. I also like Alexia / Alexis.

We like Guinevere. And almost any other name that ends up with "Gwen" as a nickname. Gwendolyn. Gwyneth.

Felicia. Felicity.

I also like Felicity, which reminds me, there's a children show where a fairy goes by that name and she has a fairy friend who is named Rhapsody. Rhapsody has since then become my favorite female name.

• Like 1

Oh so it's Melissa. I've always read it in my mind as Malaysia.  Must be fun having to correct people when they have to write down your name.  Then you got people at Starbucks who have trouble with just ordinary names lol.  If you ever find someone there who gets it write they are the chosen one. ;)

Two of the librarians I work with are named Sarah, haha.

I was going to be named something super plain like Sarah or Jennifer or something, but then I ended up Bernadeht and now I have to spell my name for everyone all the time. Not a single one of my names has ever gone without trouble. People don't know how to pronounce my middle or last name, they don't know how to spell my first, and on occasion they think I'm a boy because they think my name is Bernard. And sometimes--sometimes--they think my middle initial is literally a number. Seriously, I had someone think my middle initial was the number six. Can't you use your common sense and assume that it's probably a G and not a number??

It's okay, though, I don't think I would make a good Jennifer anyway.

And Bernadette Peters, but I don't know if she's relevant any more. I guess there's a song with my name too. The only problem is people always spell it the French way instead of the made up way my mother chose, haha. And they're always like, "Is this spelt right???" Yes, I know how to spell my own name. I promise.

I called the hotline to opt out of those automated credit card applications a short while ago and had to spell my name like ten times before it finally let me off the hook. They already took my social and birthday, why do they need me to spell my stupid name. It was pretty much torture.

I guess the moral of the story is don't choose a name that is spelt funny unless you really want to.