Buying things Online and the problems with that

seirachan

So I recently got a Visa Debit card from my bank. It's not a creditcard it's a debit card. Basicaly I can only buy things online with it using it like a Visa card. It takes the money right from my bank account. However 5 days after my first buy online it took the same amount of money out of my bank account again.. being $60 so I was charged $60 twice. So the first thing I did was phone my bank and they told me that some companys do that when you buy things online and I'll be getting the money back in a few days. But this is a real problem cause what if I didn't have the other $60? What if I bought something for $300 and didn't have another $300? Well I would have been fucked over and gotten a bunch of fees. Why is this even legal? This is just rediculous.

That's BS. I've been using a Debit card online for the last like 5 years and have never seen it double charge like that.

If your bank is serious, then they have no clue what they're doing. Switch banks is all I can recommend.

Contact the site / seller you bought from and let them know you were double charged too and ask for a refund.

That's BS. I've been using a Debit card online for the last like 5 years and have never seen it double charge like that.

If your bank is serious, then they have no clue what they're doing. Switch banks is all I can recommend.

Contact the site / seller you bought from and let them know you were double charged too and ask for a refund.

I sent them an e-mail just to see if my bank was wrong, still waiting on a reply.

I've had a debit card for a fair number of years, and I've never heard of that either. Talking to the company would be the first thing I would do. See if it was just a mistake, or if that's really their policy; if it is, make sure you get your second $60 back, and I wouldn't buy from that company ever again.

If it's something to do with the bank, that sounds pretty dicey too. If it happens frequently, I'd switch banks.

• Like 1

I've had a debit card for a fair number of years, and I've never heard of that either. Talking to the company would be the first thing I would do. See if it was just a mistake, or if that's really their policy; if it is, make sure you get your second $60 back, and I wouldn't buy from that company ever again.

If it's something to do with the bank, that sounds pretty dicey too. If it happens frequently, I'd switch banks.

I've bought from this company a lot but I have never used my Visa Debit before. Considering I haven't had my Visa Debit for very long. I either used Paypal or my moms credit card. I really don't know if they did that to my moms card or not but my Paypal was fine.

So I got a message back and the Company I bought stuff from and they said, "You were not charged twice for this order. You have a pre-authorization when you place the order on your Credit Card and then when we actually ship out is when we charge you. The pre-authorization will disappear." So yeah bullshit, I compained.

Edited by seirachan

So I got a message back and the Company I bought stuff from and they said, "You were not charged twice for this order. You have a pre-authorization when you place the order on your Credit Card and then when we actually ship out is when we charge you. The pre-authorization will disappear." So yeah bullshit, I compained.

Pre-authorization is never the full price of anything. Typically it's only a dollar (and it's never even taken out of the account). However on my banks online list, it shows up as $0.00 if at all.

This has happened to me before. When it happened to me I just emailed them and got the money Back, glitch in the system.

But what you are explaining is wierd. Do you have phone authorization or just click and pay? If you have the latter then i suggest you Get the first one.makes it easier to see exactly what you're paying and too who.