Games you regret buying/playing

Kyle_Dimetri

FF13. Ran in a stait line for about 30 hour thinking something interesting would happen because its a final fantasy game but nothing did. Just lots of lame storytelling, lame characters and pressing X. Only thing going for it was it looked pretty.

Totally agree with you. And I even pre-ordered that game at full price. :| Such a waste of money.

FF13. Ran in a stait line for about 30 hour thinking something interesting would happen because its a final fantasy game but nothing did. Just lots of lame storytelling, lame characters and pressing X. Only thing going for it was it looked pretty.

Totally agree with you. And I even pre-ordered that game at full price. :| Such a waste of money.

Well it's like I'm glad you're playing and RPG but compared to every other final fantasy *except the online counterparts and the tactics games* FF 13 is the most barebones RPG with the least story and character development that ever came from this franchise. They completely dropped the ball on this game and its ludicrous that they have invested in FF 13 -2 and the next sequel. 

I bought the game and played it and had fun but after 15 hours into, what turned out to be a linear tutorial that gave the illusion of progress, they threw a complete curveball and dropped me into a situation that was frustrating and simply unfulfilling. 

I'm serious about this, if you ever get the chance to play FF 12 for PS2...just the first 4 hours of that game blows the entire duration of FF13 out of the water and people consider FF 12 to be not as good as the earlier games ironically.

I got the game for free and only started playing it last night, got up to chapter 2 and it's pretty cool to me and to my knowledge majority of FF games are done in this style so what did you really expect?

As far as I remember, I don't remember any other FF games that I managed to complete by pretty much mashing the X button. The auto-chain feature is nice but it's really just a cheat method for those who want easy battles. It didn't help how manually chaining meant wasting attack time either. I barely had to do any thinking for this game since I always knew where I was going and I didn't even grind for any bosses since mashing X will automatically get me the best attacks + chains. All I had to really do was time the paradigm shift at appropriate times so I don't die from low HP. Other than HP and the enemy's chain bar I didn't really have to look at anything else. :|

Well it's like I'm glad you're playing and RPG but compared to every other final fantasy *except the online counterparts and the tactics games* FF 13 is the most barebones RPG with the least story and character development that ever came from this franchise. They completely dropped the ball on this game and its ludicrous that they have invested in FF 13 -2 and the next sequel. 

I bought the game and played it and had fun but after 15 hours into, what turned out to be a linear tutorial that gave the illusion of progress, they threw a complete curveball and dropped me into a situation that was frustrating and simply unfulfilling. 

I'm serious about this, if you ever get the chance to play FF 12 for PS2...just the first 4 hours of that game blows the entire duration of FF13 out of the water and people consider FF 12 to be not as good as the earlier games ironically.

It probably wouldn't have been so bad if my hopes weren't that high for it in the first place. I'd gone into playing the game expecting it to be super awesome and in the end it was sorta crappy and left me feeling crappy too.

I've actually started FF12 before, just never completed it because I hated the battle system. Other than that it's okay I guess. I've been dropping and picking that game up for about 5 times now, maybe someday I'll actually be able to complete it. XD

how can you not beat it ? lols its simple go run around and level up  Pokemon isn't exactly like a general rpgs

i actually regret buying naruto generations again  i didn't notice last time when i had  it  but this time Ive  noticed how the broken the battle system is   its really ridiculous how bad its gotten sometimes

I got the game for free and only started playing it last night, got up to chapter 2 and it's pretty cool to me and to my knowledge majority of FF games are done in this style so what did you really expect?

As far as I remember, I don't remember any other FF games that I managed to complete by pretty much mashing the X button. The auto-chain feature is nice but it's really just a cheat method for those who want easy battles. It didn't help how manually chaining meant wasting attack time either. I barely had to do any thinking for this game since I always knew where I was going and I didn't even grind for any bosses since mashing X will automatically get me the best attacks + chains. All I had to really do was time the paradigm shift at appropriate times so I don't die from low HP. Other than HP and the enemy's chain bar I didn't really have to look at anything else. :|

It probably wouldn't have been so bad if my hopes weren't that high for it in the first place. I'd gone into playing the game expecting it to be super awesome and in the end it was sorta crappy and left me feeling crappy too.

I've actually started FF12 before, just never completed it because I hated the battle system. Other than that it's okay I guess. I've been dropping and picking that game up for about 5 times now, maybe someday I'll actually be able to complete it. XD

Yeah, A lot of people had problems with the Battle System but I found that it was perfect for this particular game. The Gambit system took some getting used to but when you had to take down the Special Boss Hunts, seeing it all planned out and coming together was honestly one of the most rewarding sights in the game.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Most of my regretful game purchases stem from the N64/Gamecube eras but probably the most recent one was Rage. I remember getting somewhat excited for it when it was released but never got it due to getting other games at the time. When I finally did buy it a year later, well, I was pretty much unimpressed with everything. The graphics were nice....when my ps3 could actually load them on time. It just felt a bit boring, big openish world but it felt rather empty to me. The only thing I could think of was I wish I was playing Fallout 3/New Vegas or Borderlands over this. =/