Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito is a Four-Episode Series

Wake

According to the official blog of Ichiko Hashimoto, Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito will be a four episode film & OVA series, similar to the format for Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. Each episode is about 50 minutes long and will be premiered every three months followed by the Blu-ray release. The first episode will be released early this summer.

Source: Hashimoto's blog

Can't say I'm happy about this.... after all this waiting it's going to be so short and the wait in between episodes is always annoying when it's more then a week.

Ha ha... :haha: What can I say. I'm just happy, that I'm not dying to see it. When it shows up, I'll watch it. But really as I'm not anticipating much, I can deal with it being OVAs and not series and can wait for... whole year? :oh: till all episodes will be released. Ha ha... :haha: one more time. Interesting way, how creators are dealing with true fans, who anticipating much of it. Happy, I'm not one of them. :ewhz:

I have yet to start code geass but I do have it on dvd waiting to be watched. By the sounds of this Im quite interested by the sounds of the 50 minute long episodes and the lengthy time in bewteen each episode sounds like a pain, especially if your going to be waiting for the dubbed version which will take forever!!

Still I might delay my watching of code geass for these new episodes to be made, then dubbed. (I am aware that this could take forever.)

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: The story takes place in Europe in the year a.t.b. 2017. A Knightmare unit made of boys and girls from Area Eleven are thrown into a military operation with a 5% chance of survival. They must rescue an allied unit left behind on the European warfront.

The story is set after R1, but before R2 and shows the EU.

Release date: 04.08.2012 - Episode 1 - OVA

11.2012 - Episode 2 - OVA

02.2013 - Episode 3 - OVA

05.2013 - Episode 4 - OVA

Spread out or what? According to reviews of the 1st episode, It's more mecha than the TV series. After watching trailers, I'm pretty excited lol

Sounds like it is getting interesting!! Now I watch the dubbed version and have yet to watch any code geass. But do you guys think it would be best to watch this OVA series before R2? Or do you think it can be watched after R2. This will help me decide on when I can watch code geass, as I will wait for the Ova's to be dubbed (if they do get dubbed).

Sounds like it is getting interesting!! Now I watch the dubbed version and have yet to watch any code geass. But do you guys think it would be best to watch this OVA series before R2? Or do you think it can be watched after R2. This will help me decide on when I can watch code geass, as I will wait for the Ova's to be dubbed (if they do get dubbed).

definately go ahead and watch it. Before soemone ruins it for you.....

I personally loved R2, although I gather this is not the concensus.

UPDATE: The story takes place in Europe in the year a.t.b. 2017. A Knightmare unit made of boys and girls from Area Eleven are thrown into a military operation with a 5% chance of survival. They must rescue an allied unit left behind on the European warfront.

The story is set after R1, but before R2 and shows the EU.

Release date: 04.08.2012 - Episode 1 - OVA

11.2012 - Episode 2 - OVA

02.2013 - Episode 3 - OVA

05.2013 - Episode 4 - OVA

Spread out or what? According to reviews of the 1st episode, It's more mecha than the TV series. After watching trailers, I'm pretty excited lol

Sounds worthy of my time. I may have to look into this... I just finished watching R2 earlier today and it kind of left me bitter, craving more. Certainly they could do much more than explore Lelouch experience. C.C. Is obviously a character they could've gave even more depth to, and hell, a lot of the support characters in R2 were kind of poorly put together in my opinion. R2 seemed a bit rushed, and if desired, could have been stretched at least five more episodes to go into detail of some of the more prominent antagaonists when the curtain falls.