Highschool of the Dead Apocalypse 2013

cloud1414

We already knew there was more Highschool of the Dead in the works; now we know what the next round of manga is calling itself: Highschool of the Dead Apocalypse. Sounds cheerful, doesn’t it? I feel like the cast of The Walking Dead would be proud.

f3fb307c028e47ddfbedbd76c2d04b27136.jpg

Are you ready for spring 2013? Between new Oreimo, another Gen Urobuchi series and now HotD’s return, it’s looking to be a fine time to love anime and manga.

Considering the anime’s insane popularity, think we’ll get a season two based off Apocalypse?

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/02/09-1/new-highschool-of-the-dead-manga-has-a-name

• Like 1

HotD completely forgot it had anything to offer other than fanservice after episode one. It went and completely neglected the story, neglected character development, and neglected the zombies. It was too focused on bouncying boobs, boobs moving faster than a speeding bullet, and the obligatory bath scene of every cliched fanservice anime. There was nothing in the show to offer anyone other than fanservice, and there are much better series capable of that.. so I'm not even sure I'll bother wasting anymore time on such disappointing crap. What makes it so much more disappointing is that the first episode showed just how much potential it could have had had they stuck with better things such as character development, story, and oh yeah the zombies....

• Like 4

HOTD was definitely borderline hentai, episode 6(i think) clearly proved that as it couldve gone quite easily into sex scenes and shit that hentai's do, I also loathe that part with Saeko in the apron, she was my fav in the series and didnt seem like a slut to me like the others.... actually none of them did at first, it just became that after the first ep... I also love how at the start they killed their friend and next episode they're both just over it like it was nothing.

Anywayz not gonna rant about the clear issues with the series since I did enjoy it. I would love a season 2 for the show, I just hope they do it better this time around, I really do

• 2 weeks later...

Don't tone down the fanservice, whats done is done. However, this merely means that they have to step it up with every other aspect of the anime; action, development (not just the cup size kind) and everything else. They need to go all out balls-to-the-wall to mitigate the way the last series revolved predominantly around breasts.

although, everything I say is a moot point. COS I LURV ZOMBIES AND BREASTS AND BIG BREASTED ZOMBIES! YEEE HAAAAAWWW!

• 3 months later...

HOTD was definitely borderline hentai, episode 6(i think) clearly proved that as it couldve gone quite easily into sex scenes and shit that hentai's do, I also loathe that part with Saeko in the apron, she was my fav in the series and didnt seem like a slut to me like the others.... actually none of them did at first, it just became that after the first ep... I also love how at the start they killed their friend and next episode they're both just over it like it was nothing.

Anywayz not gonna rant about the clear issues with the series since I did enjoy it. I would love a season 2 for the show, I just hope they do it better this time around, I really do

Yeah quite agree with you, on everything you said - i'll keep my fingers crossed as well!

• 2 months later...