Anyone find BTOOM interesting?

saminyt

It's a pretty popular anime so I'd assume there would be a second season. It does depend on the sales though but I think it's safe to say it'll come sooner or later. Also though, you'll have to wait for more chapters from the manga to cover the second season. Unless it chooses not to follow the manga story and branches off, but I would hope it'll stay true to the manga.

Anyway, yeah. It's a great anime!

Well, the manga's actually pretty decent for a monthly series. Considering the amount of chapters it currently has, I expected the anime to go on at least a little longer than it did.

Still, the studio's MADHouse and those guys bring the production quality into a show whenever they do something. (Look at Death Note and Beck, for example). Also, they have a habit for ending something in such a way that they can resume the story again later when the manga's finished but never do so. I'm still hoping for a finale to Beck.

I saw the first episode back on the airdate and it was pretty swell. Haven't seen the rest of it yet but the pacing was done properly and the character art and voice actor's have been properly selected.

I dunno, I'll have to wait till I see the whole thing before I say anything about the anime but the manga's pretty damn good at this point.

BTOOOM! actually did fairly bad overall in Japan for TV ratings. Despite American anime fans liking it, it's the Japanese anime fans that count towards whether another season will be done unfortunately. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite some non-sense episode like the komodo's and shit.... I do hope another season will be announced before the end of 2013 though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I just finished this new Anime Btoom. I thought it was great. It kinda reminded me of Jyu-oh-Sei. Anyways, the stroy is only half complete. So, anyone have any idea if/when they are gonna make a second season?

It could possibly be done, but not for a long time without it being absolutely ruined. You see, I checked out the manga when the anime finished, and unless the translations were really behind, the anime just about caught up to the manga. 

So, I just finished this new Anime Btoom. I thought it was great. It kinda reminded me of Jyu-oh-Sei. Anyways, the stroy is only half complete. So, anyone have any idea if/when they are gonna make a second season?

It could possibly be done, but not for a long time without it being absolutely ruined. You see, I checked out the manga when the anime finished, and unless the translations were really behind, the anime just about caught up to the manga. 

My bet is on that the translations were behind, wouldn't be the first time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BTOOOM! actually did fairly bad overall in Japan for TV ratings. Despite American anime fans liking it, it's the Japanese anime fans that count towards whether another season will be done unfortunately. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite some non-sense episode like the komodo's and shit.... I do hope another season will be announced before the end of 2013 though.

The Japanese BD sales barely register in the rankings as well. It's selling worse than Shin Sekai Yori right now. I liked Shin Sekai though.

And another note, about a second season. The first season ended really close to where the manga is in Japan. I think it covered over 50 chapters of the manga. So if there's another season, it probably won't be for a while.

The show is a hit among many audiences aside from Japan, where it matters a lot. Btooom wasn't for me. It felt like Gantz minus aliens and with more psychos. Granted, the crazy people were outcasted by society and were put here for that reason, but a death game between them felt rather stupid to me. I would rather a "death game" of sorts be carried out between criminals, like the movies Death Race and Gamer. Overall, I was wondering what the creator was thinking when they made BTOOOM.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It was average to me. I enjoyed some moments but to be honest, I'm sick of the obsession with Hunger games-type media. I'm a huge hunger games fan but it's irritating seeing so many imitations of it. Granted, this applies more to Western books than anime, but it was definitely a factor for me when evaluating BTOOM.

• 4 weeks later...

BTOOM! did something that many anime do not do and that is future-proofing.  They basically made sure that if another season is to be made, which it most likely will as the manga is still being written, the next season will not seem as if it came out of nowhere.  The ending was not a cliffhanger, but it left those who liked it wanting more of it.