Breathless' Showcase!

Breathless

• 2 weeks later...

I like how you're trying to hide your name in your signatures, haha.

... Now you know my secret. I can't let you leave this thread alive! But no- seriously, I've always secretly wanted to hide my name in sigs, but it's surprisingly hard! 

One thing I love about your work is your borders. I need a tutorial for that style, man. Love it.

Thanks! Actually, the border is pretty easy to do. I took some screenshots with making one of my recent sigs so a tutorial is possible, the question is if and when!

Only just found this, dunno how I missed it lol. All great works, you should be proud of yourself =)

Thanks! Really, it's posts like these why I can be proud. That, and I'm just simply awesome! Just joking, haha.

================

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate all the feedback.

That being said, here are my new works. I made them roughly the same time my SOTW entry. 

anothersigthingb.png

konatasigb.png

sigthing2.png

siggydw.png

And here's my SOTW entry;

cgsig.png

• Like 1

Still all great works, I did actually ask someone at one point what I would need to make SiGs and stuff like this but they never got back to me and when they finally did they basically said in a round about way I shouldnt bother, yay for the vote of confidence. Off my own shit, these are great yet again, I like them all but the second one in the SOTW entry is probably the one I like least, could use some more colour, but what do I know lol. Again you should be proud because your awesome as you said lol

• 3 weeks later...

you have a very very old style in your graphics, like an early 2000s style. that being said, i really enjoy seeing this. you have a pretty good eye when it comes to cropping. and pixel borders! i love your first and second signatures in the first post. your wallpaper is quite nice also.

Thank you! I'm not too sure of the different times and styles but a long long time ago I used to make graphics (probably ~2006?) so that might be where it comes from.

So it's been a while since I've come here, and I'm back. These aren't new works at all, they're actually my old works from my gimp days. (This was before I tried making sigs, so they're all just color-ins) I only really got the hang of it after a while so the first one is a little messy.

It was pretty nostalgic going through these. And with that being said, I think I might go on photoshop and play around a bit!

colouringtsukasanishino.png

colouringtskuasa2.png

Edited by Breathless

Those are actually pretty cool. I like how they have texture to them; like on the skirt in the first one. I've tried coloring, and it's fairly difficult, so good job!

I miss playing in Photoshop. And it's only been a week, sob. D:

Thanks! haha, I didn't realize how much I used photoshop until I began work again. I just think about playing around on it whenever I get really bored.

If I remember correctly, the first one actually had a pre-textured skit already, so I cheated a little bit. :P 

Anyway, here are my works that I've completed tonight.

What time is it?

ADVENTURE TIME!

adventuretimep.png

finnadventuretime.png

flameprincess.png

• Like 2

Been a while since I've come here! (not really, but that's what it feels like)

I just had my first crack at a wallpaper. One big problem I see is that the background is kind of LQ. I might drop the reso from 1080p to 720p, maybe that'll help. Anyway, here it is. Any comments are welcome! -^__^-

gungirlwallpaper.png

I really like this wallpaper! The colours blend together extremely well, though I don't know if it's like that in the original but....the parchment texture you used for the background looks a little blurry in a few spots. Maybe some more grain would look nicer, just to make it a bit sharper.

Oh and I really love the curtain silk effect on the Flame Princess graphic. It gives it a royal, regal feel and the colours look especially awesome! I definitely have to try this effect sometime! Great work!

• Like 1

Who's the artist for the Adventure Time signatures? I feel like I've seem them around before.

Starting from the top, the artists for the renders are: Call me Mellow, Kiriban Time, and RaineSeryn (all on deviantart)

Kiriban Time does alot of cool arts and oneshot fan comics, I see a lot of his works around. :o

I really like this wallpaper! The colours blend together extremely well, though I don't know if it's like that in the original but....the parchment texture you used for the background looks a little blurry in a few spots. Maybe some more grain would look nicer, just to make it a bit sharper.

Oh and I really love the curtain silk effect on the Flame Princess graphic. It gives it a royal, regal feel and the colours look especially awesome! I definitely have to try this effect sometime! Great work!

Thank you! I did notice the problem with the background, haha. I tried to fix it quickly but to no avail, so I just let it be. The next time I try the same effects I'll keep that in mind. :]

and Thankyou! The Flame Princess graphic was my favorite of the three. At first she blended in with the background TOO much but somehow it worked out great!

Nice works, I like the colours a lot, the second one is definitely my favourite. The text on the first two is a little hard to read at first glance with the bright burst behind it

Thanks! When I asked my friend, he liked the second one the best too. I'll have to watch out for the text next time though, Thank you!
  • Like 2

I love the colours on the first one, and doing something as simple as placing the render on top of the borders adds a lot of depth to it.

The second one looks foreboding! I feel like I'm looking through the eyes of someone wracked with jealousy or rage. Like maybe I wasn't supposed to see this and I stumbled upon them by accident, or maybe I was following them to see what they were doing.

That's a really specific reaction, though, it probably wasn't your intent with the signature, haha.

My intentions always get lost in my works, ahah. Probably because they're so non-existent. "I want this to look cute", or "I want this to be cool!" is normally what I think when making it. Sometimes I'll think something like "I want this to be creepy!" but it really doesn't get any deeper than that, lol.  I read something a while ago, I'm not sure if it was from here or from a blog, but it went something like this. 

"When someone asks me the meaning of my works, I ask them 'What do you think?', and just nod at their answer."

Meaning what the work is supposed to incite is subjective to the viewer. This really resonated with me, haha. (I think I explained that right, but I hear my dictionary weeping for me)

Once again, thank you Dark, EO, and anyone else willing to come to my humble showcase. Arigatou!

Haha, no, I'm tracking. Some people get really into crafting symbolism into their work and making things mean exact things, but I can totally dig not being real particular about how people interpret your work. I'm the same way--I'll try to be meaningful about what I do, but I won't try to turn it into a homework assignment and let people make up their own mind, lul.