Breathless' Showcase!

Breathless

SOTW Entry

musichg.png

Other Sigs

1234312.png

hinatask.png

mirainikki.png

I'm quite happy with my SOTW Entry, I think it turned out really well. As for my Sigs, I'm trying to work on creating some more depth to my works. The Mirai Nikki (last) one turned out really well, the hinata (middle) one is a bit messy but it was a good stepping stone. I don't know how I feel about the first one. I feel that it turned out pretty well but at the same time I didn't do too much to it. *shrugs* Results are results I guess.

Comments and Critiques wanted, thank you! :]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Your friendly neighborhood spiderman is back to stop more criminals! So I'm back with a few more works. I'm going to try talk about them a bit more for my own benefit.

The first is my SOTW entry for ff 13, featuring lightning. I was happy with this one, I followed the same style I did for my previous hinata sig, but this one was more refined. There's still room for improvement, but hey, who cares.

ffxiiir.png

My second one is a bakamongatori sig... I think. I've never seen the anime myself but it's my friends fravorite anime, so I used a render which looked like the main character. 'Twas a simple sig, but I liked the outcome.

idkq.png

My third one is a Haganai sig, featuring Sena. I don't really like this one, I wasn't going to post it either but I thought 'what the hell!' and went all #yolo and posted it anyway. Sena is probably my fravorite character of all time, that's why I didn't want to post this one. I learnt a few things through this, but the outcome was meh.

asdsas.png

My fourth one is a Evangelion sig, featuring Asuka. Again, this is my (other) friend's favorite anime so I made it. I'm happy with the outcome, even though it's relatively simple. 

evasz.png

This is my fifth and final sig update. It's a random girl featuring a camera! I feel like this is probably my best sig I've made. (including past updates too.) Funny thing was, this sig took me all about 5-10 minutes to make, it was actually stupidly simple. Well, here it is.

cameratf.png

This is... I'm not sure... A wallpaper, maybe? It's 720x480 pixels. I made it for my friend as his Facebook wall-poster cover thingy. (wow, I need to go on facebook more...) I'm again, quite happy with this one. It's a SAO graphics. At first I didn't like it, but the more I looked at it the more it grew on me, haha.

720x480.png

//

Thankyou for going through that wall of text and images! -^__^-
as always, thanks for visiting my thread! C&C is welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Three more. 

mahou.png

sailorm.png

gifsig.gif

The first was going to be my "magic girl" sotw entry. I made the second one shortly after, and liked it better, so it instead. The third one, I made just now. I'm quite happy with it, I think I'll throw it into the "anything goes" sotw this week.

/edit: oops. Forgot my BOTM entry.

dinosaurseatpuppies.png

All C&C welcome, thankyou for visiting my thread! :>

Edited by Breathless

I apologize in advance if i sound weird, english is my third language.

I like where youre going with your signatures, but theres a theme ive witnessed: Youre letting the renders work for your sigs. Theyre widely displayed and dont realy feel build in, in many cases (which isnt bad). Also theyre bright (which is bad) and therefore lack contrasts like the folowing ones:

musichg.png
The text is badly placed. You should google "the rule of thirds".

1234312.png
Just to bright.

cameratf.png
Same here,...

sailorm.png
...and here. +Text is hard to read. You got my point by now, theyre bad.

And then there are some with a proper contrast:

mirainikki.png
This one looks so gooood, but make sure youre text is readable...

idkq.png
Good, but these lines are disturbing the readablity.

asdsas.png
Looks great, but the text is kinda... meh and the render is poorly rendered or scaled.

mahou.png
Amazing, thats your best piece. It could just be my obsession with Madoka Magica, but i cant complain much about that one. However, the orange flame feels a bit off... btw, where did you got that render?

That the stuff that goes though my head when i look at a signature... no bad intend pal.

You should also compliment your nickname by inserting some sort of subtext or brushes. It improves the main text in most cases. Example:

v2pup.png(Its not even a good one though...)

Try it.

Now im curious if this affects your upcoming pieces... :>

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice! It really shows when it's shown side by side with the sig, very helpful. Being too bright does seem to a common criticism that I get back, I'll work on it straight away! Also, text! You're right. I also noticed it with your Chuunibyou SOTW, your text was very pretty. I'll try work on that too, to make it more interesting.

Also.

btw, where did you got that render?

I got it from www.renders-graphiques.fr ( here's the exact link ) The website is in french, so I don't know who the original artist is. I think his name is Happa.

Thanks PLGF, Poe, for the feedback. :]

Hopefully I can show you something good with my next work!

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy at work. I've been dying to try and make a new signature with that feedback. I've made two. (there's a third one but I didn't like it.) Happy with how these two turned out. Text is a bit hard to read in the Mari one. hm, there's still a lot to learn.
C&C Welcome! Please, let loose! :>

inthelibrary.jpg

maring.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

great work

Thankyou!

You're really good at fitting the render to the background! I'm actually jealous, haha. The text is better, but your username is a little difficult to read in both of them. You're definitely headed in the right direction though, so keep at it! :3

I will, and thanks! (I actually have a huuuuge folder of stocks so it makes it easier to pick what I think matches.)

I really like the colours on the first one, they're very warm and nice to look at. That little pop of cooler colour from her eyes draws you in. o3o

Thankyou! She's super kawaii, haha. I've been meaning to put her into a sig for a while!

Your lighting is great and it all flows nicely and works with the focal points.

Me likey a lot =3

Im really vibing your most recent one. <3

Thank you for the compliment! I'm slowly using the C&C people give me to better my works, but I still have a lot to learn!

Thank you for the compliments and feedback everyone! Here are my most recent works. I even made an ava this time, though I didn't realize it couldn't be .gif, oops!

rainava.gif

begr.jpg

39477538.jpg

555wm.jpg

I've been trying to use the rule of thirds lately. I have even started drawing lines over my signature to help me out, haha. It's actually quite hard to put it into practice though. (at least for me.)  e.g.

0134v.jpg

That was a bit of a wall of text/images, haha. Sorry about that!

• 1 month later...

Allright! We're here. Sitting in the car. I want you to show me if you can get far. Step on the gas. #Idon'tknowwhatI'mdoing

xjo9.jpg

I've been having trouble getting inspiration for anime ava/sigs. I think I've burnt out, so I've switched to actual people for the time being. Just having fun with it. Not following any tutorials, just playing around with it with no form in mind. Expect more soon!

/EDIT: A bit curious. What does everyone think about the tag on her shirt. I was happy with it before, but now it feels off center. Ugh. 

Edited by Breathless

• 1 month later...

Just got photoshop on my new computer, so I only have the defaults. It was pretty tricky trying to make something. I ended up using my old/usual style of using a stock bg and then editing it from there.

My first one is bit of a behemoth, I went 600x220, and then totally forgot to resize/crop. It's pretty simple, and HUUUUUGE.

xsdu.png

For the second one, I was a lot more used to photoshop again. Spent probably 2x the time on the second one and used some cool signatures as reference.

hx8t.jpg