Games you regret buying/playing

Kyle_Dimetri

There has to be a game where you we all regret we spend our money on or spend our precious time playing. For me, it was Gran Turismo 5. I have no problem playing a realistic game like GTA but when a game is so "real" that it takes away every bit of fun of its gameplay and taking 15 minutes of your day to play the game is just a bother.....you will come to the point where you have to say to yourself........."I hate this fucking game!!".

So members tell me which game you played that was just so awful you regret spending a few minutes out of your life playing

I agree with street fighter. I like 2D fighters but fuck me those games are hardcore:(

I also regret buying halo 3/reach (my little brother loves them) I just cannot understand why this franchise is so popular? SP is drab, characters are generic, weapons feel limp and MP is just shit in my opinon....I guess the Halo formula just dos not compute for someone like me. I TRY to like it but everytime I load up the disk I can feel my eyes glazing over.

• 2 weeks later...

FF13, GTA4 and MW3

I agree with street fighter. I like 2D fighters but fuck me those games are hardcore:(

I also regret buying halo 3/reach (my little brother loves them) I just cannot understand why this franchise is so popular? SP is drab, characters are generic, weapons feel limp and MP is just shit in my opinon....I guess the Halo formula just dos not compute for someone like me. I TRY to like it but everytime I load up the disk I can feel my eyes glazing over.

halo 3 and reach was stupid but halo 1 & 2 on the other hand were 2 kick as* games

I regret buying Dragon Ball: Ultimate Tenkaichi, the game just wasn't that great. I only played it for an hour and thought what have I just spent a small fortune on, seriously in an hour I felt like I had done everything in the combat system a million times over, there was no varity and it felt like a game of rock, paper, scissors half the time.

I'm not going to bother thinking too hard about this, so I'm just gonna go with Final Fantasy 13. I know there are worse games that I have played, but I'm too tired to go to the effort of unlocking that area in my mind called Vault of Dangerous Memories. FF 13 must be one of the worst games ever conceived. They sunk the GDP of a small nation into their arts department but completely forgot about gameplay. The characters are flat, annoying and stupid. I never once felt connected with any of them. There wasn't a single moment of gametime where I didn't want to murder each and every one of the characters and mutilate their corpses.

The game is one long narrow corridor with no room for exploration. The combat was simplified and automated to the point of ridiculousness. I literally just had the controller in one hand, tapping X during combat and pressing up on the analog stick out of combat, while reading a book. Leveling up is restricted stupidly, so I don't even have the option of farming XP, leveling up and storming through the rest of the game with Level 99 characters. I've been told that the game allows for some exploration 10 hours in; that's the problem. It doesn't matter if the pipe full of shit I'm wading through leads to an island of naked goddesses ready to cater to my every whim: I've still got to wade through a pipe full of shit for 10 hours.